Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Where can I get this game for less than release price four years later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

my bum

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Just got this game and am looking for some friends. I have no idea if people on the list still play the game but if you'd like to add me (please do) my friend code is 1177-7996-6552.

Thanks!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I added you. Mine is 1048-9225-3335

There's also the friends list in the OP but it's pretty dead at this point

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Flavahbeast posted:

I added you. Mine is 1048-9225-3335

There's also the friends list in the OP but it's pretty dead at this point

Thanks! I added you back and ddogflex. Also added my code to the list.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So is level 45-46 to low to be taking on the Behemoth boss on hard mode? It seems to be since he one shots everybody with the majority of his moves, and Roar will one shot everybody unless he's debuffed or i have protect up.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Behemoth is one of those dramatic jumps in difficulty that you either have to get a very tight team for, or just grind a little bit

Roar is some hot bullshit that can and will go two times in a row to just gently caress you

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Calaveron posted:

So I understand that Bravely Default had some fun with its localization and had a lot of crass jokes and the like but seriously, ball buster and busting balls?

Bravely Second: Where the Ba'als Bust

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Bravely Second: Where the Ba'als Bust

Top-of-the-line goon humor right here

Spoiler: The BD developers are all the gooniest of goons

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Did someone say the composer isn't the same in the sequel? Man, the music in this game was loving incredible :( I am finally coming to the end of the game I think - just reached what I think is the optional endgame dungeon. Maybe I'll even finish before the sequel arrives!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Did someone say the composer isn't the same in the sequel? Man, the music in this game was loving incredible :( I am finally coming to the end of the game I think - just reached what I think is the optional endgame dungeon. Maybe I'll even finish before the sequel arrives!

Revo in BD, Supercell in BS.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Unfortunately yes.

But at least some of the best songs from Bravely Default are still used in Bravely Second.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Folt The Bolt posted:

Unfortunately yes.

But at least some of the best songs from Bravely Default are still used in Bravely Second.

All of this please? :rock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nB2kz8VlB4 (sorry if this gets posted a lot I haven't read the whole thread because I am worried about spoilers for the ending of BD!)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

This is the new normal battle theme.

http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvvE0elV5lBs

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Very good theme, like just from the first minute it's great. Should be a fun game overall.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

All of this please? :rock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nB2kz8VlB4 (sorry if this gets posted a lot I haven't read the whole thread because I am worried about spoilers for the ending of BD!)

Unfortunately, none of those made it in, I think.

But goddamn, lots of fond memories I had with this game came streaming back into my consciousness after listening to that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I remember using your send move a bunch back when it first came out, Folt.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

(endgame BD spoilers) Folt cheered me on during the final battle. Thank you, Folt, for helping me save the world.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I remember using your send move a bunch back when it first came out, Folt.

Hahahah! I remember linking to Terper a lot because his job class levels were higher than mine. Of course, I have now achieved the highest levels in all job classes so I might be this for some other people now.

BD Endgame Spoilers posted:

And of course, Terper and I literally ending up mutually helping one another out in a freakin' game cutscene to make the final boss killable when we reached that point in our games. That was awesome!

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i'm playing this and added the friend codes i saw on the last couple pages. i'm 5258-3070-9247

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

baram. posted:

i'm playing this and added the friend codes i saw on the last couple pages. i'm 5258-3070-9247

I added you back! Anyone else want to swap codes?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Vasler posted:

I added you back! Anyone else want to swap codes?

Added you and Flavahbeast. Mine's 5413-0267-6822

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Figured out part of my problem on Chapter 7. I'm still playing on hard mode for some reason. Dohohoho, gently caress that noise.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Added you and Flavahbeast. Mine's 5413-0267-6822

Added you back - thanks!

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
europe released a trailer with some of the new jobs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCFn4jkrx4c

really hosed up that they didn't call it nekomancer.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
can't wait to see which Jobs are disgustingly broken and which are merely broken

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Did they skip showing the Tomahawk class or whatever it's called?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Did they skip showing the Tomahawk class or whatever it's called?

The tomahawk is now called Hawkeye: https://twitter.com/kurocchi0509/status/692790214851452928/photo/1

And the change from native to cowboy has extended to Aimee (Amy) as well.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I loving love that they changed the native american stereotype into a cowboy stereotype.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Terper posted:

I loving love that they changed the native american stereotype into a cowboy stereotype.

It's delightfully shortsighted and insensitive to the point of hilarity. Solving one "problem" in the one way you shouldn't.

It's good that it's not a lovely effort at changing it up though.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

A cowboy stereotype isn't offensive to a group of people with a history of being treated like poo poo, so long as it isn't just the cowboy spewing hateful speech towards the natives.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Equating a Native American stereotype with a cowboy 'stereotype' is pretty hilarious.

The Gentlemieu
Jan 1, 2013
Soiled Meat
It's ironic because at one point in time America was on a mission to destroy all unassimilated natives and Cowboys were a large part of that effort.

Ever heard of the children's game 'Cowboys vs. Indians'?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

There go my dreams of shooting monsters with a shotgun shaped like a totem pole. :negative:

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
At first I thought that was an Agnes amiibo in the trailer and I was briefly confounded that they made one for her and not Edea

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I don't understand why that is insensitive.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It's odd treating it like a job you can just chuck on, but painting over it doesn't feel like a great solution.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TurnipFritter posted:

I don't understand why that is insensitive.

Even if it's technically inaccurate, Cowboys have always been the traditional enemy of Native Americans "Indians" and considering that the latter were routinely slaughtered and Cowboys get attributed with that somewhat, it's short sighted even if it's not specifically what happened in real life.

chaos rhames posted:

It's odd treating it like a job you can just chuck on, but painting over it doesn't feel like a great solution.

Default had a handful of classes that tended to draw inspiration from other global cultures, such as Spell Fencer. If anything, it's kind of odd that the native role gets pulled up but nothing else did. I attribute that to American centricism though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

At bare minimum there's currently an ongoing debate over if it is offensive to use the term Redskin for a sports team and you really don't want to have that carry over to your game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

At bare minimum there's currently an ongoing debate over if it is offensive to use the term Redskin for a sports team and you really don't want to have that carry over to your game.

I assume this has more to do with it than anything else

faux-American Natives have been JRPGs forever

• Locked thread