Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I want to know how he managed to find the craigslist site if his spelling is truly that poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

mastobeshion.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

88h88 posted:

I want to know how he managed to find the craigslist site if his spelling is truly that poor.

Kerglest.com
Cragslest.ogr
Rcgkist.ocm
Aggrocrag.net
Kerbllist.edu

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Delivery McGee posted:

That.

IIRC the posters he was selling were designed by other people, he didn't do any of the art himself, just tried to make money off other Goons' art.
I used past tense because while he was alive last time I checked, I'm fairly sure he was banned over the poster-sales thing and hasn't posted much since.

I want it. Even if it turns out to be complete poo poo, at that price you could probably make your money back selling the axles and scrapping everything else.

Those are stock XJ wheels, almost zero chance it's anything but stock axles. So... $300 worth of axles, maximum, unless one or two of the rear ones are dana 44s which is extremely unlikely. Even with two dana 44s in the back, it's no more than $700 worth of axles.

Also I don't even want to know what's going on under there, because there's no way there is enough space under the back of an XJ for the driveshaft and transfer case skullduggery needed to get both of the rear axles driven.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I bet the spell checker on that dude's computer has given up the fight

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kastein posted:

Those are stock XJ wheels, almost zero chance it's anything but stock axles. So... $300 worth of axles, maximum, unless one or two of the rear ones are dana 44s which is extremely unlikely. Even with two dana 44s in the back, it's no more than $700 worth of axles.

Also I don't even want to know what's going on under there, because there's no way there is enough space under the back of an XJ for the driveshaft and transfer case skullduggery needed to get both of the rear axles driven.

They do appear to have used a 2-door rear side window and body side to lengthen it, which would be the way I would do it.

Found this while looking for doritos-on-a-stick stuff:

Yeah, that's sure an $1800 car there. I don't feel too bad about what I'm wanting to ask for my rough-ish FC now.
Bonus points for posting a car/dealer that's in North Carolina in the Dallas, TX Craigslist.

edit:
Just looked at the guy's website. He wants $2300 for this:

edit 2:
Missed the "click for more":

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 29, 2016

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

no lowballers i know what i got

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Speaking of dealers who 'know what they got', anybody who's traveled I-55 south of Springfield, IL has probably gone by this clown's 'lot'.

Rusted basketcase Mopars for $6k plus? Check.
Rotted out Pontiacs with no loving drivetrain for $7k plus? Check
Mustangs that may or may not have been pulled out of scrapyards for $5k plus? Checkity check.

All this can be yours for the low low price of $8500.

gently caress this guy.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If anyone actually buys poo poo from that guy he should win a medal. A sucker born every minute, but most of them aren't THAT stupid.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm not sure who to blame more, Barrett-Jackson for driving the market through the stratosphere, or opportunistic fucks like that who probably still sell a few in spite of themselves.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
Pre-bailout gm, with possible ignition recall issue, but for 1900 its tempting. The question is what is wrong with it.

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/ctd/5410015565.html

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
I barely look at Jacksonville's Craigslist for Miatas anymore because the prices are usually so ridiculous, but here's some actual gold:
https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5418777707.html

Anyone want to buy an AW11 for $1600? :v:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm not sure who to blame more, Barrett-Jackson for driving the market through the stratosphere, or opportunistic fucks like that who probably still sell a few in spite of themselves.

Its the Barrett-Jackson effect and then people like Richard Rawlings doing a show about dragging poo poo out of a barn then selling it for a way more inflated price.

I am still waiting for the crash. I know Italian exotics did the same thing a while back, hopefully the prices crash soon. Late 80s and early 90's cars should not be commanding the price they have been lately.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

wargames posted:

Pre-bailout gm, with possible ignition recall issue, but for 1900 its tempting. The question is what is wrong with it.

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/ctd/5410015565.html

Um, it has 300k miles?

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Larrymer posted:

Um, it has 300k miles?

counter point, its a pre-bailout gm car that lasted 300k.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5424595075.html

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Man, this is a lot of car for 13k.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/5423009804.html

blk fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jan 30, 2016

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Points for the "dragon wagon" trailer, the disabled hang-tag, and the Fraternal Order of Police (?) license plate.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Does anyone have an auto-notify tool that updates them when new stuff they're looking for is posted on CL/Autotrader/ebay/etc? I used to do this with Feedly and CL but it kept breaking and i haven't looked at it for a while.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

IOwnCalculus posted:

Honestly when I see things like that I wonder if it's a husband running a scam to keep his wife at bay. "Hey baby I'm trying to sell all the cars all over the property you hate but no one is buyin em"

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

wargames posted:

counter point, its a pre-bailout gm car that lasted 300k.

I'm not sure if you're surprised or think this is somehow relevant. I don't think I'd buy any car with 300k on it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/5424057170.html

$700 bucks

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Almost expected to see it was another older, smaller Civic stacked on top like in 14"'s junkyard pics

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Buy the gently caress out of that now

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
"original air breather"? Do they mean this car still has the original air filter installed?

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

blk posted:

Does anyone have an auto-notify tool that updates them when new stuff they're looking for is posted on CL/Autotrader/ebay/etc? I used to do this with Feedly and CL but it kept breaking and i haven't looked at it for a while.

I use if this then that otherwise know as IFTTT. Let's you make a search and when it gets updated it can do all kinds of stuff.

https://ifttt.com/

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

freaking deal if you ever wanted a vette.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Valt posted:

I use if this then that otherwise know as IFTTT. Let's you make a search and when it gets updated it can do all kinds of stuff.

https://ifttt.com/

The IFTTT Kijiji bot is how I've scored cheap Miata hardtops over the years. It works great.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Dr.Caligari posted:

"original air breather"? Do they mean this car still has the original air filter installed?

I think maybe they mean as opposed to an aftermarket "cold" air induction.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

If the :canada: $$ wasn't so lovely I'd be on a plane right now.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Kinda tempting to fly to Malta and then drive this back through Sicily, Italy, France...

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C693674

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Mr-Spain posted:

freaking deal if you ever wanted a vette.

I've never wanted a C5 (my dad has one) but since this is so cheap maybe I should try it out as a track option since I don't want to put a rollbar in the Miata.

I wonder how terrible the first model year of a revolutionary new car at GM is.

blk fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 2, 2016

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Early LS1s like that were known for piston slap when cold. Not as bad as the early Gen III truck engines, but it was a thing.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

MrYenko posted:

Early LS1s like that were known for piston slap when cold. Not as bad as the early Gen III truck engines, but it was a thing.

It is also a first year new gen with a very desirable color combo with a 6 speed. It's a great deal.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

blk posted:

Craigslist has this feature built in. You can save a search and have it email you whenever you get a new hit.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I don't think you can do it nationwide, though - I'd like to pull from all Craigslistseses.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/5407859112.html

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

gently caress. Yes.

This thing is way better than that loving LTD everyone was all over, upthread. Way better.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I cant believe how nice the inside is, but I notice he doesn't mention if its running or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Cage posted:

I cant believe how nice the inside is, but I notice he doesn't mention if its running or not.

Driveline parts for that car are cheap and plentiful, but all the fiddly interior poo poo is normally wasted, and is completely unobtanium. That thing is immaculate.