Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
i want to learn that aiming technique that burns my center torso while i am standing at his side, 3 o clock.
Not saying theres hacks or cheats or something, i just want to kill people with lasers without having them in my field of view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Should I put the PPC range or cooldown module on my Muromets?

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Bait and Swatch posted:

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I wasn't feeling any of the builds I was coming up with.
The Hellbringer is NOT suited for brawling. It doesn't have the toughness of the Timber Wolf. I find that if I take any foe head on, even a smaller one, I get badly burned. This mech is for flanking and sniping.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
^^^^: Yeah, Hellbringers aren't very tanky.

The real question is why you are putting PPCs on a Muromets?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

TjyvTompa posted:

Should I put the PPC range or cooldown module on my Muromets?

Neither you ppc degenerate

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yolomon Wayne posted:

i want to learn that aiming technique that burns my center torso while i am standing at his side, 3 o clock.
Not saying theres hacks or cheats or something, i just want to kill people with lasers without having them in my field of view.

Hold down <ctrl> when moving your mouse. It'll prevent your torso from following the mouse, allowing your arms to track anywhere within their movement range. This is mostly useful in mechs with lower arm actuators, and you can shoot off to the side while jammed up against a building/rock to cover an open CT.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Patch note: Your ghost heat now applies half its damage to all mechs in a 60m radius around you

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Random Number posted:

Drive both, use the one you like. I prefer the SRM4+A for accuracy and lower heat, but I use the SRM6 because I play my atlas like a giant loving wedge whose only purpose is to give my team 5-10 seconds off solid firing opportunities.

asrm4s are probably slightly more effective on balance, but srm6's are more of a terror weapon because you get hit by them and your entire mech paper doll flashes red like a fire engine

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
Can we get this image put in the OP?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
^^^Sure! It's nice you guys are asking for this stuff when I'm actually at a computer for once.

TeeMerk posted:

This is a good post and should go in the OP.

Don't tell me how to run my barely functional OP.

I added it because I wanted to.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
4xasrm6 + ac20 with a 360 filled with heatsinks is still hot as balls. There is no reason to put mediums on an Atlas, unless it's an RS or Boarshead.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

So one guy said they can't refund mechs after two weeks of talking and someone else does it on one day

What

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

So one guy said they can't refund mechs after two weeks of talking and someone else does it on one day

What

And yet you guys still give these clowns money :allears:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Kurzon posted:

This is my Hellbringer:

ECM
3x medium lasers on the left torso (for peeking over hills)
2x large lasers on the arms (for sniping)
everything else is heatsinks

This is my favorite mech and I regularly get over 500 damage in a match.

You are doing it wrong. if you're using ER Larges, one goes in the head, and the other goes in the first slot of the ECM torso. Your sniping weapons should be in the peeking slots. If you're using LPLs to snipe, then you should have them both in the ecm torso.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
So there's no way to buy a cbill bonus Hellbringer without dropping 6090 bucks for the loki pack"? Why does :pgi: have such a lovely pricing scheme.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

WebDO posted:

And yet you guys still give these clowns money :allears:

Someone else did! I got it for free using someone's founder account.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

veedubfreak posted:

So there's no way to buy a cbill bonus Hellbringer without dropping 6090 bucks for the loki pack"? Why does :pgi: have such a lovely pricing scheme.

So you can use Helios carefree

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
reminder that though helios and other cheats do exist, with certain robots it is difficult but possible to shoot them in the CT even if they're twisted away from you -- usually due to like a protrusion on the robot's geometry or something

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Always leg Marauders. Since the CT is about 4 pixels wide.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

veedubfreak posted:

Always leg Marauders. Since the CT is about 4 pixels wide.

It's really annoying how often I get legged in that thing.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

And as an added bonus, you get two sets of completely garbage mechs that are unusable in any serious capacity! I like my cbill-bringer, but I can't say it was worth the price, or even close to it.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Obvious and dumb question: When brawling in my Marauder or Ghost Dad, I just want to blast the gently caress out of their CT right? Is there any situations where I would want to take out a side torso or legs?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

That Gobbo posted:

Obvious and dumb question: When brawling in my Marauder or Ghost Dad, I just want to blast the gently caress out of their CT right? Is there any situations where I would want to take out a side torso or legs?

Marauders

But generally speaking yes

Or anything with an is XL engine punch a side torso.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
If you want to take out a weapon, or if it's an IS mechanical and you suspect it has an XL engine. You you want to dismantle the target because it's fun.

I like the 3rd option :black101:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

That Gobbo posted:

Shoot marauders in the legs. Otherwise go for CT.

EDIT: Probably shoot stalkers in the legs too.

DiHK posted:

If you want to take out a weapon, or if it's an IS mechanical and you suspect it has an XL engine. You you want to dismantle the target because it's fun.

I like the 3rd option :black101:

If I get into a dad vs dad situation I shoot for the SRM racks.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

That Gobbo posted:

Arcric cheaters, ravens, oxides our other annoying lights.

King crabs often have leg ammo. gently caress other marauders.
Trial atlas 7k always go for the xl.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

veedubfreak posted:

Couldn't you buy them a la carte? I recall there was an option to do so. :confused:

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Bait and Swatch posted:

Anyone have a fun build for the hellbringer?

For me the one that is the most fun is 2 AC5's and as many small pulses that will fit. But other builds include 2 large pulse and 4 er mediums (with lpulse cooldown and erm range mods they synch up well), or 4 medium pulse and 3 small pulse. Gauss and 4 or 5 er meds used to be a thing but is a bit poo poo now.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

If all the prices of money items were permanently half what they are I could justify money purchases a lot more

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Please, please, PLEASE get on mumble when you plan to shoot robots. It's pretty horrible when I log into MWO see 30+ people online, but maybe 8 people on mumble. Don't be a pubbie.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

veedubfreak posted:

You can buy the bonus hellbringer for 55 dollars by itself and you get none of the bonuses and only 3 mechs. The 90 dollar entry gets you the hellbringer and 2 other really bad mechs. What a deal!

just don't buy any clan wave I or II packages. They're not worth the money.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I will be playing robots for the next hour or so. Goons who know who to look for can invite me to a group if they want.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The worst thing about the really bad clan mechs is that none of them have particularly good pod options, you can install any upgrades to improve them, and because they're clan mechs, PGI will never give them the ridiculous quirks necessary to make them even remotely effective. They're the deadest of dead ends.

vvvv when I find a mech like that by itself I like to blast off one of its legs and spin in a circle in front of it while it does nothing. It's the closest I can manage to teabagging in this game.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 30, 2016

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Rhymenoserous posted:

Shoot marauders in the legs. Otherwise go for CT.

EDIT: Probably shoot stalkers in the legs too.

If I get into a dad vs dad situation I shoot for the SRM racks.

Man I found a stalker today running 3x LRM-20s with what had to be almost totally stripped leg armor on Polar. I was pretty salty about getting that map with a 6ML cicada until I came over the rise and saw that guy. Leg kills on silly boat assaults feel good.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Melchior posted:

When I came back I bought the daishi (Direwolf) Clan Invasion pack, and part of me keeps playing regularly to justify this decision. I mean the game is still fun as hell, but I got a lot of dogshit mechs for my investment (only the Nova and Direwolf were passable). I keep wanting to by the Jenner/Hunchback IIC packs ("It's only $20 each!" I tell myself) but thankfully I've managed to 'make do' with twenty other mechs in my collection. I guess it was a christmas present to myself.

the hunchback pack is OK. i found the hunchie to be a bit on the fragile side, but then again I am used to my atlas.

Shame you missed out on the early adopter, the jenner IIc-a mech is a cheeta on steriods minus the ECM

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

Pooncha posted:

Couldn't you buy them a la carte? I recall there was an option to do so. :confused:

You only get the (I) invasion variants buying a'la carte from wave 1.

You have to buy full packages with the other waves.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

You only get the (I) invasion variants buying a'la carte from wave 1.

You have to buy full packages with the other waves.

This, for some reason, they only allowed ala cart for phase 1, which is how i got my Twolf(I). I ended up just buying the 3 marauders and stripped em all. Now to find all the best pieces and start leveling.

2uac5 and a ton of small pulses you say.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Guys I have the HBR-Prime(I) and I have never owned a mist lynx or or ice weasel ferret thing. A la carte does work for wave ii.

Fakedit: Yes I make bad life choices...but at least I didn't buy a poo poo weasel.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Marshall Louis posted:

Guys I have the HBR-Prime(I) and I have never owned a mist lynx or or ice weasel ferret thing. A la carte does work for wave ii.

Fakedit: Yes I make bad life choices...but at least I didn't buy a poo poo weasel.

Still not sure how I feel about the Hellbringer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
From the townhall:

All clan negative quirks are going to be removed

IS energy range quirks are to be capped at 10%

MASC is getting a huge buff

Stalker gets retrofit

Blackjacks getting their structure quirks toned down

Russ is kinda sloshed

RIP BLR-1S