Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

quote:

“We’re the grunts that get stuck behind because nobody informed us of what’s going on,” one of the four, Sandy Anderson, said in a phone interview with the Los Angeles Times.

I hope very dearly that this is true. I hope they had no idea other people were leaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

:laffo: if they were straight up abandoned and they don't know why

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

"because nobody informed us of what’s going on,”

Sounds like they got freedom from being governed like they always wanted.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

I hope very dearly that this is true. I hope they had no idea other people were leaving.

:lol: This is amazing.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
"Everyone's leaving and heading home or surrendering but we have no idea what's going on so we're just going to stay here :downs:"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
Full article I took that quote from:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-sej-oregon-standoff-final-5-20160128-story.html

quote:

Earlier Thursday, the group believed only Sean Anderson faced arrest. But they said in the interviews that a fifth person, whose first name they said is Jake, was arrested after he left early Thursday with the belief that he would not be. By late Thursday morning, the four remaining presumed they would face the same felony charges others have who have been arrested in relation to the nearly month-long occupation.

The FBI has not confirmed the arrest of anyone named Jake in the last 24 hours. In a release late Wednesday, the FBI did not say those remaining would not face arrest, only that law enforcement would “continue to work around the clock to empty the refuge of the armed occupiers in the safest way possible."
I really hope Jake was an FBI mole who just left.

Seriously, it's insane that this is still going on because of FOUR IDIOTS.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
The best way to make sure you're not arrested is to repeatedly ignore the FBI telling you to leave and generally make them annoyed at your existence.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Was this posted?

quote:

OPB obtained audio of a conversation Friday morning from one of the four remaining occupiers of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.
The remaining militants inside are David Fry of Blanchester, Ohio, husband and wife Sean and Sandy Anderson of Janesville, Wisconsin, and Jeff Banta of Elko, Nevada.

During the conversation, Sean Anderson said the group is not going to negotiate with the FBI at this time, and they are prepared to wait until all their supplies are depleted.

http://www.opb.org/news/article/oregon-standoff-negotiations-with-fbi-stall-at-malheur-refuge/

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Doctor Butts posted:

:laffo: if they were straight up abandoned and they don't know why

No. Fry had his stream up as everyone else was leaving after the Bundy's were taken into custody. He proudly proclaimed he would stay and die in a fight as the others packed up and left.

They were all on camera a couple days ago planning their defence of the refuge, so gently caress them if they now think they were left behind.

Or she is complaining about being abandoned by the Navy Seals.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Lotka Volterra posted:

The best way to make sure you're not arrested is to repeatedly ignore the FBI telling you to leave and generally make them annoyed at your existence.

The issue is that Sean doesn't want to go prison OR die, and he doesn't accept that those are his only two options.

edit: i'm not surprised he got his wife to stick by him, but I can't believe the other two knuckleheads are still there. What is the point?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Lotka Volterra posted:

That's why they're getting pardons BEFORE they leave, dumbass. :colbert:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mr Interweb posted:

During the conversation, Sean Anderson said the group is not going to negotiate with the FBI at this time, and they are prepared to wait until all their supplies are depleted.

You are loving kidding me.

"We will wait until we get more desperate before we negotiate."

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

theflyingorc posted:

The issue is that Sean doesn't want to go prison OR die, and he doesn't accept that those are his only two options.

edit: i'm not surprised he got his wife to stick by him, but I can't believe the other two knuckleheads are still there. What is the point?

They're either too stupid to realize they're making their case worse or its ~patriot solidarity~

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

univbee posted:

You are loving kidding me.

"We will wait until we get more desperate before we negotiate."

When your back is against the wall, you become more fierce and your determination sharpens into a blade. Nothing can stop you then!

Until you take that first step and you realize what a bitch frostbite and hunger is.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man
Did I miss what happened to Blaine Cooper?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

SyHopeful posted:

Did I miss what happened to Blaine Cooper?

He surrendered the first night, later in the evening.

Also, he was killed by the Predator.

(I still can't get over the fact that he changed his name to match Jesse Ventura's character in Predator)

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

theflyingorc posted:

He surrendered the first night, later in the evening.

Also, he was killed by the Predator.

(I still can't get over the fact that he changed his name to match Jesse Ventura's character in Predator)

He didn't have time to duck :911:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
It's going to be funny remembering Fry's objection to Fatty M-14 Guy being the only one with an arrest warrant, when they all talk themselves into warrants. Like cool, inconsistency resolved, you're all immediately going to jail.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
i wanna know what happened to their one black guy

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

Emergency rations were the first thing to go.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

theflyingorc posted:

He's off leading the white supremacists, remember?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Kro-Bar posted:

That's why they're getting pardons BEFORE they leave, dumbass. :colbert:

Well there's that thought or they could just kill all of the FBI. These guys are constitutional ubermensch, right?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

theflyingorc posted:

They're certain that they're all going to be arrested later at home anyway. DefendYourBase is deathly afraid of the "weird things" that he's heard happen to you in prison.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

wonder what they are planning.

that reminded me of the arkham game over screens, except instead of batman villain taunting you. its fat militia man.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

No. Fry had his stream up as everyone else was leaving after the Bundy's were taken into custody. He proudly proclaimed he would stay and die in a fight as the others packed up and left.

They were all on camera a couple days ago planning their defence of the refuge, so gently caress them if they now think they were left behind.

Yeah, these guys change their story every 5 minutes when the original one no longer works. They were calling the people leaving cowards and proclaiming their desire to die glorious deaths on Night 1. It wasn't until they came down from it and realized that it wasn't going to be quick and easy that they started on the "we want a peaceful resolution, why don't they?" and "where'd everyone go?"

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Its dehumanizing but I almost want them kept in stasis like this forever but its a huge drag on government resources to have a yeehawdi Zoo tycoon exhibit.

Day 45 of the revolution - FBI chopper flew over again, unsure if wife is up for another sorrow dance.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Once upon a time I was falling in love
With a refuge for herons and skylarks
Now there's nothing I can say
They emptied 3 clips in my tarp

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Oh ffs

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/693185516062261249

How can they issue a call to action while still being such amazing cowards? Also I think they think PEACEFULLY in all caps is a magic word. Exactly how do they expect to get what they want when the FBI and state troopers laugh in their faces and then say 'now gtfo'? I hope that if anyone shows up, they all go 'oh okay' when that happens, and leave.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Once upon a time I was falling in love
With a refuge for herons and skylarks
Now there's nothing I can say
They emptied 3 clips in my tarp

:golfclap:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

kartikeya posted:

Oh ffs

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/693185516062261249

How can they issue a call to action while still being such amazing cowards? Also I think they think PEACEFULLY in all caps is a magic word. Exactly how do they expect to get what they want when the FBI and state troopers laugh in their faces and then say 'now gtfo'? I hope that if anyone shows up, they all go 'oh okay' when that happens, and leave.

No one's going to show up. These puppies have been good and whipped, it's 30 degrees out, and their keyboards don't judge them. Much.

Before the 150 car rollup they would have likely picked up a few dozen, but everyone's been scattered except the Brokesnack Mountain crew, tarpman's dead, and this there's no battle left to join.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 29, 2016

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

kartikeya posted:

Oh ffs

I could swear they issued that exact statement already.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So how likely is it that the remaining four will try to frame up their suicides as evil gubment killing them before they could surrender? It seems like the most expedient and deceitful way they can avoid the consequences of their actions so of course they're already trying to convince themselves that's the best option.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I hope everyone that wants to join emails that EXACT email address to extend their support, then wait idly by as nothing except "failed to deliver" notifications come back.

Spellcheck your poo poo, people.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
"Deceitful tactics". It's just adorable that one of their complaints is that the feds aren't playing fair with wanted criminals.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Crabtree posted:

So how likely is it that the remaining four will try to frame up their suicides as evil gubment killing them before they could surrender? It seems like the most expedient and deceitful way they can avoid the consequences of their actions so of course they're already trying to convince themselves that's the best option.

None of these chucklefucks are intelligent enough to frame the FBI for their suicides. I'm amazed they remember how to breathe in the morning.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I, too, am outraged that if you refuse to follow lawful orders of the police they can eventually force you to comply.

Im outraged more african americans arent tazed after being given ample time to comply and instead get murdered.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

RuanGacho posted:

I could swear they issued that exact statement already.

I think there have been a few calls to arms that have then been rescinded by some other self proclaimed militia commander.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lycus posted:

DefendYourBase has a lovely phone, but he thinks the FBI is turning it off at random times.

If I was on the FBI team living in a comms van at the blockade, that is exactly what I would be doing if allowed.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Welp, it looks like the protest for leVoys murder lasted 15 minutes, as it was too cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

theultimo posted:

Welp, it looks like the protest for leVoys murder lasted 15 minutes, as it was too cold.

So you're saying it was a futile self-fulfilling gesture that died in the snow?

• Locked thread