Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I wanna say the joke was that he was memorized by it when he thought it was "real art" aka worth a lot of money and picked out by valued art critics, but suddenly didn't even want it when he found out she was faking it. If it was really about the content of the painting then he probably would have still wanted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Someone posted this on the sunny reddit:

Was there ever a character on television brought as low as Cricks?

Poor cricket. He went from being filled with the holy spirit to his holes being filled by jizz.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I wanna say the joke was that he was memorized by it when he thought it was "real art" aka worth a lot of money and picked out by valued art critics, but suddenly didn't even want it when he found out she was faking it. If it was really about the content of the painting then he probably would have still wanted it.

Ybh that wasn't very Frank. My frank woulda kept everything.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

GulagDolls posted:

i didn't understand the joke about frank staring at the painting and freaking out

I kind of thought the whole episode just illustrated everything in Dennis' monologue at the end.
That painting made frank feel. It's worth nothing, could be worth everything.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Frank has a collaborator past, im p sure that's been mentioned before

like Ford & Kennedy & all those guys

Immortal Wombat
Jan 19, 2005

Everliving Marsupial
Howerton's delivery of the movie pitch cracked me up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I enjoy that they don't give normal people a chance to figure out what's going on. They just interact with people as if the person already knows what's going on and understand the group dynamic. Dennis says "Sure I could go to Frank and he would finance it, but he's gross" as if the lady knows who Frank is.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Cojawfee posted:

I enjoy that they don't give normal people a chance to figure out what's going on. They just interact with people as if the person already knows what's going on and understand the group dynamic. Dennis says "Sure I could go to Frank and he would finance it, but he's gross" as if the lady knows who Frank is.

That kind of reminded me of Frank's boat tour in thundergun express, which is probably in my top 5 of best scenes from this show.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Frank thought the dog painting was evil and that its smug aura mocked him.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Murphy Brownback posted:

That kind of reminded me of Frank's boat tour in thundergun express, which is probably in my top 5 of best scenes from this show.

Or Frank's interactions with the "new" group in "The Gang Misses The Boat" - "Well, Charlie always says you should throw a ferret in the basement, so.."

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Yeah I like those jokes. They are good running jokes that are strictly not callback fanservice but still rely on having watched a lot of Sunny.

Like how they always start a scene in someones office talking to each other as if alone and then the camera pulls out and the doctor/banker/manager/whatever has actually been sitting at the desk to whole time. They mention this in one of the commentaries I think.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
Was Pop Pop related to Frank or the twins' mom?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Lord Krangdar posted:

Was Pop Pop related to Frank or the twins' mom?

Mom.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

Ok thanks. Now I want to know more about Frank's parents.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Frank was birthed from a couch he has no parents.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Cricket got out of that pretty unscathed, a rarity.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

NonzeroCircle posted:

Cricket got out of that pretty unscathed, a rarity.

We found out that he's now having consensual sex with dogs.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

boom boom boom posted:

We found out that he's now having consensual sex with dogs.

Are we sure it was consensual? I mean, dog orgy aside, I don't think animals can consent.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
On behalf of everyone on this forum who writes posts that are too long about things normal people don't care about in TV shows, I'm begging us to not go down this road.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Kwyndig posted:

Are we sure it was consensual? I mean, dog orgy aside, I don't think animals can consent.

From Cricket's perspective. He used to talk about being raped by dogs.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

boom boom boom posted:

From Cricket's perspective. He used to talk about being raped by dogs.

He's just suffering from Munch-hound-sen syndrome. :gurf:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I really thought this was a much better use of Frank then we've had in a loooooong time. Dee ripping off the sunset shot for her own film was a great gag. Has, uh, mac done anything super funny this season? I can't think of a good Mac scene so far.

Honestly Charlie could have gone further with his costume and shtick but everything feels mild if its not green man.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I really thought this was a much better use of Frank then we've had in a loooooong time. Dee ripping off the sunset shot for her own film was a great gag. Has, uh, mac done anything super funny this season? I can't think of a good Mac scene so far.

I really liked his reactions to Charlie thinking it was 2006.

"Ya know, stranger things have happened."

"No they haven't! No they haven't!"

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

this was already posted but heres a youtube version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECmmlNIu40

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Watching the bloopers from rear end kickers united reminded me that the last time I watched that episode I noticed that Rex also runs into the fire at the end, so I guess he's also a goner? RIP Rex, he was a quality lay.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

this was already posted but heres a youtube version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECmmlNIu40

I'm glad other people agree with me that Danny saying "poo poo sandwich" is inherently hilarious.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Watching the bloopers from rear end kickers united reminded me that the last time I watched that episode I noticed that Rex also runs into the fire at the end, so I guess he's also a goner? RIP Rex, he was a quality lay.

No he didn't. No one ran into the room to save that guy. Rex and the bearded guy just left the apartment.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Digital Jedi posted:

No he didn't. No one ran into the room to save that guy. Rex and the bearded guy just left the apartment.

Yeah, you're right that's quite a brainfart on my part.

Well, at least Rex is ok!

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 1, 2016

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah, you're right that's quite a brainfart on my part.

Well, at least Rex is ok!

He's more than ok, he's a quality lay, brother. He's got a bird that won't quit.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Dead Precedents posted:

He's more than ok, he's a quality lay, brother. He's got a bird that won't quit.

You gotta ease up with talking about dicks man, it's too much by this point.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Lord Krangdar posted:

Ok thanks. Now I want to know more about Frank's parents.

They sent him to a nitwit school.

I think that might be all we know?

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

The MSJ posted:

I'm glad other people agree with me that Danny saying "poo poo sandwich" is inherently hilarious.

I'm sure the crew felt the same way about "find froggy" and "I'm gonna find him" in the psycho pete episode. It seems like they liked those phrases so much that they wrote him to just say that over and over, and it's great.

Him name hopkin green frog

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

many johnnys posted:

I'm sure the crew felt the same way about "find froggy" and "I'm gonna find him" in the psycho pete episode. It seems like they liked those phrases so much that they wrote him to just say that over and over, and it's great.

Do you have some sort of Donkey Brain database?

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

FadingChord posted:

They sent him to a nitwit school.

I think that might be all we know?

I think one of them may have donkey brains. Unless that is like alcoholism, which skips a generation.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I really liked that "Rat King" painting of Charlie's that was right behind Dennis's head when he was doing his big "Art Speech" and I wish I could own it.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

I've been watching some old episodes lately, and I wish they hadn't killed Barbara off so early. Anne Archer had a different kind of horribleness that worked well with the show's dynamic.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Does anyone know if there exists an uncensored version of Charlie's spiders song from The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award? I love the hell out of that song and FX's bleeping completely spoils it for casual listening. I was hoping it'd be uncensored when the episode came to Netflix, but no such luck.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

ZDar Fan posted:

I've been watching some old episodes lately, and I wish they hadn't killed Barbara off so early. Anne Archer had a different kind of horribleness that worked well with the show's dynamic.

Agreed. She should have a twin or something just as an excuse to have her back.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

You gotta ease up with talking about dicks man, it's too much by this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

ZDar Fan posted:

Like Frank, her particular brand of awful really informed Dennis and Dee's characters. She was pompous and superior without earning the right to act like it, and Dennis and Dee constantly interact with other people the same way. It's great character work.

Really, thinking about it, all the characters' parents work well to tell the audience more about the gang.