Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Clarste posted:

What's the simple sword you bought? I would also like to cover my ridiculous fantasy thing, and maybe I could help you figure out why it isn't working?

Without checking i think it was just Iron Sword. I bought it from a vendor near the start of the cinderlands for 2s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
The stone sword from the area with Stalker Jinshe or whatever looks cool, like a katana with a handguard.

I'd post a pic, but I'm in the E.R. getting an X-ray on my ankle because I'm a stumbling clumsy gently caress.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I kinda facerolled my way to 1800 as a summoner and I guess this is the tier where people know how to play against summoners and I am getting my poo poo kicked in and I don't like it.

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...
Is there anywhere that has a decent overview of Blade Dancer and what combos into what? Just trying to get a feel for how to do it properly as I blunder into Arena. (Decent winrates against everything but assassins, so far.)

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Endings posted:

Is there anywhere that has a decent overview of Blade Dancer and what combos into what? Just trying to get a feel for how to do it properly as I blunder into Arena. (Decent winrates against everything but assassins, so far.)

My personal build focuses on air combos and getting them as often as you can. spec 2 into stun, your draw 2 into stun, your V into a vacuum daze, your grip 3 into a daze, and your x into a daze AND knockup daze target. if all goes right, you basically never let them leave the air.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

HapiMerchant posted:

My personal build focuses on air combos and getting them as often as you can. spec 2 into stun, your draw 2 into stun, your V into a vacuum daze, your grip 3 into a daze, and your x into a daze AND knockup daze target. if all goes right, you basically never let them leave the air.

Leaving enemies in the air forever is going to make your teammates mad. Especially if knocking them up causes them to miss a big damage attack.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
I don't think they'll mind if it takes that guy out in 3v3. I think the original person was primarily thinking 1v1 anyways though.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

DemonMage posted:

I don't think they'll mind if it takes that guy out in 3v3. I think the original person was primarily thinking 1v1 anyways though.

Oh, was that for pvp? My apologies!

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Ok so i want to give this a shot, what's the OP gently caress you pvp class?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Blade Dancer right now I think, but Destroyer, Assassin, and Summoner are all up there in terms of being donkey fuckers.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

malhavok posted:

Ok so i want to give this a shot, what's the OP gently caress you pvp class?

None of them are outright OP currently.

Blademaster is probably the worst.

Summoner is the most annoying to face at low skill levels and seems OP then, but gets destroyed by other classes at high skill levels, once people learn how to prioritize targeting the relevant one.

KFM is okay.

Bladedancer is around the 'best'.

Destroyer is pretty good.

Assassin is much like Summoner - annoying because it can perma invis and if you don't know how to deal with that, it seems OP. However if the opponent does, you get destroyed.

Force Master is very squishy until high levels, and then becomes pretty good.

Edit: Basically, Summoner, Destroyer, and Assassin seem unbeatable if you don't know how to face them. if you do, you'll beat them 80% of the time, however. Blade Dancer is not weird or tricky to fight, it's just straight up strong, and thus plays well at any skill level.

However, Blade Dancer also is the Worst PvE class, while Summoner/Destroyer/Assassin are great at PvE stuff.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 30, 2016

RobertDanger
Dec 4, 2003
Here comes danger!

I think I was dropped from the clan on mushin. What guild are we in there?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

KittyEmpress posted:

However, Blade Dancer also is the Worst PvE class, while Summoner/Destroyer/Assassin are great at PvE stuff.

I'll have you know being grab bitch is an IMPORTANT JOB damnit!

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

None of them are outright OP currently.

Blademaster is probably the worst.

Summoner is the most annoying to face at low skill levels and seems OP then, but gets destroyed by other classes at high skill levels, once people learn how to prioritize targeting the relevant one.

KFM is okay.

Bladedancer is around the 'best'.

Destroyer is pretty good.

Assassin is much like Summoner - annoying because it can perma invis and if you don't know how to deal with that, it seems OP. However if the opponent does, you get destroyed.

Force Master is very squishy until high levels, and then becomes pretty good.

Edit: Basically, Summoner, Destroyer, and Assassin seem unbeatable if you don't know how to face them. if you do, you'll beat them 80% of the time, however. Blade Dancer is not weird or tricky to fight, it's just straight up strong, and thus plays well at any skill level.

I'd agree to a point, but only if the Summoner is bad. Bad summoners make it to gold and get dunked. Average summoners can hit plat. Good summoners currently have records like Pandastick (something absurd like 150+ and 15-). Part of it involves spec'ing full defense and after EVERY attack call the cat back to you and have it huddle while standing on it. Healing on it and yourself will win the attrition war unless it's someone like Des. BM, BD, and Sin probably have the worst times with it. The other part of the matchup is how forgiving Summoner is. You can gently caress up a trinket and recover. Other classes trinket at the wrong time and just auto-die. Also the only class that can break aerial combos and stop grabs without trinkets or proper countering. That's not even mentioning the weird poo poo the client does with targeting, even with sensitivity all the way up. I pooped out a blade toss behind me while a cat was slept off in the distance and the summoner was in the opposite direction, while I was facing him.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Yeah, the targeting can be extremely frustrating. "Hooray, I knocked the Summoner in the air. Thank god I'm spending the next five seconds weakly swatting at the cat."

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
Since it's been requested a few times, here is a website with images/sources of all the various weapon skins. AFAIK it's current with the Western release, but I'm altoholic trash so I haven't levelled past 30 on any chars (plus my leveling partner is DEAD SERIOUS about farming that Deva outfit so Flamebrain has been staring at that field boss for like 2-3 nights in a row instead of questing) yet so if there's more that are missing here, I dunno.

http://bns.endgame.pk/

Click the gear type on the left sidebar for the images/locations.

For pretty princess dress-up planning, there is this: http://tinyurl.com/bnsdressup

Features a terrifying amount of screenshots for each outfit/cosmetic.

ETA: Oh duh, it's already in the OP. Well, I guess consider this a PSA that it's a good source for aesthetic stuff too. Found it when I was searching for understated weapon skin for my KFM (I also settled on the Stone Gauntlets like a few others) because I got sick of having weird bladehands.

noveria fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 30, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So apparently PC gamer slammed BnS in a review, saying it was a bad game with excellent PVP. poo poo hurts, man. :(

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

So apparently PC gamer slammed BnS in a review, saying it was a bad game with excellent PVP. poo poo hurts, man. :(

Well I mean it is. It's still an MMO.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

PC Gamer is still being published? :confused:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
It'd hurt a lot more if they were remotely relevant. In the end the PvP does shine more than the PvE right now but we've got a lot of cool stuff coming sooner than later on that front (Mushin and the Labyrinth in particular) which'll help. And to top it off unlike a lot of MMOs the leveling combat is fun because the core game play loop is just a bit more interesting. Stuff dies fast but that keeps the pace up and it's usually pretty flashy too.

[Edit] The lack of a healing class helps keep the dungeon content more interesting too.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 30, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The list only has the rare stuff.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

Game reviewers are specially chosen for being the dumbest idiots who are the worst at playing video games on the planet, so anything they say, good or bad, is completely irrelevant.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Is it normal for blade dancers to be squishy in dungeons early on? (Specifically, Chapter 20, Adder's Nest, with GODDAMN DODAN AND HIS LACKEY :argh: as your battle buddies)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Blade Dancers say "low defenses" in their description, so probably.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
Any of you pro forcemasters have some tips on how I should be allocating skill points as I level up? I'm just winging it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Skylight posted:

Is it normal for blade dancers to be squishy in dungeons early on? (Specifically, Chapter 20, Adder's Nest, with GODDAMN DODAN AND HIS LACKEY :argh: as your battle buddies)

Also that dungeon is not meant to be finished by a single person. It's a 6-person dungeon.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!

Clarste posted:

Blade Dancers say "low defenses" in their description, so probably.
Welp. Guess who forgot that part of the description! I'll have to work harder o-

Schubalts posted:

Also that dungeon is not meant to be finished by a single person. It's a 6-person dungeon.
...Seriously, even the plot version where you have to bust the morons out of there?

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
Hello! Just a heads up but I sent the two clan leaders on Jiwan a friend request to obtain a clan invite. My in-game name is Celeitia and I am a horrible dirty catgirl IRL please don't judge.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Do not be ashamed of your beautiful anime princess, friend

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Skylight posted:

Welp. Guess who forgot that part of the description! I'll have to work harder o-

...Seriously, even the plot version where you have to bust the morons out of there?

I soloed it on both my summoner (Easy of course) and blademaster. (Less so but still not bad) :shrug: I don't think it's meant for 6, but probably 2.

The first actual 6 person dungeon is at the end of the Viridian Coast.

e: Not just the plot version, either. You can still get the 2 guys to help in the daily repeatable version.

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 30, 2016

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Skylight posted:

No, the plot side should be soloable. Are your accessories up to date? Alternatively, get someone to run you through that.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
Should I be taking keys or valor stones for these Moonwater dailies?

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.
Is there a certain point where you stop upgrading your original Hongmoon weapon and go for something separate? At the upgrade stage that requires a Moonwater Transformation stone which is outside my funds, which as I'm still leveling to cap, seems a bit daunting :smith:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Skylight posted:

Yup. You can check dungeons on the map. Dungeons that are meant for a group have a magnifying glass icon by their name, and if you mouse over it, it shows if that dungeon is meant for 6 or 4-man parties.

You can do it, like you can solo the dungeons in Jadestone village, but it's not as easy as actual solo dungeons.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 30, 2016

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!

Unguided posted:

No, the plot side should be soloable. Are your accessories up to date? Alternatively, get someone to run you through that.

I may need to go level my accessories more... :argh: (OR I could just reroll a 'sin because I have seen their light. But this means I'll have to not be a skunk lyn, which is sad.)

Edit: I say this because I only completed the plot one by the skin of my teeth.

Double edit: Getting good is also a viable strategy, one that I will have to work harder on. :doh:

Skylight fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 30, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
So apparently those dailies for the level 45 dungeons don't gently caress around. Then again, on the Monkey boss, at 44 I burned through 2 Dragonbloods (the add with no telegraph aside from the speech bubble queue can gently caress off) but lived through the fight because his telegraphs are long, frequent, and super obvious. Meanwhile, rest of the party is dying left and right.

I guess they are doable sub-45 then, provided the other 5 members of your team actually know how to dodge?

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
Actually, I guess I should ask, what's the server population spread like? I was warned the first server we're on is a horrible, login queue nightmare, so I picked Jiwan since that's where a couple of friends play anyway, but. Is the clan on Jiwan decently sized and all?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

central posted:

Any of you pro forcemasters have some tips on how I should be allocating skill points as I level up? I'm just winging it.

Curious about this as well. I'm sort of liking the ice rain stuff on Dragonchar, but it stops working quickly when more than one target is up/I'm out of chi :(

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

Skylight posted:

If you have your weapon 'up to date' with the area, you should be able to solo most of the dungeons all the way up to Scorching Sands in Cinderlands (not counting 2*/3* dungeons). After that it depends on how well you use your class and how it's specced. You'll probably start to feel the pressure starting from Darkglimpse though.

Scorching Sands 1* dungeons start getting boss fights with adds they can call in during the fight, so that's when you might start have to start getting groups for this purpose (the Cross-Server Dungeon is amazing for this regard).

AegisP posted:

So apparently those dailies for the level 45 dungeons don't gently caress around. Then again, on the Monkey boss, at 44 I burned through 2 Dragonbloods (the add with no telegraph aside from the speech bubble queue can gently caress off) but lived through the fight because his telegraphs are long, frequent, and super obvious. Meanwhile, rest of the party is dying left and right.

I guess they are doable sub-45 then, provided the other 5 members of your team actually know how to dodge?

The 45 dungeons really depend on what your party composition is. Having a Destroyer or KFM and people who actually do group CC makes some boss fights trivial. With the right party composition, some bosses won't even be able to put out more than just a few major attacks because they're being grappled or grabbed more than they could do anything.

It otherwise comes down to whether you have a tank or not, and how well that tank can hold onto aggro (as a BM, it's usually impossible if there's a Summoner in the field because the cat grabs aggro like crazy). It also depends on whether that person tanking knows how to position themselves compared to everyone else, assuming 'everyone else' isn't dumb and is attacking the boss from the other side of the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

central posted:

Ciaphas posted:

Curious about this as well. I'm sort of liking the ice rain stuff on Dragonchar, but it stops working quickly when more than one target is up/I'm out of chi :(

Evil_Greven posted:

It's been a little bit since I played the character, but these are the skills at 38:
Ice Rain (Dragonchar: Tier 3 Stage 4) - this is the kill poo poo before combat skill, you don't need Tier 3 until Cold Snap.
Dragonwhorl (Tier 4 Stage 1) - Healing, Focus, CC, Defense, what more could you want?
Frost Fury (Tier 3 Stage 3) - Healing, Focus, you get to use when you crit - you should do so.
Cold Snap (Ice Coil: Tier 3 Stage 3) - note Ice Rain's interaction with this skill

Flow of combat is pretty much walk up to some poor gently caress, spam Ice Rain, drop Cold Snap if it's beefier. Dragonwhorl when it's up, same with Frost Fury.
It sort of depends on where you are, but I'll just quote the main bits of this. Ice Wizard gives no fucks after these as to what you put stuff in.

Crit on soul shields is what you want, because when you crit you can use Frost Fury. You want to use Frost Fury anytime it's up. Frost Fury fuels your health and focus, plus it does a good bit of damage. Dragonwhorl doesn't need a crit, but it's also on a timer and gives you AE damage. Cold Snap is the other AE / big rear end in a top hat killer combined with Ice Rain.

I don't really recall running into Focus issues with this build, save for the Blackram Narrows end boss.

• Locked thread