Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I actually like this commentary pair :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Ramos posted:

Green ranger on screen.

And up a game! His deck is great!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Matter Reshaper into Matter Reshaper into Bounding Krasis. gently caress your removal, I guess.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ramos posted:

Green ranger on screen.

I tuned in for this and got treated to :eyepop: and hearing about dry bones. :3:

E: Now they're talking about magic again, eh

Spam Down B
Oct 1, 2008
Took first in an impromptu OOB draft that fired at 2AM this morning. The entire table was groaning loudly around mid p2, when it became very apparent that black eldrazi and ALL of blue was very very open. Meanwhile, I was giggling like an idiot with my pair of Drana's Emissary, pair of Cliffhaven Vampires, and 5 Vampire Envoys. I made a dude scoop with 5 healing triggers on the board and both Cliffhavens out.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Chill la Chill posted:

I tuned in for this and got treated to :eyepop: and hearing about dry bones. :3:

Yeah, these two are actually pretty good commentators.

Dry Bones is my favorite Mario enemy so this was a lovely treat. :3:

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Ramos posted:

Green ranger on screen.

Opened the stream and wasn't expecting that

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

Highs: mentioning dry bones

Lows: missing that anafenza has relevant text in the matchup

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Count Bleck posted:

Yeah, even when they're talking about magic it's actually nice. They make nice quips and reaction shouts. Now we just need them to make sweet WWE-style announcements.

E: rhino chat is cool but they missed the WWE POUND FOR POUND opportunity

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I love this GU Company deck. I picked up some Harbingers and had this sort of built when BFZ came out, but I think Oath really helps it a lot.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Agreed, and same

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Green ranger gets there in the face of 3 Siege Rhinos

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

odiv posted:

I love this GU Company deck. I picked up some Harbingers and had this sort of built when BFZ came out, but I think Oath really helps it a lot.

I like this deck as well... But it being piloted by a jackass dressed like a power ranger makes me like it less.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I like this deck as well... But it being piloted by a jackass dressed like a power ranger makes me like it less.

wow, the wrongest opinion

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
can't believe this guy is cosplaying and not wearing a suit and tie like serious magic players, what a jackass for not beholding himself to the seriousness of this children's card game

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Errant Gin Monks posted:

The opponent is actually the jackass for not acting like a defeated villain of the week.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Wait, am I understanding this right? There was a feature match involving a player dressed as the original Green Ranger?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

The opponent is actually the jackass for not acting like a defeated villain of the week.

idk, he was pretty sullen and had a lovely look on his face when his "Jam the best cards in the format together" plan didn't get there

i guess power rangers villains were a little more animated. maybe this is the gritty Power Rangers reboot

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, am I understanding this right? There was a feature match involving a player dressed as the original Green Ranger?

Yes. I saw it on my phone and forgot to take screencaps :(

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Am I the only one who thinks Chris Andersen is too grumpy to be here?

Like look at him, he just seems so angry about everything.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Yes. I saw it on my phone and forgot to take screencaps :(

Count Bleck posted:

Am I the only one who thinks Chris Andersen is too grumpy to be here?

Like look at him, he just seems so angry about everything.

Going by Errant Gin Monks, that is the standard mode of operation for a magic player.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Ahahaha when you guys said Green Ranger I thought you were talking about Nissa at first

wowzers

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
reminder that last time I saw Harlan Firer IRL he was wearing a Let Zach Play shirt, so that battle was closer to an actual Power Rangers fight then you might think

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
I thought people were saying Jason David Frank was on screen playing nerd poker and I was about to scold everyone for not taking the perfect opportunity to make a "Jesus Didn't Tap" pun.

e. and he appears to be playing against a young Pete Burns.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
That Harlan Firer chick sure is hot.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Netcaster spider on camera. What a world.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Why did that guy just scoop? Play that poo poo out dude.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I think he tilted off and ragequit over missing the reveal trigger on his draconic roar off of Dark-Dweller?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

did he gently caress up casting draconic roar and get a warning that lead to a game loss? he did try to cast dark dwellers for 4.

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

He was throwing a fit because he got called out for the second time for not properly revealing the dragon to Draconic Roar. He revealed it after the spell was already resolving both times he cast it. Probably got a warning for it the first time and Tickal was holding him to it this last time.

Ohyeah. Here's the Allies deck I was running last night.

3 Drana, Liberator of Malakir
4 Kalastria Healer
4 Zulaport Cutthroat
1 Lantern Scount
4 Drana's Emissary
1 General Tazri
3 Cliffhaven Vampire
3 Retreat to Emeria
3 Oath of Gideon
2 Captain's Claws
3 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
2 Sorin, Solemn Visitor
2 Ob Nixilis, Reignited

3 Shambling Vent
3 Ally Encampment
4 Caves of Koilos
4 Scoured Barrens
4 Evolving Wilds
4 Swamp
3 Plains

SB: (still don't know what I'd want to board out my main plan against, so I did a transform into BW controllish)
2 Secure the Wastes
3 Grasp of Darkness
2 Flaying Tendrils
1 Murderous Cut
1 Ultimate Price
2 Read the Bones
2 Crux of Fate
2 Hallowed Moonlight

keeblerdrow fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 30, 2016

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

stinkles1112 posted:

Ahahaha when you guys said Green Ranger I thought you were talking about Nissa at first

wowzers

I assumed it was just some dorky guy wearing green and someone had decided to coin him the "green ranger" for some reason. I never would have expected actual cosplay, but it's beautiful.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Amazing. :allears:

Alris posted:

I thought people were saying Jason David Frank was on screen playing nerd poker and I was about to scold everyone for not taking the perfect opportunity to make a "Jesus Didn't Tap" pun.

I thought this was the case for a little while as well.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Pretty sweet, but I wish he had worn the helmet too. At least while he was on-camera.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I have never heard of him before but now he's my favorite Magic player.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Alris posted:

e. and he appears to be playing against a young Pete Burns.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Zemyla posted:

Pretty sweet, but I wish he had worn the helmet too. At least while he was on-camera.

Nobody coulda said that extensive eye contact is passing priority then.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Oh my god this is the best thing. I hope he wins every tournament he goes to dressed like that.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Niton posted:

No, as of October. You now get paired off and verify each other's pools, before getting your own pool back.

source

Thank you for posting this (and the other goon for asking) as I had forgotten, and I'm Reserve judge for a pptq tomorrow.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

I like how in the description there they somehow make it sound way more complicated then it actually is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Did they do a deck tech on the U/G Company deck yet? I really want to make it and the deck actually looks cheap atm.

• Locked thread