Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

CFH potentially losing the F and H. And a car.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/125550-indycar-fisher-hartman-partnership-in-jeopardy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
poo poo.

AxeBreaker
Jan 1, 2005
Who fucking cares?

Well, Josh Nichols (Terry Nichol's son) went to my Junior High, so I got no famous people in k-12, just infamous.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Bring back big tobacco!

:smith:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Went to high school with Cole Pearn, but I think Arthur Currie is the most famous alumni.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Since Deadmau5 is now a mod, you guys think we can convince Conor Daly and Hinchcliffe to post here? They are his buds after all.

Plus Conor does have a goony vibe to him. I present exhibit A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4L-55zTRGI

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BMB5150 posted:

Well better than me. I got Ted Bundy as the most famous in my high school. If Desmond Trufant can keep getting pro bowls and stuff I can say I graduated with him. I got no drivers here.

My friend had a TED BUNDY WAS A HUSKY shirt and I wish I did too.

Jamie Moyer made more of his legend with the Mariners as well :colbert:

In related news, didn't IndyCar announce hiring a sponsorship consultant recently too? Busy workload right away then.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

harperdc posted:

My friend had a TED BUNDY WAS A HUSKY shirt and I wish I did too.

Jamie Moyer made more of his legend with the Mariners as well :colbert:

In related news, didn't IndyCar announce hiring a sponsorship consultant recently too? Busy workload right away then.

Well... I went to uw as well so following Bundy's footsteps.

Also CFH is no more its back to Ed Carpenter Racing with Josef Newgarden and another car for Ed at the ovals.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

BMB5150 posted:

Also CFH is no more its back to Ed Carpenter Racing with Josef Newgarden and another car for Ed at the ovals.
Sucks for Sarah, but glad the team is continuing intact. Bet Josef is glad he only signed a 1 year deal.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Bummer about CFH. It was a great idea while it lasted.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's a hit to the car count, certainly on road courses and possibly everywhere except Indy.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
The Fisher-Hartman news makes me really sad, it'll make Media Day next Tuesday a little more somber.

But speaking of Media Day, I got the press conference schedule today and this part was :eyepop:

Pretty sure all I'll be watching during this event is Will's face & reactions as he tries to hold back the tears

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwQgjNUtez0

Everything about this video loving owns. Everything.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Super bummed about Sarah :smith: Glad Josef still has a ride at least.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwQgjNUtez0

Everything about this video loving owns. Everything.
Jim Malloy's fatal accident doesn't own very much, but other than that you're right.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Ex-driver Alex Lloyd has some interesting words for IndyCar.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/heres-how-to-make-indycar-great-again-195807034.html

I can't say I disagree with a lot of it, and I think that concept is pretty cool. He assumes it would be spec, but I don't think it really has to be. Could do something similar to the aerokits, but just cut back a lot.

Also Karam got a ride... in GTD.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Why do NIMBY's always whine about the noise of race cars?

There's a few twats on twitter bitching about the Boston race.

(Honestly if they don't want a race in their backyard? I'll take it! Lord knows I'd buy up tix for the revived Cleveland GP in a heart beat)

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

FuzzySkinner posted:

Solution: Formula E.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Cygni posted:

Ex-driver Alex Lloyd has some interesting words for IndyCar.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/heres-how-to-make-indycar-great-again-195807034.html

I'd be down as gently caress if that concept became reality.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Minto Took posted:

I'd be down as gently caress if that concept became reality.

same.

bring on the space cars damnit.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FuzzySkinner posted:

There's a few twats on twitter bitching about the Boston race.

I mean, race cars are pretty loving loud and not everyone likes car racing. I love the NHRA but I wouldn't want a top fuel drag car to do a run through my front yard.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Peanut President posted:

I mean, race cars are pretty loving loud and not everyone likes car racing. I love the NHRA but I wouldn't want a top fuel drag car to do a run through my front yard.

For 3 days a year, you prolly would. That would be dope, you wouldnt have to pay for tickets or anything.

But ferreal the race is around the convention center, it's not really in many people's front yards. Also IndyCar's aren't even that loud anymore. People just like to complain. They weren't able to get it shutdown in other ways, so now they will complain about noise... even though Red Sox after parties are probably 20x louder.

Cygni fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 30, 2016

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I walked through a pretty decent sized neighborhood to get to the convention center before.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I still don't understand how NASCAR figured out decades ago that the easiest way around poo poo like that is just own the tracks and surrounding land.

Like, they did that poo poo when they were a regional sport and Indycar was on top, so don't give me financial poo poo, it was loving complacency and stupidity.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

I still don't understand how NASCAR figured out decades ago that the easiest way around poo poo like that is just own the tracks and surrounding land.

Like, they did that poo poo when they were a regional sport and Indycar was on top, so don't give me financial poo poo, it was loving complacency and stupidity.

Preaching to the choir really.

I mean they DID have that in the form of Kalkhoven/Forsythe and Penske owning very important venues. Alas all of those mentioned got sold.

Not to mention Tony George co-owing Chicagoland until he sold his half and then the series promptly was never seen again.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Did Honda ever renew their contract for this year?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I don't think they have yet but its pretty much a formality after Sato was re-signed.

This time of year is generally when things get reconfirmed between US and Japan and budgets for all the programs decided (or at least announced internally). March is the year end but all the stuff has to be ready in advance to get the money where it needs to be for next year. I do a lot of overtime for late night conferences last week and next week :P

Uncle Jam fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 1, 2016

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I thought the aero kit changes to help even things out was the big thing Honda wanted in any case. So the series going forward with that was the sign all is well.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

harperdc posted:

I thought the aero kit changes to help even things out was the big thing Honda wanted in any case. So the series going forward with that was the sign all is well.

That and Aleshin shows off the new things on the car. It's very much taking pages off of what Chevy did.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ARE MAX confirmed in the #8 Ganassi car.

Looks like after Karma they've chosen the guy who always gets to the end of the race.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dudley posted:

ARE MAX confirmed in the #8 Ganassi car.

Looks like after Karma they've chosen the guy who always gets to the end of the race.

my god, what an incredible upgrade

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wonder if any team might take a punt on the best available open-wheel driver on the market, Big Pastor Maldonado.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Alain Post posted:

Wonder if any team might take a punt on the best available open-wheel driver on the market, Big Pastor Maldonado.

I imagine he lost his gig cause the oil prices tanked PDVSA's extra cash, but IndyCar is something like $4m for a season ride as opposed to $20m or whatever in F1...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

giving him any amount of money is political suicide in venezuela right now, and his funding from PDVSA was so massive that i doubt he developed relationships with any other backers. so unfortunately that seems very unlikely.

the full-time grid for this season looks seriously really, really strong

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

might this be the time for indycar to limit teams to 2 or 3 drivers? curious considering even ganassi and andretti are struggling for funds, to some extent. i'm not sure how that'd play in the short term, but in the long run i imagine you'd see some sponsorship dollars trickle down to the smaller teams.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

be nice wicka posted:

the full-time grid for this season looks seriously really, really strong

I really hope so, the quality of the driving was seriously awful the last few years.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

I had a vision of a Sato/Maldonado super team.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

I really hope so, the quality of the driving was seriously awful the last few years.

It seemed last year was particularly bad.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when Stefano Coletti spun out driving in a straight line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I had a vision of a Sato/Maldonado super team.

Would love to see AJ hire Big Pastor.

• Locked thread