Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Kind of makes you wonder how cold it needs to be for something that fluffy to need a heater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Cats are fluffly and they are heat leeches

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Semisponge posted:

Cats are fluffly and they are heat leeches

:eng101: They're dogs!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

There are many animals that have hybrid names that don't look like either species, but the raccoon dog really does look exactly like a mix of a raccoon and a dog and it is so loving weird and cool

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
This pool is a bit dirty for my washing needs. Do you have anything cleaner? I'd like to wash my adorable pieces of trash before I feast.

Jenova
Dec 3, 2009

HONK.
Fallen Rib
I see that cash crab finally made it over to the UK and to my favourite reptile shop. Why the name change, you on undercover business or something?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Jenova posted:

I see that cash crab finally made it over to the UK and to my favourite reptile shop. Why the name change, you on undercover business or something?

Bandit's owner needs to get some snails, just because the faces and chewing noises are adorable. My raccoon bros actually preferred finding wild escargot to the cat food.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Jenova posted:

It's very top secret.

Puffy baby:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Bored posted:

Bandit's owner needs to get some snails, just because the faces and chewing noises are adorable. My raccoon bros actually preferred finding wild escargot to the cat food.

My pet coon came with the name Bandit, unoriginal bastards, the lot of them.

I would have named him RJ.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Coulda called him Bradley.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Yum yum yum I love snacks!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

FUN FACT raccoons are among the few species known to smoke a joint along with humans and fish

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Mouse Dresser posted:

Yum yum yum I love snacks!

Can we have an appropriate GIF sound for this?

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Sooo everybody remembers the picture of the girl who straps a bunch of food to herself and lays down and lets raccoons go to town?

This girl, friend of the raccoons?

I found a Vice article that's basically riffing the whole thing, and it comes with more adorable pictures!

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/coon-suit-riot-0000040-v18n11/page/0 :3:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

SPLISH SPLASH I WAS TAKIN' A BATH - IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WHILE KNOCKING OVER YOUR TRASH CANS AND WAKING UP THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mouse Dresser posted:

SPLISH SPLASH I WAS TAKIN' A BATH - IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WHILE KNOCKING OVER YOUR TRASH CANS AND WAKING UP THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD

I don't think ive ever seen a raccoon this frigging excited about something that wasn't edible

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't think ive ever seen a raccoon this frigging excited about something that wasn't edible

he's so happy. i think?

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

GreyPowerVan posted:

he's so happy. i think?

He's happy because he gets to spend the day at the luxury spa. He just had a massage, and will be getting a pedicure after the aromatherapy bath, but before the glycolic peel. The mud mask really does a wonder on his whiskers.

Here he is blowing on his nails to dry them, after getting that perfect shady of glossy black:

Enjoying the hot tub to relax his aching washing muscles:

Waiting for his turn for a deep tissue shiatsu massage:

Mouse Dresser has a new favorite as of 21:59 on Feb 1, 2016

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Mouse Dresser posted:

He's happy because he gets to spend the day at the luxury spa. He just had a massage, and will be getting a pedicure after the aromatherapy bath, but before the glycolic peel. The mud mask really does a wonder on his whiskers.

Here he is blowing on his nails to dry them, after getting that perfect shady of glossy black:

Enjoying the hot tub to relax his aching washing muscles:

Waiting for his turn for a deep tissue shiatsu massage:

Of course you have wonderful pictures of raccoons at the spa. By your user name, I'm going to guess you work in the vermin fashion industry.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
[he just wants to get downtown for his job

(Yes this is a different raccoon from last time in december)

bunnyofdoom has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Feb 2, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bunnyofdoom posted:

You can run with us! we got everything thing you need! You can run with us! We are free!

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Bored posted:

Of course you have wonderful pictures of raccoons at the spa. By your user name, I'm going to guess you work in the vermin fashion industry.

:ssh: I used to work costumes for Disney :ssh:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

bunnyofdoom posted:

:ohdear: Oh, no, he's going to be late

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Reposting cause it's still my favorite raccoon related anything

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mouse Dresser posted:

Have you done an A/T thread about this?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Mouse Dresser posted:

Is that PUMBA getting the massage in the spa pictures?! That's tabloid material right there.

Edit. Nvm. Just a regular boar, not a warthog.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

relp

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

:buddy:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ehKal1djOU

:eyepop:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I will never recover from this

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.
Okay, so when is everyone in this thread meeting up there?

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

I Am Crake posted:

I made my boyfriend aware that this is now on my bucket list forever.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

I Am Crake posted:

Here is an actual for real photo of me at the cafe:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mouse Dresser posted:

Here is an actual for real photo of me at the cafe:

Who's the girl with you?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Aesop Poprock posted:

Who's the girl with you?

Why, it's a young Steven Tyler!

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

cash crab posted:

I will never recover from this

#cashcrabgoals2016

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I work security, which involves a lot of walking around outside at night, so I end up seeing lots of wash bears and fart squirrels.

I was walking around one of my buildings, and was heading down the loading dock ramp at the back to check a rear door. There's a couple of dumpsters down there, so I wasn't surprised to see a raccoon coming up the ramp from the bottom. He stopped when he saw me, and I stopped too, just to see what he'd do. He looked pretty fat, and sort of lumbered when he walked, so I wasn't sure how agile he'd be. Boy was I in for a surprise.
He dashed over to the side of the ramp, which was a smooth concrete wall that was about 6 1/2 feet high. He then leapt straight up and grabbed the top of the wall, pulled himself up, and ran off.
The moral of the story is that raccoons are nature's little Sam Fisher.

I love animals, so I enjoy watching the little guys do their thing, and I try not to disturb them. I also try to bail them out of trouble when I can.
A few years back, I pulled in to one of my buildings to do a check, and as I got out of my car, I heard an odd chittering sound coming from the dumpster out front. I walked over and peeked inside, and there was a tiny baby raccoon stuck in the bottom. The dumpster was nearly empty, so there wasn't enough trash for him to climb up and get out. I looked around and spotted a concerned looking Mama with 3 other little ones under a nearby tree. I went inside the building and grabbed a couple of chairs. I carefully stacked them inside the dumpster while the poor guy cowered against the side. I backed off, and a minute later, a little fuzzy head poked out of the top. He climbed out and hopped down, and dashed over to where Mama was waiting. The whole family scampered off, and I got to enjoy a warm fuzzy feeling for the rest of the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

The Zombie Guy posted:

fart squirrels.

I liked these stories very much, but this is my favourite thing I have seen all day.

PS:

THE ELDERS MEET, THE CONTRACT HAS BEEN SEALED