Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

G0RF posted:

And I'm just 30:00 in...

That was my cut-off point. Good luck listening to the rest, but I think there are amazing nuggets left in there.

Mirificus posted:

Please tell me you're making all of this up.

No, it's really there. Listen if you have the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'd say this guy

But replace Tomcat with "D_Smart"

Well, I guess being as I have photoshop open...

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 31, 2016

Lochness_Hamster
Sep 27, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Amazingly enough that post has positive karma.

you have more Upvotes than Ben has.... maybe the worm has turned

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPPYJDZIXJU

this is pretty damning

1. taking time from SC to work on golf swing
2. wearing cargo shorts and yet he doesn't want them as clothing options in the PU? where's the consistency

e: wrong guy!!

Happy Sisyphus fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 31, 2016

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
It's totally normal and appropriate for a game dev vlog to be nothing but a person who is in no way related to development just talk about how great she is for an hour.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wrecked Angle posted:

:gary:
:perfect:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Wrecked Angle posted:

:five:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Lochness_Hamster posted:

Holy poo poo.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Also the upvotes on this

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43b9bk/squadron_42_interview_gillian_anderson/czi0wqc?context=3

:lol:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I've fallen 40 pages behind, lord have mercy on me. Anything in particular I should be on the lookout for in the last couple of days?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

^^ check out petergabriel's bids and G0rf's writeup of the star marine fiasco

Finally caught up with his goddamn thread.

The Stimpire story was probably the most hilarious and delirious thing I've ever read. Its like if a 12 year old just saw Hellraiser and was asked to design the Strogg from Quake

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lochness_Hamster posted:

Holy poo poo.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Chris can at least enjoy the defense that he believed his promises when he made them; they seemed reasonable to him at the time.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jul 12, 2016

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Lowtax posted:

I will gift free forum accounts to folks who were banned from RSI. I mean, obviously I'm going to take it on a case by case basis, but I am putting the offer out there. Email me at webmaster@somethingawful.com with your story.

:woop::pgabz::woop::pgabz::woop:

so many great things happening in this thread.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

I will gift free forum accounts to folks who were banned from RSI. I mean, obviously I'm going to take it on a case by case basis, but I am putting the offer out there. Email me at webmaster@somethingawful.com with your story.

lol

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

I've fallen 40 pages behind, lord have mercy on me. Anything in particular I should be on the lookout for in the last couple of days?

It's a free fly weekend, Ben hates trolls, Lando is flying somewhere, presumably to stash money. Sandi might have interviewed Gillian Anderson, and the tide has finally turned against CIG within the community due to their latest debacle in handling the cancellation of Star Marine.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Lowtax posted:

If I get banned from rsi will you give me 10 bux back?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Any mind giving me a quick recap on the whole Star Marine thing? Was it supposed to be it's own thing but then it was folded into the overall game or something?

\/ Thanks.

40-Degree Day fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 31, 2016

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I always get banned a few times in the twitch streams for asking, "What's Chris working on this week?" Like that's some kind of grave sin, to wonder whether he's working on MoCap or just sitting around drinking coffee all day or what.

40-Degree Day posted:

Any mind giving me a quick recap on the whole Star Marine thing? Was it supposed to be it's own thing but then it was folded into the overall game or something?

G0RF's compendium vol. 1 has the answer: http://justagamemode.com/

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

40-Degree Day posted:

Great timeline and explanation here

http://www.justagamemode.com

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Matildas post is below the default view threshold. Is this opposites day? Holy poo poo.

Matilda is SEETHING with rage somewhere.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok here you guys go

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43h7bn/free_something_awful_account_to_anyone_banned/

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Sandi talks about budgeting for Gamescom.

"And I have to budget flying 5 people overseas. 4 of them in Economy, one of them First Class..."

well this makes me think differently about Hennessy's RtV aside about Sandi flying upstairs in the plane away from the rest of them...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i honestly wonder, do people at CIG really ever discuss this thread

the thought makes me laugh out loud

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

G0RF posted:

Reasons to listen:

Sandi played Doom from 6pm to 5am 5 days a week and had a gift for physics and math. She wonders what she could've been if she applied herself.

Offered scholarships for Ph.D study all over the world.

She is a Gemini which apparently has some significance to her because despite her aforementioned scientific gifts, she believes personality is determined by month of birth.

"I used to dress pretty loud."

"I was accepted as one of the youngest MBAs ever."

Stumbled trying to talk about her Master's Thesis on "International Marketing" for some weird reason.

"In Australia, women are super competitive. But that just wasn't my thing."

This may have the highest lie-per-phrase count of any interview Sandi has ever conducted. And that really is saying something.

"Chris coding. The guy is brilliant. It's pretty impressive."

She mentions her second thesis on "Marine Biology" fleetingly.

Sandi tells a story about Chris encouraging Sandi to not fly coach but to upgrade to better accommodations but she would not waste backer money.

I have to say, as cynical as I am about Sandi, sometimes the horror can still wash over me when I realize that's she's a real person. I can't believe someone can lie this often and this clumsily. She tells lies even over matters so trivial that she has literally nothing to gain by doing so. It is not calculated or tactical lying-- it truly is pathological. And though it makes for a comic character in a tv show (maybe), it's really just disquieting to listen to it.

And I'm just 30:00 in...

goddamn

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Eonwe posted:

I like to think they have an internal wiki. A page for each poster with a list of crimes against CIG.

Perhaps a page of unanswered questions.

- What is shitposting???
- What is the meaning of the recipes? code?
- Ratio of cats to dogs posted means something. I know it. Find out!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Eonwe posted:

Somewhere in LA, Ben rages impotently about not being able to ban "that shitposter with the spinning pink elephant".

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

BeefThief posted:

G0RF's compendium vol. 1 has the answer: http://justagamemode.com/

Well written and thorough. Nice job G0RF.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
star citizen is like coffee, you see

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

40-Degree Day posted:

Well written and thorough. Nice job G0RF.
Hey thank DigitalMocking for throwing it on a website with a domain - I was grateful he did it! Otherwise it would've been buried 50 pages back in the thread like so much other good stuff is here.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

fuctifino posted:

That was my cut-off point. Good luck listening to the rest, but I think there are amazing nuggets left in there.

No, it's really there. Listen if you have the time.

:lol: Yeah, right. I have soup to make. Even if I burn the place to the ground, it'll still be a better use of my evening.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I have decided to reach out to my fellow Commandos with a heartfelt video

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuzzknot posted:

:lol: Yeah, right. I have soup to make. Even if I burn the place to the ground, it'll still be a better use of my evening.

what kind of soup

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Wrecked Angle posted:

I kinda want this shirt now. We should sell them at Citcon, PAX, E4, SDCC, etc

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

what kind of soup

Chicken tortilla. Here is a terrible photo and the incredibly-not-terrible recipe.

CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP

1 2- to 3-pound roasting chicken
1 slice onion
1 or 2 cloves garlic, whole
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 or 2 small serranos, finely chopped and seeds removed
1 or 2 small jalapeños, finely chopped and seeds removed
1 3.5 ounce jar chipotle peppers in adobo, finely chopped
2 large or 4 small tomatoes, chopped
dash comino
2 limes, wedged
grated Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
handful chopped cilantro
10 corn tortillas, sliced into strips 1/4 inch by 2 inches
1 or 2 avocados
vegetable oil for frying

Chop chicken in large chunks and place in a large pot with the slice of onion, whole cloves of garlic, salt to taste, and water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 2 hours or until chicken is falling off the bone. Drain, reserving broth. Separate chicken from bones. Discard bones; reserve chicken.

Place stock in large pot and bring to boil.

Heat olive oil in skillet. Cook onion till just tender; add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add serranos, jalapeños, and chipotles. Cook till just tender. Add to stock. Add tomatoes, chicken, and comino with salt to taste. Cook till tomatoes are just done.

Meanwhile, pour two inches of vegetable oil in saucepan. Deep fry tortilla strips in batches a few minutes till just golden. Remove and drain.

Pour soup into bowls. Garnish with cheese, cilantro, tortilla strips, lime wedges, and avocado wedges. Serve.

Makes 12 servings.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Happy Sisyphus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPPYJDZIXJU

this is pretty damning

1. taking time from SC to work on golf swing
2. wearing cargo shorts and yet he doesn't want them as clothing options in the PU? where's the consistency

e: wrong guy

How dare he play golf!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gugjt9YVHY0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I just farted and it smells like literal poop

However that fart exists and I have tangible proof of it which is more than I can say about Parp Citizen

• Locked thread