Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Even when I win, I lose. That's my 3rd battle worn skin out of 4 safes :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
What's up, battle-worn buddy?

I don't think these are going to sell at $19, but I can hope

e: it would help if the other guy trying to sell understood how to properly undercut

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 28, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Well poo poo I actually use these. Not as much as the akimbo Interceptors but hm....

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
As usual, I got a lovely-quality common for a weapon I barely ever use. The W2000 skin isn't as bad as others I could name, but it certainly doesn't hold a candle to any of the ones posted so far, especially with most of the detail scratched off.

They really should've jettisoned the entire quality thing.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 28, 2016

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

UnknownMercenary posted:

Well poo poo I actually use these. Not as much as the akimbo Interceptors but hm....

"Mint-Condition" while still being scratched up. Logic.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Sykic posted:

People pay more money to get artistically beat up/torn jeans. And speaking of that, why isn't Vlad or Butcher asking us for a poo poo load of them to pawn off to some East European market? I want to rob some clothing designers.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Are there any skins for the mac 10

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

swims posted:

Are there any skins for the mac 10

Just one.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Sykic posted:

Yeah it's pretty inconsistent. You'll get mints with lots of scratches still, or lightly marked with nothing so it's as good as mint but for a fraction of the price.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Info from my filediver friends and elsewhere:
  • Updates have been predominantly loading file line references to Counterfeit since crimefest. It's probably going to be the next classic heist released.
  • You might remember the "Xeno rifle" that dataminers found during the crimefest runup. Apparently it shares file root naming with the Locke heists, and might have been the "prototype" we stole on Under the Mountain. It's not clear if we'll be getting it later, or if it's permanently cut for some reason. This is particularly speculative, because the file material for heist assets added during the period leading up to crimefest are particularly scrambled and overlapping-some Big Oil-style heist rearranging clearly went on. One of the main hackers thinks it's part of a movie memorabilia themed Hollywood heist we'll be getting soon.
  • Back in December Viklund hosted a stream where he worked on a new game track called "Draganborn". More Dragan/Butcher content? Who knows?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
You should have acted. They're been here since launch. The fat pipe told of its return. The wave's defeat was merely a delay. Till the time after the Microtransaction safes opened, When the Sons of Crime would bite the hand that feeds. But no one wanted to believe. Believe this game could get any more fun.

And when the Truth finally dawns...it dawns in GOATS.

But, there is one the canon worshipers fear. In their tongue, he is BONEarKin...Draganborn!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I hope that if they put Counterfeit back in, that it'll be paid DLC just to gently caress with the subreddit

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I remember seeing a vine or instagram of Dragan's voice actor happily shouting that he was The Dragaborn in a recording studio, but I figured that was just them adding some funny new lines.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Geight posted:

I remember seeing a vine or instagram of Dragan's voice actor happily shouting that he was The Dragaborn in a recording studio, but I figured that was just them adding some funny new lines.

The line shows up in Birth of Sky when you jump from the plane.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Today I discovered that you can put a bayonet on all of the guns :getin:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
As long as I'm at it, it's been long enough that I'll restate what's been leaked about the heist remakes to come.

In the Counterfeit remake, we will be printing money in that basement.
In Panic Room, there appears to have been a meth lab added.
Small amounts of string/objective leaks have occurred for every pdth heist except for No Mercy, which means we probably won't be getting that one.

I'll post the DV GO Bank remake tonight.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 28, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
What the gently caress.

I just got a "low drive space" alert on my games SSD; I see steam is downloading something, so I check and lo and behold, there's a 843 mb update for Payday 2 downloading...

wait, 843 MB? I had like 20 gigs available and...

Apparently in order to apply a 843 mb patch, it downloaded the whole loving game again. I had to uninstall some games to make space for it to finish since it was actually stuck because it didn't have enough drive space.

I don't know whether I should be angry at Overkill or at Steam for this one. :argh:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Overkill, since it's an engine issue, but on the other hand, my understanding is only having 20 Gigs free on an SSD is courting disaster in the first place.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Discendo Vox posted:

Overkill, since it's an engine issue, but on the other hand, my understanding is only having 20 Gigs free on an SSD is courting disaster in the first place.

i like imagining your avatar saying your posts.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Discendo Vox posted:

It's ~45, since I have two partitions, OS and games, and I have 25gb free space on my OS partition and ~20 on my games. Since it's a 240 gb drive that brings me to the recommended 20% free space. :D

Until Overkill came along, that is. :v:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Deviant posted:

i like imagining your avatar saying your posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hou0lU8WMgo Me irl

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

https://soundcloud.com/bromxdurza/futurama-hermes-byrokrat-hermes-song you irl. completley unintelligible

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Edmond Dantes posted:

What the gently caress.

Apparently in order to apply a 843 mb patch, it downloaded the whole loving game again. I had to uninstall some games to make space for it to finish since it was actually stuck because it didn't have enough drive space.

I don't know whether I should be angry at Overkill or at Steam for this one. :argh:

Be mad at Overkill. You aren't downloading the whole game again but it is unpacking those .bundle files and then repacking them with the updated files. It's why this game takes forever to patch and why your patch stopped at say 2xxMB / 843.4MB. I have the game on an SSD myself and it still took 27 minutes to patch.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Looks like the Goat Safe skins already crashed in price. So much for that seven bucks!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I mean at this point it IS actually faster to delete and re-download the whole game every time there is an update and I do it when I'm at my PC because it skips the "writing to disk" part of the update, which is excruciatingly long.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

:toot:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Man, Nerf has some impressive designs nowadays.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
The transparent texture on the G36 and one of the AR15 options shows up as a solid black missing texture for me, even after reinstalling the game.
Could this be related to the goonmod overrides?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Most likely, yes. I got invisible textures due to an overrides error once.

Kobuddy
May 11, 2013

So, uh, today we learned something interesting while playing the Goat Sim heist.

If you place a sentry inside the truck, the car has a possibility of literally getting wedged on top of it and it's unable to move. The player had to leave the game so their sentry would disappear and we could actually progress through.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Psion posted:

Most likely, yes. I got invisible textures due to an overrides error once.

I can never remember where to get the most recent overrides. Could someone hook me up?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

i like it

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

2 and a half years after I made this gif

http://i.imgur.com/ltjKzQH.gifv

it finally happened again

http://i.imgur.com/rkbPHvx.gifv

Oh, Eagle Heavy reload animation :allears:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Basticle posted:

2 and a half years after I made this gif

it finally happened again

Oh, Eagle Heavy reload animation :allears:

its too bad you didn't kill a bulldozer immediately before because then it would have been like a "gently caress yea" fistpump

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

We need somebody to make a mod replicating that bug just like we did with infinite corpses.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
What happened to the monthly job?

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
They're probably too busy trying to fix the latest crash, which has hilariously already forced them to cut an integral aspect of the game. Temporarily. So they say.

Also, it seems that the Payday 2 Steam forums have entirely disappeared...

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Wastrel_ posted:

They're probably too busy trying to fix the latest crash, which has hilariously already forced them to cut an integral aspect of the game. Temporarily. So they say.

Also, it seems that the Payday 2 Steam forums have entirely disappeared...

All steam forums have, I think it's maintenance.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
And really, it's for the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Do you really even need them to see what kind of posts reddit would continuously make on there? Although I am now wondering how long their attempts to fix spotting could throw a wrench into content releases across the map.