Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Sagebrush posted:

so just don't tell the flight attendant? are you flying on an airline where they actually check the numbers as you're sitting down?

the claimed reason for this is antiterrorism stuff, but the real reason is to figure out who dead if the plane crashes. but gently caress that who cares

Yeah. That works only if the people that have the other seats are willing to change seats so families can sit together. People often become animals when they fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Funhilde posted:

Costumes? I have never seen anyone in a costume at a gate.

same.

southwest has always been very uniform and professional, with a small bit of joking during the safety instructions that's entirely tolerable occasionally, but ive never seen any costumes or gimmicks.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
christ i missed my opportunity to eat lunch and am only just now chowing down at 3 PM :(

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I live on the 2nd floor.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

do sigs default to on in the pos now?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Rusty Box posted:

I love these Uniqlo x Lemaire sweats

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

c movie s: it's over

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Funhilde posted:

Yeah. That works only if the people that have the other seats are willing to change seats so families can sit together. People often become animals when they fly.

you can't really blame the airline for that. people choose their seats before the flight intentionally and i know that i'd get pissed off if the flight attendant told me to move to a middle seat next to the shitter so that a family of 6 could take up the whole row.

schedule your trip properly if you want that kind of thing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

sigs?

edit: silver, you LIED

turning mine on for this

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Vintersorg posted:

sigs?

turning mine on for this

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

OIC. greasemonkey redownloaded bobbilljim's userscript after I had reset firefox.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Vintersorg posted:

sigs?

turning mine on for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evFNeZL43sQ

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

you can't really blame the airline for that. people choose their seats before the flight intentionally and i know that i'd get pissed off if the flight attendant told me to move to a middle seat next to the shitter so that a family of 6 could take up the whole row.

one time a guy insisted he pay me $20 after asking to move seats

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Colors are good why does that thread hate them so

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

keyboard vomit posted:

Colors are good why does that thread hate them so

all black is "slimming" (does not apply if you are already potato shaped)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Vintersorg posted:

sigs?

turning mine on for this

i have that remote, its good

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

linux.png

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Sagebrush posted:

frontier charges you to choose seats. I've also reserved seats when booking only to have them be changed by the airline.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Funhilde posted:

frontier charges you to choose seats. I've also reserved seats when booking only to have them be changed by the airline.

it's ok, sagebrush is all about that victim blaming

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if i'd paid to select a specific seat and the airline changed it, i would be very pissed off, and if i was feeling bored and ornery in the terminal i might throw a shitfit to pass the time

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Same but only in my most private dreams, i am docile and well trained so i am allowed in public

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

dope firmware haxx

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
signatures? in MY yospos?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Al! posted:

dope firmware haxx

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
looks like i'm a few months behind

somebody hit me up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

I'm the buttgf

Swolegoat
Nov 4, 2011
friday is big beer day

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

BooLoo posted:

I don't think I can comprehend big American stores, the way everyone talks, Walmart sounds like somewhere I'd get lost and starve in.

Here's a small Costco. That's a tractor trailer in the upper left for reference.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Al! posted:

I'm the buttgf

text me

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Funhilde posted:

We flew to LA on Southwest and it was really great. They are one of the few airlines that still has preboarding for families- before A and B seating. Also nice to have all our bags checked. They also told us to take a picture of the baby in the cockpit after the flight was done.

southwest is good, the flight attendant was explaining exit row seating to people and asking if they were ok helping in an emergency and some smug guy said "where will you be" and the flight attendant said "i'll be in the back with the liquor cabinet if the flight is going down. no way will i be up here explaining this again" it was rad

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
southwest is cool b/c they'll let you cancel your flight and reschedule w/o any kinda fees or just plain give you full credit

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
flight attendant was a dallas big-hair blond woman and she was not going to take this poo poo from some californian guy at john wayne airport tyvm

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm on a tech support call and it's almost 4:00 and i'm not getting off of it any time soon :rip:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

i'm on a tech support call and it's almost 4:00 and i'm not getting off of it any time soon :rip:

supporter or supported?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

southwest is cool b/c they'll let you cancel your flight and reschedule w/o any kinda fees or just plain give you full credit

mrs kwinkles travels every week and she flies swa because they are more on time on average than the other options for the route (united or american). they are hecka on time because they only have one plane so finding substitutes is super easy and all their maintenance stuff can be mega standardized.

its not business class with an assigned seat but if you do it every week you literally can't get lower than a10 boarding position and after about 6 months you get a companion pass too so now i go out and back with her for free every few weeks

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Podima posted:

supporter or supported?

supported, but i got off of it, but now i have stuff to do because its a decent maintennce time aaaggh :rip:

i want beer

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

supported, but i got off of it, but now i have stuff to do because its a decent maintennce time aaaggh :rip:

i want beer

:beerpal:

wrapping up my day with boring rear end compliance training and then gonna go buy beer for the weekend!

ps with how lovely player participation has been im going to hold off opening my bsg game for at least another week to let some of the smaller games wrap up

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ffffffriday night mother havers

c 'za s: buffalo chicken and blue cheese :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Podima posted:

:beerpal:

wrapping up my day with boring rear end compliance training and then gonna go buy beer for the weekend!

ps with how lovely player participation has been im going to hold off opening my bsg game for at least another week to let some of the smaller games wrap up

u are learning well re: mafia

• Locked thread