Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Drium posted:

Actually, I guess I should ask, what's the server population spread like? I was warned the first server we're on is a horrible, login queue nightmare, so I picked Jiwan since that's where a couple of friends play anyway, but. Is the clan on Jiwan decently sized and all?

The Jiwan clan is on the small side but there's always people on when I've been playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magile
May 20, 2008

Drium posted:

Actually, I guess I should ask, what's the server population spread like? I was warned the first server we're on is a horrible, login queue nightmare, so I picked Jiwan since that's where a couple of friends play anyway, but. Is the clan on Jiwan decently sized and all?

Mushin has been great ever since the end of headstart. Premium queues are a joke.

PrinnySquad posted:

Is there a certain point where you stop upgrading your original Hongmoon weapon and go for something separate? At the upgrade stage that requires a Moonwater Transformation stone which is outside my funds, which as I'm still leveling to cap, seems a bit daunting :smith:

No, you should always focus on the Hongmoon weapon. Once you hit level 45, there will be a handful of dailies that give you Soulstones. If you're on Mushin, Quiz and myself (Drunken Master) take Soulstones as trade for Moonwater Transformation Stones (since 100 Soulstones are required to craft the Transformation Stones).

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

noveria posted:

For pretty princess dress-up planning, there is this: http://tinyurl.com/bnsdressup

Features a terrifying amount of screenshots for each outfit/cosmetic.

I wonder how much of this is actually in the game (not that I can read Korean anyway). Also, someone said in this thread that the ingame wardrobe is incomplete, so I could really use a resource with pictures/location for things I'm totally going to farm (seeing as pretty princess is my endgame). :shobon:

At least they don't seem afraid of putting up new outfits on the store, but hopefully that isn't the only place to get stuff.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
How does soul shield melding work anyway? Limit of one shield attached to another? Is using crit crafted moonwater stuff fine for this purpose?

Drium
Jun 24, 2015

Penis Vanguard posted:

The Jiwan clan is on the small side but there's always people on when I've been playing.
Any chance you're on right now and can check if someone with invite privileges is on?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Orabilis posted:

How does soul shield melding work anyway? Limit of one shield attached to another? Is using crit crafted moonwater stuff fine for this purpose?

Yes, only one shield can be added to a shield. If you try to add another it will replace the previous bonus.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Destroyer is the most honest class in the game.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Drium posted:

Any chance you're on right now and can check if someone with invite privileges is on?

If you're still on, I'll toss you an invite, if not, I'll add you to my friends list and get you tomorrow if I catch you on.

Edit: I guess I won't send you a friend invite because you can't send them to people offline, womp womp.

Penis Vanguard fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jan 30, 2016

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

fadam posted:

Destroyer is the most honest class in the game.

Don't fib

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
What the gently caress is this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I9Tgnr_jG0&t=364s

he goes on to win but look at this bullshit, 100-15 combo through the tab.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015

Penis Vanguard posted:

If you're still on, I'll toss you an invite, if not, I'll add you to my friends list and get you tomorrow if I catch you on.

Edit: I guess I won't send you a friend invite because you can't send them to people offline, womp womp.
Oh, sorry. I'd posted my character name a page back and got caught up finishing a questline. Guess you're asleep! Well, if anyone is on Jiwan right now, my username is Celeitia.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I normally don't like desert settings in games because developers gently caress them up a lot

but god drat everything about scorching desert is great, if a little slow to start

it's up there with TSW's scorched desert

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jan 30, 2016

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012
The visuals in some of the maps are really great. So far my favourite has been the place in Moonwater Plains, around the Taigong's Hideaway area. I've always been a sucker for floating islands, and that area showed you just how high above the rest of the world that place really is.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

So apparently PC gamer slammed BnS in a review, saying it was a bad game with excellent PVP. poo poo hurts, man. :(

PC gamer did a star citizen cover story and they werent even allowed to see any gameplay for it. Thats how relevant they are

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Not like there was anything to show them.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
Have the queues for this cooled down at all yet

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I started yesterday on Mushing and didn't have a queue the couple times i logged in.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Just got the game and am shockingly loving it. I expected Korean style F2P bullshit but instead this is really fun. I made a Blade Dancer and am having a good time, but I'm kinda torn between Kung Fu and Assassin for my other character. On one hand I love ninja bullshit like wire traps and straight up Naruto tree branch substitution tricks and all, but on the other hand the kung fu dude does sick arm bars and mad combos and that is also a fun way to beat up bandits. Anyone have opinions on the current state of them compared to eachother?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I normally don't like desert settings in games because developers gently caress them up a lot

but god drat everything about scorching desert is great, if a little slow to start

it's up there with TSW's scorched desert

My only complaint about Cinderlands is that I wanted very much to punch Yonkai in the face.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gearhead posted:

My only complaint about Cinderlands is that I wanted very much to punch Yonkai in the face.

You never get to do that? What is even the point or our quest at that point.

Jinsoyun is pretty cool, Yonkai is the real villain #occupycinderlands

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kimsemus posted:

So apparently PC gamer slammed BnS in a review, saying it was a bad game with excellent PVP. poo poo hurts, man. :(

PC gamer has been on a decline since like 2012 afaik

whole site layout now screams clickbait

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Is this game good?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Michaellaneous posted:

Is this game good?

I tried out a kung fu dude and the combat was actually fun. Felt like a fighting game. The problem is that everything else about the game is really bad

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Linnaeus posted:

I tried out a kung fu dude and the combat was actually fun. Felt like a fighting game. The problem is that everything else about the game is really bad

Can I play dressup with anime girls?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Some of the outfits in the wardrobe thing looked pretty cool

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Linnaeus posted:

So far (level 34) the only bad thing I've picked up in this game is how hilariously fanservice-y certain races are, but that's probably a selling point for other folks. Story is fun, content is fun, combat is great, ninja running and gliding everywhere is fun.

Michaellaneous posted:

:yeah:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Michaellaneous posted:

If you roll a summoner you get twice the dressup since you can dress your cat up as well.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Honestly the story has surprised me with how much I've been enjoying it. Even the side quests are decent if you actually read them. I recommend a foreign voice pack for maximum anime, as I don't feel the English voices are bad enough to be good, and they certainly aren't good. Also all quests are voiced in the foreign versions but not for English.

As for class pick a class whose theming you like because how character slots work is kind of rear end. You get two, and classes don't really give you an idea of what they are til level 15-20. But if your character is over 15 it takes a week to delete.

I've only played Blade Master and it's been very simplistic and doesn't flow together that well. You aren't really chaining things together so much as dumping your resource on one attack and then awkwardly trying to recover to do it again. And your defensive moves don't work if you're attacking and break the flow of that. However because of this awkwardness I still think there is SOMETHING I'm missing, but at 41 I haven't found it.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

cathead posted:

If you roll a summoner you get twice the dressup since you can dress your cat up as well.

There are summoners? Siiiiiick.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Michaellaneous posted:

There are summoners? Siiiiiick.

They only summon anime cats and their attacks consist of throwing flowers and bees at the enemy.

I love it.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Eimi posted:

I don't feel the English voices are bad enough to be good, and they certainly aren't good.

I don't think the English VA is necessarily bad, at least not on the actor's part. What I've noticed is that a lot of sentences will finish and then immediately start the next one with no pause or delay. It makes things feel very unnatural and stilted. I wonder if they recorded each individual sentence and then put them in game piecemeal without including any significant delay. For me, it felt most noticeable starting with Yehara or Soha.

Also Hajoon is the best.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
I do know I'm definitely enjoying my KFM so far. Though I do feel as if I'm kinda getting to a point where I'm starting to fumble way more often due to all the options I've been picking up.

Guess I need a bit more practice.

Michaellaneous posted:

Yep. Honestly, my biggest gripe with the dressup half of the game (which I'm pretty has been stated before by others) is that they made the wardrobe a premium thing. Which basically means it's really only useful as a storage space for things you don't intend to wear, provided you happen to pick those costumes up while you have premium.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Cool. I'll try it out tomorrow.
Also my penny on the VA talk: Never play an anime game with english VA. It will give you cancer.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
So I thought "hey lets try this game out".
I'm stuck in a loop of trying to log in to install the game, the launcher telling me I have the wrong password, resetting my password, and getting locked out of login for "a few minutes".

Thanks game.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.

Magile posted:

Mushin has been great ever since the end of headstart. Premium queues are a joke.

No, you should always focus on the Hongmoon weapon. Once you hit level 45, there will be a handful of dailies that give you Soulstones. If you're on Mushin, Quiz and myself (Drunken Master) take Soulstones as trade for Moonwater Transformation Stones (since 100 Soulstones are required to craft the Transformation Stones).

Cool, thanks for the info, I am on Mushin but the goon guild seems to be pretty full whenever I get around to checking on it. Guess I'll just stick with my current weapon stage up through level cap then worry about upgrading it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Michaellaneous posted:

Cool. I'll try it out tomorrow.
Also my penny on the VA talk: Never play an anime game with english VA. It will give you cancer.

If you switch out the voices you'll have to bypass the launcher which is a bit of a hassle, and it might also grate on you that the script is completely different in English so the subtitles/quest text won't match the audio. On the other hand, it really helps the world come alive since the English version only has some voice acting while Japanese and Korean have pretty much every major and minor npc voiced. I tried going back to English and everything was so... Quiet.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So in my possible search for a class that isn't Warlock, does KFM get a Hadouken at some point? Or the ability to go ATATATATATATATA. Most of what I've seen of them is grappling and not just a flurry of attack but doesn't hurt to ask. :v:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Linnaeus posted:

:agreed:

Maybe I'm spoiled since my go-to MMO is FFXIV. I have a very low tolerance for lovely MMO design bullshit. The quests are generic, the story is generic, the inconveniences they put you through to push you to the cash shop are obvious and silly. The fights are boring DPS races with minimal mechanics besides "Don't stand in the pain circle". From an MMO standpoint it just feels very samey and boring and not challenging in the least.

I'm still playing for the Arena, but I think the game getting judged as an MMO and slammed as an MMO is fair. I look at the game as less of an MMO and more of a fighting game where I have to do 20+ hours of dumb pointless grinding to pick a character.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
The PvP dailies are starting to annoy me. I feel like I should do them every day since its easy money and stones for my next zone, but only being in my 30s makes me feel like I'm at a big disadvantage compared to anyone at 45 considering how Sin needs ALL THE SKILL POINTS.
Also not having Lightning Rod or Hook Kick probably doesn't help either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Your Computer posted:

You never get to do that? What is even the point or our quest at that point.

Jinsoyun is pretty cool, Yonkai is the real villain #occupycinderlands

His death is horrible, but it's not us who does him in. In fact, it isn't even his overreaching that does him in, it would've been really nice if he got his mitts on something and he had a 'Nazi gazing into the Ark' moment, but not.. he dies due to conning grey to the wrong person at the wrong time.

• Locked thread