Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Serious Frolicking posted:

i suspect that number one is sexy ladies

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

i suspect that number one is sexy ladies

Hey, if you got paid to draw people as if they don't have bones like they're also elastic like Reed Richards I'm sure you'd be all over it. :v:

:nws: http://imgur.com/a/bW7bV :nws: chainmail bra and loincloth.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Hey, if you got paid to draw people as if they don't have bones like they're also elastic like Reed Richards I'm sure you'd be all over it. :v:

:nws: http://imgur.com/a/bW7bV :nws: chainmail bra and loincloth.

nah, my point was just that a lot of male artists like to draw sexy ladies. nothing specific to comics, though obviously murata is included.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Another gorilla point: who is your favorite House of Evolution character? Y'know the only right answer.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Skeeter Gal.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

team overhead smash posted:

And then DC being DC, several years later they killed them both in an ape on ape related hate crime.

To elaborate Mallah and Grodd disagreed on a matter and got into a fight after Grodd made fun of Mallah for being a science experiment while he was a natural born super smart gorilla. Brain tried to break up the fight when Grodd started winning. Grodd said no and took Brain in his canister and beat Mallah to death with him, breaking the canister killing Brain as well. Grodd ate Brain later.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nah, my point was just that a lot of male artists like to draw sexy ladies. nothing specific to comics, though obviously murata is included.

Oh I got that, I'm just making a joke that it's while fun to draw sexy ladies it's also nice that you don't have to put as much work in keeping them looking realistically proportioned.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Yes? That is how it worked during for silver age dc. They would analyze the sales trends and if they thought monkeys were popular there would be a bunch of comics with monkeys on the cover. It isn't really a secret.

In fact, "Ape on the cover means more sales" was -so- reliable that DC actually had to mandate a monthly quota of Gorilla covers because otherwise it would have been all apes all the time and they didn't want to kill the golden goose.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Another gorilla point: who is your favorite House of Evolution character? Y'know the only right answer.

I liked Asura Rhino since he was one of the only people/monsters in the series to recognize Saitama's ridiculous strength.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

MonsterEnvy posted:

To elaborate Mallah and Grodd disagreed on a matter and got into a fight after Grodd made fun of Mallah for being a science experiment while he was a natural born super smart gorilla. Brain tried to break up the fight when Grodd started winning. Grodd said no and took Brain in his canister and beat Mallah to death with him, breaking the canister killing Brain as well. Grodd ate Brain later.

I always wondered why DC likes to randomly swing extra violent for no reason during Big Events. I remember Superboy Prime gettin' mad at Teen Titans and "accidentally" punching someone in the face so hard that his head tore off and went flying.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Comics are serious business! Comical overexaggerated violence is mature, right?

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Eej posted:

I always wondered why DC likes to randomly swing extra violent for no reason during Big Events. I remember Superboy Prime gettin' mad at Teen Titans and "accidentally" punching someone in the face so hard that his head tore off and went flying.

These ain't no comics for kids! These comics are for discerning adults with adult tastes, not some BAM! POW! funny book! Here, watch Green Arrow's sidekick beat some punks to death with a dead cat!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Eej posted:

DC is just kind of poo poo these days.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Eej posted:

*rips off your arms to show that I'm dead serious*

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can we go back to One Punch Man/Murata discussion in this One Punch Man thread instead of awful marvel/dc crap.

Things like OVA 2 (which is getting taken down by places it was uploaded so you might need to use your initiative to see it) or Murata drawing kick rear end Street Fighter things or cool little OPM doodles?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That Chun-Li is so good. Do a Streets manga, Murata.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Murata Cammy is best Cammy

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/692884921124192256

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Can we go back to One Punch Man/Murata discussion in this One Punch Man thread instead of awful marvel/dc crap.

Things like OVA 2 (which is getting taken down by places it was uploaded so you might need to use your initiative to see it) or Murata drawing kick rear end Street Fighter things or cool little OPM doodles?

OVA 2 is great! "The Pupil Who Is An Extremely Poor Talker" is 70% Genos being long winded, but it seems great to me since I've been starving for some new OPM media.

Try not to wince at "Don Pacino" or the rest of his C-Class criminal family.

High quality chicken thighs indeed!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

[...]Things like OVA 2 (which is getting taken down by places it was uploaded so you might need to use your initiative to see it) [...]

Why is it being taken down so aggressively? None of the other eps were.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Can't imagine Toilet Bowl Cleaning Man could put up any sort of a fight against Genos.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
That was a fun-rear end ova, but wow, gently caress timed sales like that, is that seriously how it works? not even a full day just some hours and if you're here the minute the hour ends you're poo poo out of luck?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That was a fun-rear end ova, but wow, gently caress timed sales like that, is that seriously how it works? not even a full day just some hours and if you're here the minute the hour ends you're poo poo out of luck?

You DO know K-Mart has done essentially the same thing with its Blue Light Special since the 1980's...

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Hell, Best Buy does it too. I don't know how many times I've had to tell a customer they were SOL and JWF because it took them two minutes too long to walk in the door.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Binary Badger posted:

You DO know K-Mart has done essentially the same thing with its Blue Light Special since the 1980's...

I didn't even know K-Mart was still active :v kinda assumed they'd finally shut down some months ago. Welp, learn something new every day I guess and I say Saitama should punch these practices away and punch some better deals for end-consumers.

OmegaDimension
Feb 18, 2013
Saitama punches the concept of capitalism and turns the entire world communist.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

OmegaDimension posted:

Yeah man thatd be pretty epic.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

OmegaDimension posted:

So like that One Piece parody about communism but with OPM? I'm game.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
One Punch For All.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I didn't even know K-Mart was still active :v kinda assumed they'd finally shut down some months ago. Welp, learn something new every day I guess and I say Saitama should punch these practices away and punch some better deals for end-consumers.
I'm pretty sure K-Mart is kept afloat by the elderly. They have agreement with retirement homes here in south Florida where they bus in all the old people to do their shopping. It was kind of surreal, a giant store empty except for 20 geriatrics on their scooters buying miracle whip and wonder bread.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

One Punch For All.

I'd be down for a One punch man/ My Hero Academia crossover.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Let#s combine them :science:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

e X posted:

Let#s combine them :science:

The colors are all wrong

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Terper posted:

The colors are all wrong

Not wrong, just more mute.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Doc Oc's tentacles look super loving dynamic there. Murata is so good at conveying motion.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

Not wrong, just more mute.

yeah exactly, wrong

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Terper posted:

The colors are all wrong

They're about to kiss.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

EndOfTheWorld posted:

These ain't no comics for kids! These comics are for discerning adults with adult tastes, not some BAM! POW! funny book! Here, watch Green Arrow's sidekick beat some punks to death with a dead cat!

You do know the vast majority of comics DC and Marvel pump out are for their core demographic in the mid 20's/early 30's right?

It's a shocker if they do make their comics for kids at this point

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Spidey's webs remind me of a lot McFarlane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

mabels big day posted:

They're about to kiss.

That's Doc Octopus, not Deadpool.