Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Star Citizen: Why Are You Doing This?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How long have they had the tutorial, and why is it still bugged?

:shrug:

If you think the game is bad, you should see how hosed the tutorial is.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Colostomy Bag posted:

If you think the game is bad, you should see how hosed the tutorial is.

:pgabz:'s next video should focus on the flight tutorial

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

TTerrible posted:

A few more:

The crowning glory of that article is this:
This is all glorious and it's a safe these kind of things aren't in the OP.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

*wakes up, cracks knuckles, brews coffee*

*Enters the 'Verse*

*Crashes ship, crashes game*

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

EightAce posted:

Course they do, did no one see the flowers that F42 's old CS team bought for her, at citcon, just before they we're fired...... Ooops, I mean that the backers bought her the backers

Thanks for all the information shared by you. Please take caution as to what you release so that they cannot trace you back. :) I was just wondering we had this old imgur link where someone gathered some concept art from Jon Dickenson as to how some of the Vanduul ships should look like.
Is that stuff still re presentable or have they moved away from it? https://imgur.com/a/bLXes

Also do you happen to know why artists like Andrew Ley and Edon Guraziu left the project? And what were the reasons that the whole character art team decided to leave? Do you also have any information as to how David Jennison's letter was received among staff at Foundry 42?
Do you have any insights into Foundry 42 in Germany? When Erasmus Brosdau and Riham Toulan left the team there, they were hinting at issues with people in charge being to submissive to impossible direction in social media, do you know anything about that? Also what happened to that Art Director Lance Powell, that was featured quite prominently in ATV etc, that suddenly vanished?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

you have to buy a special space casket to launch out of the bay, $150

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

you have to buy a special space casket to launch out of the bay, $150

The secret ingredient is dead old space whale.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen: soylent green is people fired workers.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

fuctifino posted:

If he can actually run it. I step in, the flight instructor starts :gary: at me. At that point I get around 1/10 FPS. Another day in the verse.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Star Citizen is actually a spiritual sequel to Dishonored

...get it?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

EightAce posted:

Have to mention the stimperor.
He is indicative of about 20% of the backers. Quite frankly they are terrifying. There are a disproportionate amount of German and eastern European guys who would happily kill to protect SC, they even worry Chris. How many photo's have you seen of a clearly uncomfortable Crobber at various events with his arm around some guy dressed as an Isis fighter.
The dev staff are genuinely scared of these physcos.
Now imagine being in the verse with these fanatics......

-

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43b45g/discolando_twitter_we_had_a_tour_coming_through/czh5vln

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

fuctifino posted:

A good idea, I need a change of pace

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF posted:

This is all glorious and it's a safe these kind of things aren't in the OP.
You should check your PMs :)

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

quote:

and she is the wife of Chris Roberts

This was the best part... it was like it was just tacked on to preemptively answer 'and who the gently caress is she?'.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

sorla78 posted:

Thanks for all the information shared by you. Please take caution as to what you release so that they cannot trace you back. :) I was just wondering we had this old imgur link where someone gathered some concept art from Jon Dickenson as to how some of the Vanduul ships should look like.
Is that stuff still re presentable or have they moved away from it? https://imgur.com/a/bLXes

Also do you happen to know why artists like Andrew Ley and Edon Guraziu left the project? And what were the reasons that the whole character art team decided to leave? Do you also have any information as to how David Jennison's letter was received among staff at Foundry 42?
Do you have any insights into Foundry 42 in Germany? When Erasmus Brosdau and Riham Toulan left the team there, they were hinting at issues with people in charge being to submissive to impossible direction in social media, do you know anything about that? Also what happened to that Art Director Lance Powell, that was featured quite prominently in ATV etc, that suddenly vanished?

Yes. I can answer all those questions but you will have to wait for the book. I am currently working on a JPEG of the book and whatever you'd like to know about and I mean anything , will be implemented via stretch goals.

The book may not contain the promised information but I will probably change the TOS a few times....

In fact the book probably won't ever see the light of day but I will use your donation to pay for a very very very fat nerd and a skeleton in drag, to tell you what might be in the book by way of a weekly show....

You know what, gently caress it I'm just going to make a movie about it

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

I think sometimes my humour gets lost.
The CS team did buy those flowers using petty cash from F42
After citcon some of them 'left'. The firing assumption is unproven

What was that weird speech at Citizen Con about anyway?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

EightAce posted:

Yes. I can answer all those questions but you will have to wait for the book. I am currently working on a JPEG of the book and whatever you'd like to know about and I mean anything , will be implemented via stretch goals.

The book may not contain the promised information but I will probably change the TOS a few times....

In fact the book probably won't ever see the light of day but I will use your donation to pay for a very very very fat nerd and a skeleton in drag, to tell you what might be in the book by way of a weekly show....

Will there be birds in your movie?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

AP posted:

It was obviously her un-resignation speech.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

EightAce posted:

Will you have over 100 chapters and will they be procedurally generated chapters?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Will there be birds in your movie?

Yes, yes there will....

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

it's the only book i'll read for the next ten years

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Daztek posted:

Will you have over 100 chapters and will they be procedurally generated chapters?

drat straight.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EightAce posted:

Will you hire Peter Weller, Ben Kingsley and Lynda Carter?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Peter could play an android (This is a high-level witting technique called a "reference")

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
If you actually do write a tell-all book about this then you are morally obligated to slip a picture of a bird somewhere in there.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

trucutru posted:

Will you hire Peter Weller, Ben Kingsley and Lynda Carter?

Well my missus has done a bit of amateur dramatics and she did do a bit of glamour modelling years ago. and she has been mithering me a lot recently, I may get her involved so she's out of my hair.
Cant see anything going wrong with that.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Will the book have mocapped pop-up pages?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ryde posted:

If you actually do write a tell-all book about this then you are morally obligated to slip a picture of a bird somewhere in there.

I'm not convinced EightAce works there or knows someone there, he might do but there's no way to tell for sure.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

ryde posted:

That bit will really happen but it's about timing. Cant do anything until the curtain comes down

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

EightAce posted:

Will Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson and a real non-actual actress feature in this movie?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

AP posted:

I'm not convinced EightAce works there or knows someone there, he might do but there's no way to tell for sure.

You'll see. Two weeks

How can I prove myself without getting either myself or other developers in the poo poo

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

ZenMaster posted:

Hard job keeping all those balls in the air.

I'm still really far behind, but just.... :vince:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Someone explain the birds joke to me please. This thread moves too quickly.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

EightAce posted:

You'll see. Two weeks

How can I prove myself without getting either myself or other developers in the poo poo

Just You need a Platinum account to view this message. and that should do it.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Daztek posted:

Just You need a Platinum account to view this message. and that should do it.

Hahaha.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'll be in your film

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Someone explain the birds joke to me please. This thread moves too quickly.

When Chris was showing off procedural planets someone asked him if there would be birds. Chris said yes of course there would be birds. So it's become a funny emblem for ridiculous scope creep and Chris' desire to tell backers whatever they want to hear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

If Sandi really was in the middle of a resignation speech...
...and it was interrupted by a surprise gift of flowers...
...paid for out of F42 Customer Support petty cash...
...motivated by their own good will and compassion...
...which thwarted the planned resignation speech...
...and gave Sandi the will to keep up the good fight...
...and in turn set the conditions for her to return to the UK...
...right as the Beer email catastrophe was exploding...
...and then go absolutely psycho on the very same group who inadvertently thwarted her resignation with flowers then I would truly go :vince:.

• Locked thread