Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Lmao. Please change my avatar to Joe flacco but with same text

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Sorry for calling you a pubbie, flick. Not cool of me. I shouldn't act like a fool, but you did me wrong. I consider us even, with more animosity though. I hope we may play tomorrow.

I hope you feel better and I hope annoyance didn't make you feel worse :gay:

I mean this all earnestly. Im sure youre a cool person, and my behavior reflects poorly on me as a INTERNET POSTER. Youve had your own meltdowns before so I hope you understand that I'm actually sorry. Im just very particular about LEAGUE SANCTITY. As a person I've been very antagonistic lately and I need to apologize for that, even if its on the Internet into the void. I am now going back to E/N where i belong

Oberst fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 27, 2016

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

(Sappy) I am sorry as well. I didn't do that to piss you off and I had no idea you would react that way. I was just doing what I thought put me in best position to finally get a W over you.

Also, I kind of believe its always the right decision to go for 4th and 1s. But I am probably a crazy rear end in a top hat.

Here's a few articles talking about the math on 4th downs. My take away is: it is good strategy to go for 4th and 1s. BUT, most NFL teams don't buy in to that yet. So, I'd like to think, we are both right in a way.

http://static.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/garber_greg/1453717.html
http://eaglesrewind.com/2013/08/13/nfl-teams-should-almost-always-go-for-it-on-4th-and-1/
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/05/upshot/4th-down-when-to-go-for-it-and-why.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/04/football-statistics-show-teams_n_1254352.html

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Also, I really appreciate you hoping I feel better. (I'm gonna beat this flu, if its the last thing I do.)

Oberst
May 24, 2010

You're right, it's math versus tradition.

I post too much under my trolling personal and it's bitten me in the rear end lmao repeatedly.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Let me know when is good to play. I'm going to bed immediately after getting stomped by AF. Just whenever you're good tomorrow or whatever

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
enjoy your prize

luv u bb

Dubious fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 27, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

LOL

Hope everyone enjoyed my daily meltdown on the something awful forums

A lust for madden.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If your winning the game and don't punt from your own territory you are literally hitler.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Jeeeeeeeeeeesus

Vietcampo are you available at all friendo

Oberst
May 24, 2010

You ain't seen nothing. Thats not even a top 3 sasfl freakout. Go to archives and pull up the m25 s3? for the uncle Phil meltdown, or anytime santheb loses.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
the freakout when jabro blew out the Eagles guy in M13 was amazeballs

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sharzak posted:

Jeeeeeeeeeeesus

Vietcampo are you available at all friendo

Sorry, i've been quite busy getting home later than usual and just relaxing. I should be able to play tonight around 11 cst if you're still up at that time?

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
I love you guys.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

VietCampo posted:

Sorry, i've been quite busy getting home later than usual and just relaxing. I should be able to play tonight around 11 cst if you're still up at that time?

That'll work. Will you promise not to yell at me if I have the audacity to go for it on 4th and 2?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sharzak posted:

That'll work. Will you promise not to yell at me if I have the audacity to go for it on 4th and 2?

Doesn't matter to me, I usually find a way to lose myself.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sharzak posted:

I'll be on in 10 minutes Sharzak after i have a smoke. Send me a friend/game invite if you'd like.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I invited you,

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Flick let me know if you're alive. Otherwise I guess tomorrow (u ded)??

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

I'm alive. (Barely). I should have time tonight or tomorrow.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Yaarrr. I'm free on and off for the rest of today at random times, so just let me know what's good for you.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
advance after you two recreate the 4th and 1 Bowl

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Oberst posted:

Yaarrr. I'm free on and off for the rest of today at random times, so just let me know what's good for you.

I should be around 8:30-9 central. Work for you?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Word

Oberst
May 24, 2010

GG. Pick plays just as hard to deal with as in real life 😱

And all my decision making lmao. poo poo was hilarious *leaves defense out to dry*

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

GG man. See you in the playoffs.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Twitch.tv/mcshurto

if you want to see me lose to FG too

Oberst
May 24, 2010

flickmaker posted:

GG man. See you in the playoffs.

Hopefully not. Let's both not get byes :)

I got the afc tiebreaker still :smuggo:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I'm going one and done lmao

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Madden hate me :qq:

GG FG

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Ouch pickles!Gg man

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Advance is Sun? See Dubious

:siren: WEEK 9, 2016 :siren:

:911: AMERICA'S USER GAMES OF THE WEEK :911:

FG @ Oberst
Vermars @ notescobar

Oberst
May 24, 2010

human being Guy posted:

Ouch pickles!Gg man

I could tell it wasn't going to be my game when my d dropped both those back to back ints early.

I have zero luck right now + bad decision making and drops oh god

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
lmao are you starting Pickles now

Oberst
May 24, 2010

No I have 0 injuries. I threw 6 picks because I'm poo poo. 2-3 of which were because of wr batting the ball into the air. I have zero injuries. The fact I only lost 27-10 and was still in the game in the 4th is heartening. I'm just not seeing the field well

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I threw 9 to jabro once :v:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I don't even know how that's possible. How are there even enough possessions in the game to do that?? He must have been hurling them right back

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
he was, lol

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Oberst posted:

:siren: WEEK 9, 2016 :siren:

:911: AMERICA'S USER GAMES OF THE WEEK :911:

Vermars @ notescobar

I'm free all day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

AfterFather posted:

I'm free all day!
hey I'm about to hop on we can play whenever you see this.

• Locked thread