Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuzzknot posted:

Chicken tortilla. Here is a terrible photo and the incredibly-not-terrible recipe.

CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP

1 2- to 3-pound roasting chicken
1 slice onion
1 or 2 cloves garlic, whole
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 or 2 small serranos, finely chopped and seeds removed
1 or 2 small jalapeños, finely chopped and seeds removed
1 3.5 ounce jar chipotle peppers in adobo, finely chopped
2 large or 4 small tomatoes, chopped
dash comino
2 limes, wedged
grated Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
handful chopped cilantro
10 corn tortillas, sliced into strips 1/4 inch by 2 inches
1 or 2 avocados
vegetable oil for frying

Chop chicken in large chunks and place in a large pot with the slice of onion, whole cloves of garlic, salt to taste, and water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 2 hours or until chicken is falling off the bone. Drain, reserving broth. Separate chicken from bones. Discard bones; reserve chicken.

Place stock in large pot and bring to boil.

Heat olive oil in skillet. Cook onion till just tender; add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add serranos, jalapeños, and chipotles. Cook till just tender. Add to stock. Add tomatoes, chicken, and comino with salt to taste. Cook till tomatoes are just done.

Meanwhile, pour two inches of vegetable oil in saucepan. Deep fry tortilla strips in batches a few minutes till just golden. Remove and drain.

Pour soup into bowls. Garnish with cheese, cilantro, tortilla strips, lime wedges, and avocado wedges. Serve.

Makes 12 servings.

yum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D_Smart posted:

They pulled the audio back when I mentioned this in my Interstellar Justice blog. We have a local copy saved. And now you've found another on Stitcher.

Someone needs to ask @sunnysdiner why they pulled it.

This isn't real. Tell me this isn't real. It can't be real. Oh poo poo, I just threw up on myself. Again.

Seriously though, I saw this when it was first published and it loving made (makes) me sick.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TTerrible posted:

Matildas post is below the default view threshold. Is this opposites day? Holy poo poo.

Matilda is SEETHING with rage somewhere.

Ben's post also has enough downvotes to acquire the controversial tag.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Literally The Worst posted:

I just farted and it smells like literal poop

However that fart exists and I have tangible proof of it which is more than I can say about Parp Citizen

Shart, Citizen.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:drat:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

same, I've worked on literally every AAA game while I've been researching for my 3 different doctorates so I totally know games development

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

they hid that post

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The Ecstasy of .jpgs.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

:drat:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I cried while I made that video

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://disqus.com/by/disqus_s3D8WsLVVR/

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

XD, XD and in short XD

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I call this one : 10 for the chairman (mao)

*Boston accent*
"And then I told em, you're kind of annoying me asking questions about star marine, I mean can you fuckin' believe those DOUCHEBAGS?

As always, feel free to do what you want with it, or ignore it...whatever....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
nice to know i cant have opinions on games without having made a GOTY or something

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

I really liked the "My father will audit your rear end"

That's a good burn.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

I cried while I made that video

Because of the beautiful music or the sickness of the burns?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
note to any supporters of SC, you don't have to be a chef to know when you're being fed poo poo

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

note to any supporters of SC, you don't have to be a chef to know when you're being fed poo poo

Related question for any SC supports: would you rather drink bleach or eat shitpuddin?

Imp Boy
Feb 8, 2004

myschef posted:

That's a good burn.

Those Scientologists are getting more aggressive every year...

It does make me wonder, how much crossover is there between shitizens and Hubbard's minions? Seems like they are competing over the same gullible lunatics.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Because of the beautiful music or the sickness of the burns?

I just get emotional when I think of the love out there for all Commandos

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

im dead

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

http://www.tentonhammer.com/columns/respawn/what-happened-star-marine

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

I just get emotional when I think of the love out there for all Commandos

F

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

its amazing how incredibly stupid stew360 is

he has gotten worse since planetside 2 since now he is shilling for a non-existent game

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Daztek posted:

Will you have over 100 chapters and will they be procedurally generated chapters?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Nights

Already a thing.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43ddiy/meaningless_and_engaging_activities/czhr50x

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

What music did you use? It sounds familiar.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

myschef posted:

That's a good burn.

What is it with shitizens and auditing?

And why the gently caress don't they want to audit CIG?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

its amazing how incredibly stupid stew360 is

he has gotten worse since planetside 2 since now he is shilling for a non-existent game

How long has he been around?

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Gotta do something to pass the time whilst them 20 minute ship entry animations play.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

FrankieGoes posted:

This isn't real. Tell me this isn't real. It can't be real. Oh poo poo, I just threw up on myself. Again.

Seriously though, I saw this when it was first published and it loving made (makes) me sick.

Hosing the next great starship?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

LowellDND posted:

What music did you use? It sounds familiar.

The Esctasy of Gold by Enio Morricone. From The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

20 pages late but quoting for the "gently caress you Ben".

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

The thing is, how can he say that when NO-ONE knows what point this dumb thing is actually at!

The product itself seems like a tech demo or pre-alpha. Major features lacking and game-breaking bugs all over the place.
The official line is it's in alpha (is that right?). Though probably only being called that so that it looks as though CIG have made some reasonable progress in the last few years. Oh yeah, and to cut off the customers refund option.
The way CIG are presenting it is like a beta. Open to anyone and being sold as a product with a kinda 'we have a few things to sort out' kinda attitude. You have a loving GAME to sort out!

How can they even market the game without any game mechanics in place, no design documents, nothing! They have soo far to go before this is a game it's unreal.

Like, on a scale of 1-100, I wonder how close that guy thinks those things are to being reality. You have a spaceship, check. Now just the universe, the planets, the fishing, the fish, the market, the economy! It's taken them 3 years and the best part of $100 million to get this far, how long and how much before you're fishing on a loving alien planet you deluded, brain-washed mongoloid?!!

Ahem, sorry. [/vent]

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

How long has he been around?

He has been a 'prominent' YouTube personality for a while

Idk tho

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Wrecked Angle posted:

Like, on a scale of 1-100, I wonder how close that guy thinks those things are to being reality. You have a spaceship, check. Now just the universe, the planets, the fishing, the fish, the market, the economy! It's taken them 3 years and the best part of $100 million to get this far, how long and how much before you're fishing on a loving alien planet you deluded, brain-washed mongoloid?!!

Ahem, sorry. [/vent]
You should see how crazy they get over defending Star Citizen.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

James Brand is the best and most effective troll to ever exist. You can tell he's a troll because if he were actually stupid enough to believe the things he says, he'd be falsely imprisoned for raping an Autotrader employee like that little retarded kid on Making a Murderer.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

FrankieGoes posted:

James Brand is the best and most effective troll to ever exist. You can tell he's a troll because if he were actually stupid enough to believe the things he says, he'd be falsely imprisoned for raping an Autotrader employee like that little retarded kid on Making a Murderer.

holy smokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Lol, you're doing God's work Eonwe

• Locked thread