Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Watford are in for Violas Mario Suarez at a steal of 4m pounds. He's worth double.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Redundant posted:

Bamford could be a really good signing, but I admit that I say that partly because a friend of mine is a huge Forest fan who still raves about him.

Full disclosure, a similar thing with a Blackburn fan meant that I kept faith in Phil Jones for too long despite what my own eyes were telling me.

He was very good for Boro last season but its a weird one, I can't see him getting much more game time here than he got at Palace, he can't lead the line like an Mbokani or a Jerome.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Gigi Galli posted:

Niang is NOT going to Leicester according to Galliani so I expect him to be leaving shortly before the deadline for 1 million more than the 16 million offered.

Everything about AC Milan makes sense once you remember that it was a club founded by Englishmen and uses the English spelling of Milan but refused to sign foreign players for decades.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Everything about AC Milan makes sense once you remember that it was a club founded by Englishmen and uses the English spelling of Milan but refused to sign foreign players for decades.

We should go back to that.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Brony Car posted:

This Teixiera business is probably just pageantry to cover up the fact that trying to salvage league position this season is a waste of money that would likely not work given who is realistically available. I think most LFC fans would be okay with a simple and clear admission of that, but certain people at Liverpool (like Ian Ayre) probably need to show that they've done all they could for a Top 4 finish to stay employed.

Sounds eminently plausible.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Soulex posted:

Watford are in for Violas Mario Suarez at a steal of 4m pounds. He's worth double.

Much like Austin I'd absolutely have him at Liverpool for that price.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
According to Big Tanc, Madrid's transfer ban has been suspended and they'll be able to sign players this summer.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

blue footed boobie posted:

According to Big Tanc, Madrid's transfer ban has been suspended and they'll be able to sign players this summer.

Atletico's as well, and it's being reported by actual news outlets.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's suspended for both Atletico and Real. FIFA might still confirm the ban before the summer window the way I understand it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Oh my god he looks horrible.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
"Chelsea confirm the long-mooted signing on Brazil forward Alexandre Pato.

One of the rising stars of world football. In 2007." Lol BBC dumping on Chelsea

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

blue footed boobie posted:

So that's DDG gone then and United even more hosed than now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Alberto Paloschi has signed for Swansea. £8m or something. Peaked a minute after making his Milan debut.

Good looking lad, should do well down here. I'm sure Borini has given him some tips for dealing with the locals.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Der Shovel posted:

So that's DDG gone then and United even more hosed than now.

Isn't Navas killing it for Madrid?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

Alberto Paloschi has signed for Swansea. £8m or something. Peaked a minute after making his Milan debut.

Good looking lad, should do well down here. I'm sure Borini has given him some tips for dealing with the locals.

He's pretty good, it's good for him to finally leave poo poo boring rear end Chievo.

Chillao
Jan 12, 2004
discerning gentleman

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Celtic's attempt to become the Manchester Youth Team continues-we've apparently signed Patrick Roberts on an 18 month loan. Not a done deal yet but being reported by BBC and Sky Sports.

I know literally nothing about him.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Chelsea signed Matt Miazga from New York Red Bulls who the secret footballer called literally retarded or something

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Looking at Chelsea this season I would say that's a fairly accurate description of the club.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

hadji murad posted:

Chelsea signed Matt Miazga from New York Red Bulls who the secret footballer called literally retarded or something

As someone who watched him play every game last season the "secret footballer" quote is ridiculously stupid. The '"quote" from his "former teamate" looks like something someone drafted in 5 seconds.

What English speaker would say "dumber than the donkey" like a someone with 1 year of English under their belt and then say "get eaten alive in the prem" the next sentence. Smells of complete BS or at best an edited quote from someone who played with him the season before last. He had an issue with getting cards early on but got that under control and he's definitely stronger than a lot of young CBs in the premiere league. Hasn't the secret footballer turned from a memoir to gossip poo poo anyways?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

who the gently caress signs an american

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

TheBigAristotle posted:

Isn't Navas killing it for Madrid?

He did amazingly well at first and is now down to merely 'pretty good'.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

As someone who watched him play every game last season the "secret footballer" quote is ridiculously stupid. The '"quote" from his "former teamate" looks like something someone drafted in 5 seconds.

What English speaker would say "dumber than the donkey" like a someone with 1 year of English under their belt and then say "get eaten alive in the prem" the next sentence. Smells of complete BS or at best an edited quote from someone who played with him the season before last. He had an issue with getting cards early on but got that under control and he's definitely stronger than a lot of young CBs in the premiere league. Hasn't the secret footballer turned from a memoir to gossip poo poo anyways?

Needs to get himself one of these

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
idk if it's been posted but Sunderland have signed Wahbi Khazri which would be a brilliant signing if Sam allardyce wasn't their manager

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
https://twitter.com/miamiunitedfc/status/693154668579528705

Lmao

L'Imperatore

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
boro are probably gona sign jordan rhodes and he's gona score loads of goals and it's gona be fully sick.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Adriano in Miami for a club that won't play it's first match until a year from now. What could go wrong?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Soulex posted:

This is now official.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Thauvin is loving off back to Marseille via private jet, the only place he can go since he played for them and Newcastle this season. I'm hoping Ashley let him use it to get rid.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I don't think Liverpool will sign anyone but I imagine there will be a clear out at the end of the season.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Bamford on loon to Norwich is a done deal

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Kokorin to Zenit is a done deal

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Why aren't they using a current picture of their undoubtedly good and entirely in-shape new star signing?

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Blue Star Error posted:

Bamford on loon to Norwich is a done deal

Prepare for disappointment

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

did they only sign one half of him?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

vivisectvnv posted:

Kokorin to Zenit is a done deal

http://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/60427.html
Also, Zhirkov will be joining now instead of summer after all, and thus the move actually makes sense now.
As for Kokorin, now we'll see whether he really is the most talented thing Russia produced in this decade or my assessment of him as an overhyped fraud is correct. Hopefully, I'm wrong

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Her Dryer posted:

Celtic's attempt to become the Manchester Youth Team continues-we've apparently signed Patrick Roberts on an 18 month loan. Not a done deal yet but being reported by BBC and Sky Sports.

I know literally nothing about him.

He's a right winger who likes to (and has the ability to) run right past defenders and score cool goals. 18 months is a bit long, but hopefully he'll get lots of playing time and be more of a Denayer than a Guidetti.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

Miami United are pleased to announce the signing of Zika, the striker taking Brazil by storm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
adraino was so sick at roma rip

• Locked thread