Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

So the whole "clicking on links doesn't work" bug. Do we know which version introduced that? Maybe something could just be backed out to fix it?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Thank you for adding flags in FYAD. It seemed like an impossible request for a while but you did it.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

smackfu posted:

So the whole "clicking on links doesn't work" bug. Do we know which version introduced that? Maybe something could just be backed out to fix it?

This is so annoying. They need to somehow fix this.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I haven't noticed it as much lately, wonder if it's fixed in the beta?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

UIApplication posted:

In split view I have Awful on the left 2/3 and another app on the right 1/3 in portrait, and I'm on the forums list. If I switch to landscape Awful's window shows nothing but blank space. It looks to me like Awful is switching size classes and Awful is showing its empty detail chunk of master-detail view.

Fixed this. I think it's the same issue that causes weirdness on iPhone 6+ when rotating to landscape; if so, that's fixed too.

smackfu posted:

I thought it came about around when I added FYAD flags, during which I built a new copy of zepto.js for the first time in ages. But looking at zepto's commit history, the touch module hasn't been, er, touched in a long time. So maybe that's a coincidence. There are many layers of fuckery we do to the webview, I would not be surprised if something got wedged in there.

Tony Homo posted:

This is so annoying. They need to somehow fix this.

Playtime's over, friends. :backtowork:

Subjunctive posted:

I haven't noticed it as much lately, wonder if it's fixed in the beta?

If it is (and I agree, I haven't noticed it in the current beta), it wasn't my (intentional) doing.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I've noticed that the app seems to not keep very good track of unbookmarked threads. I unmark TVIV threads (sometimes in the app, sometimes on my computer) before a new episode comes out that I can't watch right away, then catch up with the thread and re-mark after I have time to watch it. When I go to re-mark the thread through the lower-right options menu, sometimes the app shows the un-mark button, apparently thinking that I still have it bookmarked from a while back.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Y'all need to get embedded tweets to start showing up.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

+1 on the embedded tweets if possible/not a time sink, as people are posting tons of them now.

Also o seem to always have a copy/paste handle visible in random parts of the screen for some reason in the app now. I have no idea why.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I have tweets sort of working, but sometimes it busts the tables so I need to figure that out. Not sure how much time I'll have this week, and I need to land the gifv inlining too.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Would it be possible to display that there is a poll for a thread, and maybe what the options are? Or does this already work but I somehow did not enable it?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
If you "edit" a post then change your mind and decide to reply and make a new one it still only edits the original post.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

If you "edit" a post then change your mind and decide to reply and make a new one it still only edits the original post.

Does it edit the post if you save, or just prefill the buffer with the previous contents, like it does for other edit-cancels

Testing reply-after-edit.

Well I'll be damned.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Oh. Wow. I thought this was just my fuckup when it happened. Yeah, 3rding this behavior.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I don;t know if this is documented, but every time I make an SA Mart thread, the category is flipped. As in, if I post as buying from within the app, it will be selling and vice versa.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Does anyone else have issues tapping on links? Sometimes they open right away, sometimes I have to mash it like an animal.

I've noticed that sometimes tapping on a stubborn link will scroll the content up 1pt on each tap. If I manually scroll up a bit (enough to fully show the quick bar at the top of the scrollview) it usually will push to the webview on the next tap.

Iphone 6S 9.2.1
Ipad mini 4 9.2.1
(But I think I've seen this on prior app/os versions)

Also is there a formal bug reporting spot or should we just post them here

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there a way to make it so SA emoticons show up without being clicked but still have other embedded images (imgur) need to be clicked to show?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SA emoticons should already be exempted. Can you link a post where that's not the case?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

SA emoticons should already be exempted. Can you link a post where that's not the case?

The one that specifically reminded me to post here is this

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3753899&perpage=40&pagenumber=116#post455750927

but I definitely see it all around with more than just :coffeepal:

testing a few here :airquote::anttony::chanpop::mrgw::mrwhite:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Yeah this is what I see on my own post without clicking anything

It seems some of them work and some don't.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 2, 2016

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

drunken officeparty posted:

The one that specifically reminded me to post here is this

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3753899&perpage=40&pagenumber=116#post455750927

but I definitely see it all around with more than just :coffeepal:

testing a few here :airquote::anttony::chanpop::mrgw::mrwhite:

drunken officeparty posted:

Yeah this is what I see on my own post without clicking anything

It seems some of them work and some don't.

Boy, that's not what I see at all. What do you have the click-to-play setting at, and what OS version are you on? I assume you're using the App Store version of Awful.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Boy, that's not what I see at all. What do you have the click-to-play setting at, and what OS version are you on? I assume you're using the App Store version of Awful.

I mean the Load Images setting is either on or off. I even just tried turning it on, loading that post, then turning it back off but it still wants clicks.

Iphone 6 on whatever the newest ios is. 9.2 or something. There's apps from not the app store?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

What's "always animate GIFs" set to? Probably off, does switching it on fix for you?

The betas are distributed outside the App Store, which is why I was asking.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

What's "always animate GIFs" set to? Probably off, does switching it on fix for you?

The betas are distributed outside the App Store, which is why I was asking.

That isn't an option. That I can find at least. And if it were, :airquote: is working so it can't be just which ones are animated.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I thought that option was in the latest App Store version, I guess not yet. Hmm, hmm.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Just out of curiosity how do you even work with apps that aren't in the app store? I assume you are either jailbreaking the phone and or there is some apple dev toolkit malarky I know nothing about

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Apple has a "TestFlight" tool that can send builds to registered testers, yeah.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

In dark mode, I'd like to see the title bar darker than the current teal. Something grey or dark blue/purple would work.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

In dark mode, I'd like to see the title bar darker than the current teal. Something grey or dark blue/purple would work.

That bar would look cool if it matched the bottom bar:

Also - for some reason the thread title is slightly to the right of center. Can this be corrected?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

spanky the dolphin posted:

Also - for some reason the thread title is slightly to the right of center. Can this be corrected?

Vote for Bernie.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Vote for Bernie.

:golfclap:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

spanky the dolphin posted:

That bar would look cool if it matched the bottom bar:

Ooh, I like. PLEASE IMPLEMENT IN NEXT VERSION TIA

edit: I use dark mode because I read in bed all the time and the current title bar is too bright.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I like it how it is and if you change it I will leave a 1 star angry review on the app store. You have been warned.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah some weirdo part of me disliked the dark theme bar not being blue when it was like that before. I don't have baby-sensitive eyes like Mr. Lyman thought and always use my phone in bed.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

If be happy with the gray too, I like my dark themes dark.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Subjunctive posted:

Vote for Bernie.

Well done, well done.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In the latest version video widgets dont let me fast forward

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
The app totally crashes on loading up after a few seconds. Complete crash to the homescreen. Tried uninstalling, turning my phone off, uninstalling then turning my phone off.

iPhone 6

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

pulp rag posted:

The app totally crashes on loading up after a few seconds. Complete crash to the homescreen. Tried uninstalling, turning my phone off, uninstalling then turning my phone off.

iPhone 6
Are you on iOS 8?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

anthonypants posted:

Are you on iOS 8?

iOS 9.2.1

Super strange. Worked randomly for a few minutes, then crashed again in the same way. Seems to crash on both the login and after logging in of I get enough time to let it go through.

• Locked thread