Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Seriously though, why are they always outside? Its loving cold and there's a whole empty building with beds and poo poo.

I mean, that place looks like a shithole.

Someone said the buildings got trashed inside, but I have not seen any pics yet.

Still probably better than sitting in the snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

STAC Goat posted:

Seriously though, why are they always outside? Its loving cold and there's a whole empty building with beds and poo poo.

They basically just said on the phone to someone that the reason the're set up outside now is to reinforce the point that "We're just camping".

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
So whats the current betting pool on if these cretins will give up before the FBI has to come in and take them down? Preferably non-lethal?

I wanna get in on that action.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fionnoula posted:

They basically just said on the phone to someone that the reason the're set up outside now is to reinforce the point that "We're just camping".

Ha! I was just kidding when I suggested that yesterday.

Man, they're dumb.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

STAC Goat posted:

Ha! I was just kidding when I suggested that yesterday.

Man, they're dumb.

I'd actually expect their argument will be "we weren't the ones in the building or involved in all this other stuff, we were just here to camp and hang out and got trapped by the feds who are now threatening to charge us with crimes we didn't commit!

Ignoring of course all the poo poo that's been caught on camera

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

A shithole for poo poo people, it's appropriate.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I gotta say, I've been listening to more and more of these SovCit rants and radio streams and all I keep thinking is they're really lucky the federal government isn't the corrupt bunch of jack booted thugs they think they are. Because a less patient and forgiving government would round up all these fuckers for insurrection or treason or something.

Its like the entire movement is a testament to America's free speech rights but totally not in the way they think.

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
They're planning ahead (this time)!

quote:

Traci Lundin
56 mins · Grants Pass, OR ·

UPDATE: Good afternoon fellow patriots! Here is a list in order of things we need to get gathered up for our current op.

Funds: this is for hotels, campgrounds and fuel.

Cold weather gear: portable gas heaters, propane containers, ways to cook. Blankets, tents, sleeping bags, hand warmers, feet warmers etc...

Food: please keep this to boxed and canned goods. Perishables can spoil to fast and can be purchased as needed.

As this changes, Traci or Tana will update you. If you have any questions, contact Tana or Traci.

Also, here is the link for the PayPal account that donations can made to.
Oregon III% - DONATE NOW! - Oregon III% Patriots
oregoniiipercent.com

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
"Can be purchased as needed."

So they actually haven't learned anything?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Stream down :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-evPvwzaY

That's the recording.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really hope they release some sort of list of the kinds of things they find left behind once they get this all sorted out. All the funny poo poo like donated dildos aside, I'm sure there's got to be at least a few illegal/modified guns that had to be left when the poo poo hit the fan and the feds were searching cars that were leaving.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ChlamydiaJones posted:

Oh cool, definitely make that publicly available so you can all be charged with aiding and abetting when this also inevitably turns into a criminal conspiracy.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
"We never impeded anyone from doing their work, there was no employees here when we come"

lmao

Actual three year olds are better at bullshitting their way out of trouble they know they are in.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Fionnoula posted:

Kazak_Hstan posted:

"We never impeded anyone from doing their work, there was no employees here when we come"

lmao

Actual three year olds are better at bullshitting their way out of trouble they know they are in.

I gotta admit, I knew they were cowards but I did not imagine that their cowardice would be this abject.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Michele Bachmann@MicheleBachmann
Obama has a zero civilian casualty policy in fighting Islamic State, apparently not for land rights supporters. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ovoke-officers/

god what a despicable politician

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Space Skeleton posted:

Someone said the buildings got trashed inside, but I have not seen any pics yet.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glsQEwWZLqg

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

pillsburysoldier posted:

Obama has a zero civilian casualty policy in fighting Islamic State, apparently not for land rights supporters. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ovoke-officers/

On the plus side, maybe people with viable political careers can start commenting now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Wait, what? "This guy died being arrested so Obama should carpet bomb civilians in Iraq and Syria." Did I interpret that right?

Thank God that woman is no longer a relevant person.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

It's just a bunch of crap left behind and unmade beds. It's not like there's human poo poo smeared on the walls and gutted mattresses. All they'd have to do is drag other people's crap out of the room and it would be a hell of a lot better than the slurry of mud and spilled beer they're sleeping in right now.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I didn't see any civilians getting ventilated in the snow, only a member of an organized militia :smugdog:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Is it even worth pointing out we kill civilians all the time while fighting isis? Does that even matter?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SedanChair posted:

I gotta admit, I knew they were cowards but I did not imagine that their cowardice would be this abject.

To be honest, listening to the video the thing I keep hearing them repeat is "if nothing happens then why did we do this in the first place?" I almost feel bad that these guys - especially Sean Anderson - seem to be having some kind of crisis about what exactly he threw away his freedom for. These are dumb people who bought into a bullshit cause and now are starting to kind of realize it. I want to feel sorry for them.

But then I remember that they keep calling for an armed revolution and the murder of cops to get them out of this.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
They keep making a point that it is really unfair that only Sean is going to be immediatel;y arrested when they all did the same thing. It seems like it would be a great bargain to just offer to throw them all in jail immediately. See guys, now it's fair, hope you're happy!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, what? "This guy died being arrested so Obama should carpet bomb civilians in Iraq and Syria." Did I interpret that right?

Thank God that woman is no longer a relevant person.

No, you've got it backwards. She's implying Obama cares more about the lives of foreign Muslims than the lives of REAL AMERICAN PATRIOTS because Lavoy went and got himself shot, and the policy on dealing with daesh has been primarily to target infrastructure and known militant positions while limiting civilian casualties, because civilian casualties are what daesh wants.

It's just a continuation of the secret Muslim thing.

Electing a black guy really broke a lot of brains, didn't it?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

How far from the buildings are they camping? It'd be great if the FBI just roll up to the unoccupied buildings and set up a checkpoint there, too.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Originally read that title as "Barack's Aftermath Video" and was like "oh yeah obv Obama's fault y'all".

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Leofish posted:

No, you've got it backwards. She's implying Obama cares more about the lives of foreign Muslims than the lives of REAL AMERICAN PATRIOTS because Lavoy went and got himself shot, and the policy on dealing with daesh has been primarily to target infrastructure and known militant positions while limiting civilian casualties, because civilian casualties are what daesh wants.

It's just a continuation of the secret Muslim thing.

Electing a black guy really broke a lot of brains, didn't it?

The brains were already broken, it just gave a subset of paranoid assholes a new focus.

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme

quote:

“I done me best when I was let. Thinking always if I go all goes. A hundred cares, a tithe of troubles and is there one who understands me? One in a thousand of years of the nights? All me life I have been lived among them but now they are becoming lothed to me. And I am lothing their little warm tricks. And lothing their mean cosy turns. And all the greedy gushes out through their small souls. And all the lazy leaks down over their brash bodies. How small it's all! And me letting on to meself always. And lilting on all the time.”
To be read during Finicum' Wake

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

ChlamydiaJones posted:

Are these guys still getting poo poo sent to them? Who delivers to an occupied refuge surrounded by feds?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This final pitiful display is a strange demonstration of a completely novel infantile culture that television has made of people. The cognition of the heroic self keeps them out there and they can't help but show and we can't help but watch.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Nihilarian posted:

Are these guys still getting poo poo sent to them? Who delivers to an occupied refuge surrounded by feds?

Not the same people. That message was from sympathizers who want to help, and presumably aren't (yet) encircled.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

From what the Bundys said, they were going to the post office to pick up their mail. They used it as an example in one of their interviews of how the USPS was fine, because it is mentioned in the constitution.

I highly doubt the USPS, or any other carrier, was sending stuff directly to trespassers.

Beowulfs_Ghost fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 31, 2016

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it was all sent general delivery in Burns. http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm/D930.htm

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

I highly doubt the USPS, or any other carrier, was sending stuff directly to trespassers.

I think if you look far back enough in the thread you'll find pictures of FedEx trucks making deliveries at the refuge - but the USPS address they gave was just general delivery at the county office.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

ChlamydiaJones posted:

It's really precious that they think that tens of thousands of people are going to come rushing into the middle of nowhere to sleep in the cold mud during a wet winter, all with the goal of forcing the federal government to leave the state of Oregon "peacefully" (at gunpoint).

To be honest, this is dumber than even I would have expected.

The whole living outside in the wet cold surrounded by piles of trash while there are warm buildings and soft beds available to prove that they are "just camping out" (on federal property with assault rifles) is also bafflingly stupid. I figured they were outside because some idiot had convinced them that it was much easier to get ambushed if they were indoors. But no, their reason is actually much, much stupider than that.

They are choosing to sit in filth, surrounded by piles of their own trash, in the wet cold, to prove that they were doing nothing wrong and not hurting anybody. They could all leave at any time and the sooner they do the better it will be for them, but instead they want to stew in their own misery until the food runs out.

I just.......don't even know what to say. FBI please flashbang these assholes in the middle of the night and take them all in. This is starting to get too pathetic to describe.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
FBI should observe activity patterns to figure out what time of day they are drunkest and make the arrest then. Then include their BAC in the press release.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

pillsburysoldier posted:

Oh, you mean the same psycho that visited a town and announced she was glad to be in the home town of John Wayne (Gacey)? Yeah, how she holds office still is one of nature's mysteries.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

SocketWrench posted:

Oh, you mean the same psycho that visited a town and announced she was glad to be in the home town of John Wayne (Gacey)? Yeah, how she holds office still is one of nature's mysteries.

She's no longer in office, I think she declined to run for reelection in 2014.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Prester Jane posted:

To be honest, this is dumber than even I would have expected.

The whole living outside in the wet cold surrounded by piles of trash while there are warm buildings and soft beds available to prove that they are "just camping out" (on federal property with assault rifles) is also bafflingly stupid. I figured they were outside because some idiot had convinced them that it was much easier to get ambushed if they were indoors. But no, their reason is actually much, much stupider than that.

They are choosing to sit in filth, surrounded by piles of their own trash, in the wet cold, to prove that they were doing nothing wrong and not hurting anybody. They could all leave at any time and the sooner they do the better it will be for them, but instead they want to stew in their own misery until the food runs out.

I just.......don't even know what to say. FBI please flashbang these assholes in the middle of the night and take them all in. This is starting to get too pathetic to describe.

Every second these idiots are broadcasting turns more potential true believers away from their cause. The FBI will leave them to piss in the wellspring of hatred that so many drink from. They will only take them in when they are on their knees, cold, filthy and begging for a warm cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

skaboomizzy posted:

She's no longer in office, I think she declined to run for reelection in 2014.

Coincidentally she's also someone vehemently against welfare for poor people but collects six figures a year from the government in farm subsidies.

E: I think she also has like 11 foster kids too...

red19fire fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 31, 2016

• Locked thread