Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

The DS games were fine! The only problem was with train/boat being too slow and the fact that the mic wasn't really something you wanna use .

if someone defends phantom hourglass' tower in here im gonna go berserk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Please don't call Spirit Tracks fine.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ruggington posted:

if someone defends phantom hourglass' tower in here im gonna go berserk

I'll first start by saying that it was one of the first few DS games I got back in fourth grade. That aside, since you kept getting items that'd let you move through the tower faster, I didn't really mind it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The idea behind the central dungeon in Phantom Hourglass was interesting but the execution just made it tedious.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I'll first start by saying that it was one of the first few DS games I got back in fourth grade. That aside, since you kept getting items that'd let you move through the tower faster, I didn't really mind it.

That's it. I'm going berserk and nobody can stop me.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Phantom Hourglass is great because it gave us Linebeck and Linebeck is awesome.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Ruggington posted:

I'm going berserk

~Put your grasses on, nothing will be wong~

Dexie posted:

Phantom Hourglass is great because it gave us Linebeck and Linebeck is awesome.

This.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I love Adventure of Link but I can understand why someone would think it's a godawful game. That said, I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would like Spirit Tracks though.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Do not even ask posted:

I love Adventure of Link but I can understand why someone would think it's a godawful game. That said, I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would like Spirit Tracks though.

Stockholm syndrome?

Meanwhile, Woolie had a short stream with A German Spy, and his balls were super exposed.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This Fisticuffs just sold me a video game

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Do not even ask posted:

Solid gold train. Also Zelda has a fun character that grows as the story goes on.

(I won't defend a lot of the gameplay though)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I can't believe they're making this extended Resident Evil joke while the same time continually calling Chris Redfield's voice actor Troy Baker in the same joke

it's almost perfect

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game, but TP is a second for me.

really though at worst it's the RE0 of Zelda: maybe not that amazing by ZELDA standards, but still a good game

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Improbable Lobster posted:

Fi was alright when she wasn't tutorializing.

So never

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The latest (youtube) Naruto episode is just full of great moments. The dumb pronunciation, the fan meltdown, upgrade your ramen "pouch", etc...

Man I remember seeing pictures of that meltdown. It was both hilarious and sad. Hilarious because destroying all your merch and swearing off the franchise after 8 years of such an obvious development is just ridiculous. Sad because how deluded of a teen boy/girl do you have to be to lead yourself on for 8 years?

Someone explain to me the marriage situation in Boruto. Also what does Hinata even do, I never see her mentioned anywhere.

Also Matt I'm sorry you ever had to test trash for so long.

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 30, 2016

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Man Pat really wants to go all in on lawful evil huh? Woolie pushing the wrong pronunciation of caste as kay-st humbles him... I think.

Seriously Pat seems big into Faustian deals hope he doesn't get his hands on a behelit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

HGH posted:

The latest (youtube) Naruto episode is just full of great moments. The dumb pronunciation, the fan meltdown, upgrade your ramen "pouch", etc...

Man I remember seeing pictures of that meltdown. It was both hilarious and sad. Hilarious because destroying all your merch and swearing off the franchise after 8 years of such an obvious development is just ridiculous. Sad because how deluded of a teen boy/girl do you have to be to lead yourself on for 8 years?

Someone explain to me the marriage situation in Boruto. Also what does Hinata even do, I never see her mentioned anywhere.

Also Matt I'm sorry you ever had to test trash for so long.

Naruto and Hinata got a movie called The Last: Naruto the Movie, in which a moon person kidnaps Hinata's sister to get the byakugan because it's totally super important actually (it really isn't) and during it Naruto realizes that Hinata loves him and that he also likes her upon getting to know her, culminating in going through a cave where they can see all their interactions they had during the anime as they hold hands to romantic music and then makeout to the moonlight (hte moon was cut in half prior to this), not long after (probably some years after the movie, but it's not clear, it happens with slides during the credits) they get married, with all their friends and family coming as they remember their family members that couldn't get to see them become this happy, and before Naruto becomes Hokage they have two children, Boruto and a girl named Himawari, they have a hilarious incident where Himawari does the Neji pokes on Naruto, leaving him unconscious and he misses his Hokage ceremony.

Sasuke and Sakura hosed at some point and Sakura got knocked up. Sasuke then hauled rear end, when he finally saw his daughter fourteen years later he didn't recognize her and attempted to stab her.

Hinata seems to just be a house wife, doing house chores and taking care of Himawari while Boruto does his ninja stuff now that he's old enough and Naruto spends most of his time in the office. Sakura is, probably, a doctor trying to pay the mortgage on a house she destroyed with her bare fists when Salad asked her if she and Sasuke actually got married since he's literally never with them.

Extra tidbits: Choji got with a black ninja of the nation of Electric USA (everyone is either black or blond or both), Ino got with Sai (the replacement Sasuke), Shikamaru and Temari got together, and Kiba, Shino and TenTen are lonely people that will die without knowing love. Rock Lee is training some kid he called Metal Lee and that's rad.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 31, 2016

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sarada highlights the hypothetical tragedy of Sasuke procreating. When in reality Sasuke is being punished having been sealed in a pillar of salt while he slowly experiences the pain of dehydration over millennia.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Non-stop Infinte Tsukiyomi should've left everyone brain dead. Oh wait Borito exists. Never mind.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm pretty sure Saskue treated Sakura like poo poo for 90% of the series and tried to kill her at least once, so him abandoning her and trying to kill his own daughter(even if it was an accident) is both hilarious and unsurprising.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Kishimoto has said that sasuke and sakura's romance didn't get a movie because he couldn't make it make sense and the pairing was the result of editorial pressure

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Sakura sounds like she has massive abuse issues, and Sasuke should get shot at the end of a Lifetime movie, but Imma assume this is all played very romantically straight.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dias posted:

Sakura sounds like she has massive abuse issues, and Sasuke should get shot at the end of a Lifetime movie, but Imma assume this is all played very romantically straight.

there is literally no romance

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
like for a romance they'd have to have appeared on panel with each other after the end of the series

even the novel about sakura's feelings for sasuke does not actually feature sasuke

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I don't know how Kishimoto actually feels about Sasuke but it always seemed like he never actually liked the character. The whole revenge subplot just lost all steam after a certain point. He basically wrote himself into a corner with Sasuke going so far down the villain hole there was no believable way to bring him back to the good guys. Eventually he just said gently caress it and had some exposition spewed by the zombokages be what convinced him because every other character was already balls deep in the war arc that took like 4 real world years to complete. No time to have a climactic battle with Naruto yet, gotta beat these other assholes and then we can do our thing afterward.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ironically Sasuke and Itachi are probably the most poorly handled parts of the series.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There is definitely an air of someone standing over Kishimoto's shoulder going "but yeah what if there was more Sasuke"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bayonetta and Corrin will release on Feb. 4th.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FauxGateau posted:

The Non-stop Infinte Tsukiyomi should've left everyone brain dead. Oh wait Borito exists. Never mind.

Borito Pope

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tae posted:

Bayonetta and Corrin will release on Feb. 4th.

Sikk

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

She really has something against Italians huh?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Thanks billy

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

TriffTshngo posted:

I don't know how Kishimoto actually feels about Sasuke but it always seemed like he never actually liked the character.

I don't know how he felt about him towards the end of the series, but during part one he disliked him. Editorial forced him to add a rival character into the series and thus Sasuke was born.

Wouldn't surprise me to find out they pushed for more and more of him as the series progressed.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Odallus seems like a alright game but what a grating soundtrack. I can't tell if it's just because the guys drown it out or what but the music from the latest stage is so dull and repetitive.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
In far lesser news, they added another ghost type for Pokken. A game about fighting physically.

It's the chandelier pokemon of all things.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

In far lesser news, they added another ghost type for Pokken. A game about fighting physically.

Good. The Chandelier pokemon is great.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Tae posted:

Which is awesome because Chandelure is fuckin' rad.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Chandelure is amazing and his voice is so cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Everybody digging chandler's inclusion are right to; everyone opposed are wrong however as variety is the spice of life. Also it's loving cute as hell.