Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Don't forget plague doctors have incision, if you want some immediate damage. Pretty useful when you run plague doctors in the warrens/weald.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Otoh incision is a garbage skill even if you equip the trinket that only improves incision

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Wafflecopper posted:

What's the minimum number of weeks it's possible to finish the game in? Just had my first death and first abandoned quest in NG+. I wasn't too far in and wondering if I should restart.

well technically it's like six weeks if you get billions-to-one lucky on dodging your way through the darkest dungeon at level 0

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Otoh incision is a garbage skill even if you equip the trinket that only improves incision

Gotta have the slugger perk to be worth it.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

How do the dungeon levels work? If you lose all your adventurers, will they be too hard for new guys to complete? Will they all be medium/long?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Elderbean posted:

How do the dungeon levels work? If you lose all your adventurers, will they be too hard for new guys to complete? Will they all be medium/long?

I'm not sure the exact system, but there always seems to be at least one short apprentice level dungeon available.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Snak posted:

I'm not sure the exact system, but there always seems to be at least one short apprentice level dungeon available.

I thought that was only "apprentice", and not necessarily short AND apprentice?

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
There will always be apprentice missions available, but based on posting in this thread you're not guaranteed to have short apprentice missions. I'm not sure how it works, but my guess you're more likely to have a short apprentice mission available before you've unlocked higher-level dungeons, which I'm not sure is done by the 'dungeon level' progress bar (I'm not sure if that only unlocks bosses or has other effects) or by having higher-tier heroes.

e:

Krinkle posted:

There are no more short missions they're all camping medium missions. I lost my party to a medium mission and now 4 random idiots gotta go camping with no food and no torches.

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 29, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That sounds right.

edit: I sometimes forget to camp or don't need to camp because I'm doing so well on medium quests. Medium quests seem too short and long quests seem too long.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I've never taken a long quest, ever. Way too goddamn tedious. Those should be done away with.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

I've never taken a long quest, ever. Way too goddamn tedious. Those should be done away with.

It's not the time played that's the issue, it's just that your inventory fills up 1/3 of the way through.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I enjoy saving a log for the very end, so I can focus on destressing / disease curing as a means of saving money.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I don't mind long dungeons because I enjoy the game play of the game. Same reason i don't mind the "grind" of leveling characters or upgrading the hamlet

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I enjoy saving a log for the very end, so I can focus on destressing / disease curing as a means of saving money.

Yeah, there's a neat tradeoff in saving your logs during long quests, because they take up a precious inventory slot.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
also a tip for people: don't needlessly hoard funds. spend that poo poo on improving skills, weapons, or grabbing good trinkets. if you cheap out on that, you'll be losing out, either by not maximizing the amount of coin you get in a mission, or by having to destress/replace the fucks you sent in with subpar gear.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
They should rebalance camping by going back to "until camp" buffs, but camping now bundles all the loot you've collected into a big Loot Sack that only takes one inventory slot.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Long Dungeons give more xp and loot, what's not to like?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mzbundifund posted:

They should rebalance camping by going back to "until camp" buffs, but camping now bundles all the loot you've collected into a big Loot Sack that only takes one inventory slot.

They should just make a Donkey item that takes up a slot but when you camp it carries all your poo poo back to the hamlet. Make it cost like 1,000 gold. You could buy up to 2 of them, but then you'd be down a total of four slots starting a long mission.

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013
The trinket rewards for long dungeons are also better, sometimes even worth it.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

MacheteZombie posted:

Long Dungeons give more xp and loot, what's not to like?

They don't really. Long dungeons only give twice the xp of a short dungeon, so you're really getting no better value for your time, and they actually give no more loot than a medium dungeon because your pack will be completely full either way.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The only way that long dungeons are good for anything at all is giving more xp for the same amount of weeks past. So I guess useful for NG+ since you have a time limit. Pointless otherwise.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mzbundifund posted:

They don't really. Long dungeons only give twice the xp of a short dungeon, so you're really getting no better value for your time, and they actually give no more loot than a medium dungeon because your pack will be completely full either way.

I don't know about the loot thing. I frequently end medium missions with Heirlooms and supply items still. If I do a long run, its all gold, gems, and random trinkets.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
They have better trinket rewards.

So they also have better chances of having hidden rooms? because hidden rooms seem to be worth 3,000-4,500 gold, which is pretty significant.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

There is always a secret room in long missions.

Whether or not you scout it out is a different matter

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Snak posted:

They should just make a Donkey item that takes up a slot but when you camp it carries all your poo poo back to the hamlet. Make it cost like 1,000 gold. You could buy up to 2 of them, but then you'd be down a total of four slots starting a long mission.

that Donkey's stress would be through the roof. No way that poor animal would be able to find its way out.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

that Donkey's stress would be through the roof. No way that poor animal would be able to find its way out.

oh man. That would be great. You have to dump all your camping stress skills on the donkey just to keep it from bolting with all your stuff.

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013
Donkey dies from heart attack, you lose all your loot

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My donkey developed kleptomania

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
FR: the Cavalier, a new class which rides a miniature horse through the dungeon.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I would pay good money for a Don Quixote class that shuffles back and forth like a jester, but good that chargin' spear pig.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i had to send the donkey to flagellate itself before it would go back into the dungeon

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
Oh man, the guard classes are both fantastic in the prophet fight. I brought in both a M@A and a dogemaster, and it was ridiculous.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Darkest Dunkey.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

If religious: -25 stress
If not religious: -10 stress
If donkey: bemused incomprehension

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
So, how does scouting actually works? Should I bother with more than one guy with scouting trinkets? Should I bother with even one? Do different classes have a different scouting chance?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
donkey can only get one affliction/virtue - "donkey"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mzbundifund posted:

I would pay good money for a Don Quixote class that shuffles back and forth like a jester, but good that chargin' spear pig.

A hero with an attack that deals high damage from the last position and moves them forward 2 or 3 spaces would actually be really interesting and fun to run

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
soothingvapors fails resolve test again

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

A hero with an attack that deals high damage from the last position and moves them forward 2 or 3 spaces would actually be really interesting and fun to run

Isn't this what the graverobber does with the lunge build?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GladRagKraken
Mar 27, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

donkey can only get one affliction/virtue - "donkey"

Ugh my donkey got afflicted and it started acting like a complete rear end