Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/rise_of_the_tomb_raider_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,9.html
the best way to play Rise of the Tomb Raider with an amd gpu is to disable all but one core of your cpu.
1C: 43FPS
8C: 39FPS
4C: 36FPS
2C: 33FPS

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
apparently I gamed so hard last night, my footswitch broke

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Silver Alicorn posted:

apparently I gamed so hard last night, my footswitch broke

similar thing happened to me but with your mother's sphincter

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You have carpal tunnel from being a loving nerd.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i finally started playing ff13 and it really is linear as heck

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

triple sulk posted:

it apparently opens up later on, but yeah it's pretty linear to start

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

There comes a point where it does get less linear for a while. A masssssiiivveeeee wide open area with lots of side quests and games and things, its really fun.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
it has these bad boys roaming around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iaEgsQRa30&hd=1

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
if you want the big open world part of ff13 just play xenoblade x

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

also is the elite controller actually worth it because i imagine the answer is "yes it's nice, but not for how much it costs"

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Stymie posted:

quick reminder: never reveal any personal details because people on this site will gleefully use them to doxx and harass you if you even nominally fall out of favor

quoting stymie

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

triple sulk posted:

also is the elite controller actually worth it because i imagine the answer is "yes it's nice, but not for how much it costs"

apparently one of new colurs of xbone controller has most of the improvements that the elite does

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

apparently one of new colurs of xbone controller has most of the improvements that the elite does

the lunar white one is very nice, but the gold highlights are gaudy as gently caress and will probably wear off very quickly with moderate use

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Gus Hobbleton posted:

quoting stymie

enjoy getting doxxed for quoting stymie

alr
May 14, 2009

triple sulk posted:

keep in mind the paddle things on the back aren't like a logitech keyboard macro key or whatever, you can only remap them to buttons already on the controller. like making left stick click easier to hit

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

maniacdevnull posted:

The best way to do anything with amd is disable the amd hardware and buy nvidia

i've gotten to the point where i literally write in my syllabus "do not buy a laptop with an AMD graphics card"

solidworks is supposedly only "qualified" to run on nvidia quadro and amd fire workstation cards. in reality, it works great on any nvidia gaming card. it also works on intel integrated cards all the way back to the HD 3000, not super fast, but all the functionality is there and it's stable.

AMD consumer grade cards? solidworks will crash every 5-15 minutes like clockwork if the clockwork was also built by AMD

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

bump_fn posted:

enjoy getting doxxed for quoting stymie

Gustavo Bartholomew Hobbytown III
No. 1 Hail Satan Cres.
Weed Mountain CA

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

triple sulk posted:

moms are tough

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:agreed:
https://twitter.com/sssmcgrath/status/693514125196984321

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

that's one of the easier puzzles because all the rules are on the grid and you don't have to mentally overlay the shadow of some branches you saw on the other side of the island

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You have carpal tunnel from being a loving nerd.

i have never had this and I'm at a computer like 12 hours a day so maybe this is my super power

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

triple sulk posted:

no

Improbable Lobster posted:

Valeyard posted:

the lunar white one is very nice, but the gold highlights are gaudy as gently caress and will probably wear off very quickly with moderate use

the lunar white xbone controller has the improved d-pad, the 3.5mm jack, and non-slip grip. it's the same price as a regular xbone controller. the gold accents are really unnoticeable, they're not shiny or anything. i can't recommend it enough, and the removable buttons and poo poo aren't worth an extra $120 or whatever

I used my 360 controller yesterday and i forgot how much the xbone one is improved.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

no

the lunar white xbone controller has the improved d-pad, the 3.5mm jack, and non-slip grip. it's the same price as a regular xbone controller. the gold accents are really unnoticeable, they're not shiny or anything. i can't recommend it enough, and the removable buttons and poo poo aren't worth an extra $120 or whatever

I used my 360 controller yesterday and i forgot how much the xbone one is improved.

it looks like you can get it in the us now too, tho it's 65 bucks

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Al! posted:

please don't mention american currency somewhere blacula might see it, it'll just set him off again

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

this is freaking retarded

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

*pushes way into thread, huffing and puffing*

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT FOREIGN EXCHANGE

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Al! posted:

that's a drag. It's the same price as the base model here, I got mine for $50 on boxing day.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

that's a drag. It's the same price as the base model here, I got mine for $50 on boxing day.

maybe you should become a lunar white baron and let those usds roll in

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Blackula69 posted:

*pushes way into thread, huffing and puffing*

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT FOREIGN EXCHANGE

1USD gets me 121JPY today. :toot:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Al! posted:

that's one of the easier puzzles because all the rules are on the grid and you don't have to mentally overlay the shadow of some branches you saw on the other side of the island

yeah I haven't seen that one specifically but it looks pretty straightforward

I finally found one I'm going to have to resort to pencil and paper for a panel of stars that you can only expose to red, green, or blue light

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i'm rounding the corner on "completing" the witness but theres this whole layer of basically perspective puzzles that are really cool and i dont feel like ive even scratched the surface of. basically everything in the world is hiding a maze it seems

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gj the witness, you did art direction

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

So did other myst clones.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
if I'm putting a bigger drive in my ps4 is it worth shelling out for a sdd? noticeably faster than 7200?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

c witness status: found a dog :3:

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

bump_fn posted:

if I'm putting a bigger drive in my ps4 is it worth shelling out for a sdd? noticeably faster than 7200?
nope

it's still going to interface via sata 2

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

darkest dungeon is so fuckin good you guys

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

scamtank posted:

darkest dungeon is so fuckin good you guys

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pinterest Mom posted:

please don't mention american currency somewhere blacula might see it, it'll just set him off again

:canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

holy poo poo gently caress the upper cathedral ward

• Locked thread