Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Dexie posted:

Excaliburn. :P

Ignister Prominence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Koguma posted:

dark bribe should probably be solemn strike or scolding

also crush card is horrible right now

twin twister > MST; and main deck maxx "c". never worry about siding versus gimmick decks like exodia or FTKs because if they're built right your side doesn't matter.

raigeki is a side card right now unless you have easy access to dweller for kozmo

consider siding forbidden chalice to out first turn infinity/rafflesia boards, not sure why you're siding zaborg, caius is better vs. lightsworn or anything using it as an engine anyway

also where's erebus? that's the card to out kozmo ships, pendulums, scales, etc.
I really used all this advice quite a lot...

quote:

also crush card is horrible right now
Except this bit.

Crush Card against the mirror is hilarious. Chain it to their Stormforth. :getin:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Xoidanor posted:

Arkbrave Dragon :fap:

WTF is this card.
Yeah I'll just recycle all my dragons as well as use REDMD.
And it can recycle Amorphactor.
Dragons are absolutely obscene yo.

Oh well. I'm making a Red-eyes Amorphactor deck.

Well that was an excersize in futility

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 29, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

WTF is this card.
Yeah I'll just recycle all my dragons as well as use REDMD.
And it can recycle Amorphactor.

Dragons are absolutely obscene yo.

Dragons have always been stupid in Yugioh, but I don't think anyone wants to hear me rant about that again.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blockhouse posted:

update: guys I really really like noble knights

it doesn't take a lot to get going and when you've got loving king arthur out there with 3500 attack triple wielding magical swords and your opponent realizes they have to dump at least two spell removal cards to even have a chance of taking out this one monster

it's great

:hfive:

I love NK because they require a certain degree of skill and you can made a ton of different plays with them. While certainly is awesome to have a fully equipped Artorigus in field, is also incredibly easy to lost him these days (as people helpfully pointed out already) Even more now with Monarchs and Kaiju running rampant.

So, ideally you want to keep at least two knights at all times so in the case one of them goes down, the other retrieve his arms and thus, it gives you some breathing space to plan your next play. While Solemn Notice is always useful, I've found that Solemn Scolding puts a lot of work in this deck. Being able to negate effects is invaluable.

If you haven't tried, you should add Brilliant Fusion, a Gem-Knight and Seraphinite to the deck, getting a second NS is fantastic but the biggest use is being able to send Gwenwhyfar to the graveyard (or Lady of The Lake/Vanilla Art) if you run Black Laundsallyn. I've had a lot of success with it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

Dragons have always been stupid in Yugioh, but I don't think anyone wants to hear me rant about that again.

Nah, go ahead and rant about the wealth of support, ease of search, great generics, multitude of archetypes, great level range, great tuner availability, superior ATK/DEF per level, great attribute spread etc.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dexie posted:

dragons sucked back when i played

they were all like 8 stars and just got killed by mirror force, raigeki, dark hole, basically every card anyone played if you somehow managed to have two tributes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
then again, dragons sucking is i guess still stupid, just from a different direction

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The Flute of Summoning Dragon with Lord of D was my favorite combo back in the very beginning.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Mirror Force doesn't target *smug*

now let me play all 3 of my witch of the black forests and sangans and then play dark hole and oh hey look at that i have exodia (i'm pretty sure this was a terrible deck but oh well it demolished Yugioh: The Eternal Duelist Soul so whatever)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mandatory lesbian posted:

Mirror Force doesn't target *smug*

now let me play all 3 of my witch of the black forests and sangans and then play dark hole and oh hey look at that i have exodia (i'm pretty sure this was a terrible deck but oh well it demolished Yugioh: The Eternal Duelist Soul so whatever)

Good thing Sangan and Witch of the Black forest are Banned :suicide:

Besides, there are all other kinds of Exodia, including the Brilliant Fusion/Gale Dogra build that has gotten popular recently.

On the other hand, you can have 12 (soon to be 15) Mirror Forces :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Julias posted:

Besides, there are all other kinds of Exodia, including the Brilliant Fusion/Gale Dogra build that has gotten popular recently.

*flips table*

I swear if these idiot FTK/OTK decks get Brilliant Fusion banned/hit I am going to be SO incredibly pissed off. :argh:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
bamboo sword exodia is probably my favorite exodia just because of how silly the sword cards are

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Exodia is cancer and I wish they would ban one of the pieces. I don't care which piece, just get rid of one of them so the deck is unplayable.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Dexie posted:

Exodia is cancer and I wish they would ban one of the pieces. I don't care which piece, just get rid of one of them so the deck is unplayable.

Ban the head, if a piece is on the left side -1 allowed, if it's a leg -1 allowed. Just make it really confusing for people.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

This is my personal Exodia build. It probably sucks but by god it takes long turns.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dabir posted:

This is my personal Exodia build. It probably sucks but by god it takes long turns.

That's not Little D between the legs :colbert:

:nws::nws:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Modern Exodia decks using Summoned Lord, or Exodia-Quasar are actually cool and good. If your alt-win-condition doesn't interact with the opponent, then you're playing this game wrong.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hjalmar posted:

Modern Exodia decks using Summoned Lord, or Exodia-Quasar are actually cool and good. If your alt-win-condition doesn't interact with the opponent, then you're playing this game wrong.

See, I don't mind those versions of Exodia.

But when I have to sit there for 15 minutes watching my opponent draw every card in their deck in one turn... :suicide:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Kind of want to make a deck with every signer dragon in it, because why not

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Kind of want to make a deck with every signer dragon in it, because why not
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimaya_Tzolkin

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

they actually made that thing?!!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

they actually made that thing?!!

This'll probably blow your mind: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimitl_Bishbalkin_the_Ultimate_Legendary_God

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'd be down with that card if he didn't counter himself. Piercing support is as always god awful in YGO.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I feel like the manga are the biggest source of giant confusing monster cards

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

So Yu-gi-goons, I have started playing this silly and broken game after seeing monarchs are in a structure deck and got a lot of new support, since back in the day all I did was jam the frog and macro monarchs and hell of a good time. Now, I purchased 3 of the decks and got a couple of singles (Caius and Thestalos Mega-Monarch dudes, Kuraz, ROTA) but not sure what other singles I need to pad the deck out with. Have you goons got any words of wisdom?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Samael posted:

So Yu-gi-goons, I have started playing this silly and broken game after seeing monarchs are in a structure deck and got a lot of new support, since back in the day all I did was jam the frog and macro monarchs and hell of a good time. Now, I purchased 3 of the decks and got a couple of singles (Caius and Thestalos Mega-Monarch dudes, Kuraz, ROTA) but not sure what other singles I need to pad the deck out with. Have you goons got any words of wisdom?
Vanity's Emptiness is basically mandatory in the current meta. You should also get some Twin Twisters, as one of the best decks in the format right now is a Pendulum deck. I also like Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning in Monarchs, since a well-built Monarch deck is gonna be mostly Light and Dark.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Vanity's Emptiness is basically mandatory in the current meta. You should also get some Twin Twisters, as one of the best decks in the format right now is a Pendulum deck. I also like Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning in Monarchs, since a well-built Monarch deck is gonna be mostly Light and Dark.

Wouldn't Vanity's Fiend be arguably better in a deck with 3 copies of Edea and Eidos and a ton of ways to get tribute fusion fodder? Black Luster Soldier seems interesting, that card is actually legal now? Oh, how the power level of YGO has changed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Samael posted:

Wouldn't Vanity's Fiend be arguably better in a deck with 3 copies of Edea and Eidos and a ton of ways to get tribute fusion fodder? Black Luster Soldier seems interesting, that card is actually legal now? Oh, how the power level of YGO has changed.
You can actually do both. The Monarch deck I'm building runs 2 Vanity's Fiend, 2 Majesty's Fiend, and a Vanity's Emptiness. It's limited to 1 because it's a very good card and sometimes, you need that effect but can't or don't want to tribute something first.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Vanity's Emptiness is basically mandatory in the current meta.

not really. every deck in top cuts don't play it anymore. unless you are tellarknight or maybe something like d/d/d or volcanic; will probably consider it, at best.

Poison Mushroom posted:

You should also get some Twin Twisters, as one of the best decks in the format right now is a Pendulum deck. I also like Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning in Monarchs, since a well-built Monarch deck is gonna be mostly Light and Dark.

the rest of this is true, though. twin twisters is great and BLS hasn't been good since shaddoll but right now it has a lot of potential.

also pick up Maxx "c"s and effect veiler. if money isn't an issue for you: ghost ogre and snow rabbit.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Samael posted:

You might also want Zaborg the Mega Monarch. For the side, Royal Decree is good, and maybe cards like Trade-in.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Huh, you can search Dark Armed Dragon with Return of the Monarchs. You could totally run it in Monarchs.

Did nobody notice or something?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dabir posted:

Huh, you can search Dark Armed Dragon with Return of the Monarchs. You could totally run it in Monarchs.

Did nobody notice or something?

Because without other kinds of search and grave control you can't easily get DAD's summon req with a monarch deck.
Also DAD is quite crap now.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
IIRC DAD really relied on teleport and synchros to get out there.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It can also search out a large handful of Qliphort monsters.

(Don't run Return of the Monarchs in Qliphorts.)

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
will be going to YCS Atlanta this weekend playing Burning Abyss and trying to floodgate the hell out of Kozmo and Draco-Magepals.

Will let you know how I do. first I have to somehow acquire 2-3 solemn strikes within 3 days. :argh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Good luck dude.

Try not to get too wrecked by Monarchs either.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Speaking of Monarchs...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9y0miATZJA

Who likes Magical Explosion FTK? :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
PePe is kill on the competitive scene

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7596#more-7596

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

On the one hand joker limited hurts my OEM'S consistency HARD (deck is already pretty drat inconsistent), but on the other now PePe is dead my deck loses its main opposition :madmax:

• Locked thread