Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Carolla is pretty fun in A-class as well

Tell me how he handles, baby :viggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Posted by the shitlords at reddit

March 1 for Porsche - $20

And Virginia International.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hail Satan

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
gently caress yeah, day one purchase. VIR is a really fun track.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

So... it's not covered in the Season's Pass?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They never are. It's a different license.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

And it's 20 cars.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
VIR looks like a cool and fun track. I'm happy.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

L_Harrison posted:

Hooray, a track I've done the north course configuration of on a motorcycle!

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Cojawfee posted:

I guess it's my own fault for buying the pass

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

L_Harrison posted:

This is the big announcement of this pack in my opinion.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Including 9 models new to XBox One... 5 didn't have a Porsche Pack, so wouldn't all 20 be new to XBox One?

Edit: Oh yeah, Horizon 2 had one.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hiding VIR in the Porsche Pack is a kinda lovely thing to do, but whatever. That leaves virtually zero good American road courses left for them to add in the future.

I'll gladly eat my hat if the 928 is one of those 9 new Porsches. I'd also really like to see some of their old race cars like the 910/6.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I could see them adding Barber Motorsports Park, since Indycar and Sports Cars both run there. And maybe Mid-Ohio. But other than those, yeah. I don't think any console game has Barber.

Edit: (yes these might not qualify as "good")

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

L_Harrison posted:

I could see them adding Barber Motorsports Park, since Indycar and Sports Cars both run there. And maybe Mid-Ohio. But other than those, yeah. I don't think any console game has Barber.

Edit: (yes these might not qualify as "good")

Mid Ohio doesn't qualify as good. it qualifies as loving EXCELLENT. But they're still missing the best american road course and that's Maple Valley Raceway in the woods of New Hampshire.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What if I just build my own real world Maple Valley? Will they scan it and put it in the game then?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really hope Turn-10 is considering adding other tracks in the future to Forza 6. There are really a lot of tracks I do not like in this game. I really miss the fictional tracks, those were better then what is in the game now.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This game has the best track list of any racing game that has existed, so uh, just don't drive the tracks you don't like? Yas Marina, COTA and Bugatti are the only really bad ones and they cut us loose from the scourge against all good things known as Twin Ring Motegi.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cubey posted:

This game has the best track list of any racing game that has existed, so uh, just don't drive the tracks you don't like? Yas Marina, COTA and Bugatti are the only really bad ones and they cut us loose from the scourge against all good things known as Twin Ring Motegi.

Nah, iRacing still exists.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I actually like Twin Ring Motegi. It's better than any Tilke trash anyway.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I said come in! posted:

Nah, iRacing still exists.

We all saw you backspace "Gran Turismo" and replace it with iRacing, ISCI

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

L_Harrison posted:

I actually like Twin Ring Motegi. It's better than any Tilke trash anyway.

Thank you! No one else but us like it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

I said come in! posted:

Thank you! No one else but us like it.

I like it too and don't understand the hate.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

It's a track that consists entirely of straightaway, hairpin, straightaway, hairpin. It's so loving boring. There's no variation, no flow and no challenge.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
You know what other track had straightaways and hairpins that should be in Forza's roster? New York.

:getin:

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

L_Harrison posted:

You know what other track had straightaways and hairpins that should be in Forza's roster? New York.

:getin:

The cut of this man's jib is peerless.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

PhancyPants posted:

So... it's not covered in the Season's Pass?

The season pass was for the first 6 car packs. February was the 6th car pack. No more free DLC for forza 6.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There's only been 5 car packs.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh right, guess they will give us another one before the porsche pack.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 31, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Actually had a few nice league races tonight, running in the B-class sim races. Everybody seemed to actually pay attention and there wasn't any big gently caress ups during the 3 races I ran. Was only about 10 players in the races and everybody took turn 1 on Walkins, Leguna, and COTA west slow like we were driving in rush hour.

I ran the wrong car and was running in the back for the 3 races, but still had some good passing with a couple guys.

Also the races were all 8+ laps.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Actually had a few nice league races tonight, running in the B-class sim races. Everybody seemed to actually pay attention and there wasn't any big gently caress ups during the 3 races I ran. Was only about 10 players in the races and everybody took turn 1 on Walkins, Leguna, and COTA west slow like we were driving in rush hour.

I ran the wrong car and was running in the back for the 3 races, but still had some good passing with a couple guys.

Also the races were all 8+ laps.

I like A class, but my races: "I'm driving a BAC Mono I have full control if I hit you its your fault because you can't race."

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Just did the Catalunya 100 and Road Atlanta 100 endurance races in career mode and endurance racing in this game is awesome. I play with Drivatar Difficulty set to Expert. On Catalunya I pitted from 1st place at lap 17 out of 35 for fuel. I only had 3% left at that point and my tires were also at 50%. I only lost 3 positions and came out of the pit in 4th. 2nd and 3rd pitted on the next lap and I just barely kept 2nd when the Viper exited the pits. The leader pitted the next lap so I was back in the lead. Once I was at about lap 30 I realized I was going to have to save fuel if I was going to finish. I was in 1st place about 900ft ahead of the Viper in 2nd place so it was tough but on the long straights I just had to remember to short shift and then at the end to lift and coast for a bit before braking. Not only that but I also had to contend with lower class traffic on the final lap and ended the race with 1% fuel left, less than 100ft ahead of the viper.

Now my hands feel like they are going to fall off. It's the first time that racing against the AI really felt like racing instead of just passing and hotlapping.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

geeves posted:

I like A class, but my races: "I'm driving a BAC Mono I have full control if I hit you its your fault because you can't race."

Well, with the sim damage league, those people seem to stay away because they get wrecked out (or spend a lap doing 25 blocking the raceway). Or maybe they dont make it to the elite leagues at all.

A class is usually where I go, but the B-class leagues have always been the best for me, although the only other one I really grinded was the B-class rally league they did back in the fall. That one was fun, they did the grid order by best lap time and I ran the 2004 lancer which was one of the best options and handled really well. Only races I could consistently get a top 3 finish.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drat doing an endurance race on Catalunya, you must like pain :D

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I admit I've run into my share of bullshit racing in the leagues. That said, I am pleasantly surprised by the number of genuinely cool people from all over the world I've met there. The money payouts are not bad, either.

I know it ain't GREAT, but I did finish at #101 of 1,400+ in the Can-Am (free 312) league and that was just from slugging away at it, with tons of last place/DNFs. I still prefer the ghost leagues because I can race with people and only worry about my own driving instead of getting wrecked out, but the other leagues have made me a better driver. I've spent more time in R and P classes than ever before, and I have incentives to build up more and more cars.

Going back to work will dampen that, but racing late at night sometimes means racing with very interesting people (if you can understand them). This one Russian dude had me muting my mic because he was hilarious (and I couldn't stop laughing).

Leagues: Good and fun. Sometimes!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 1, 2016

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

drat doing an endurance race on Catalunya, you must like pain :D

There are people that don't like Catalunya?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

GutBomb posted:

There are people that don't like Catalunya?

In my experience it's less people don't like Catalunya and more people don't like last few corners of Catalunya.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

GutBomb posted:

Just did the Catalunya 100 and Road Atlanta 100 endurance races in career mode and endurance racing in this game is awesome. I play with Drivatar Difficulty set to Expert. On Catalunya I pitted from 1st place at lap 17 out of 35 for fuel. I only had 3% left at that point and my tires were also at 50%. I only lost 3 positions and came out of the pit in 4th. 2nd and 3rd pitted on the next lap and I just barely kept 2nd when the Viper exited the pits. The leader pitted the next lap so I was back in the lead. Once I was at about lap 30 I realized I was going to have to save fuel if I was going to finish. I was in 1st place about 900ft ahead of the Viper in 2nd place so it was tough but on the long straights I just had to remember to short shift and then at the end to lift and coast for a bit before braking. Not only that but I also had to contend with lower class traffic on the final lap and ended the race with 1% fuel left, less than 100ft ahead of the viper.

Now my hands feel like they are going to fall off. It's the first time that racing against the AI really felt like racing instead of just passing and hotlapping.

So you'd be interested in a weekend endurance racing league?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Catalunya's final chicane section was an appeal to safety. A previous iteration of that track had the final corner set as one big open fast-as-gently caress downhill sweeper, which coincidentally, placed all the cars on an intercept course with a giant section of grandstands. Instead of moving the grandstands, they put in a slower section.

This was a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

So you'd be interested in a weekend endurance racing league?

I would. We'd need a pretty big group to make it work.

• Locked thread