Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Xequecal posted:

Another question: Since it's possible for The Whispering Ice to drop way before monsters are level 50, if you get like an ilvl40 Whispering Ice, does that mean you can never 6 socket it? Because normally items below 50 can't get 6 sockets, I'm not sure about using jeweler's orbs on them.

Vorici doesn't give a gently caress about ilvls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

As a pretty much exclusively Ranger player: the new Ranger ascendancy looks absurdly broken and I love it.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Ultima66 posted:

As a pretty much exclusively Ranger player: the new Ranger ascendancy looks absurdly broken and I love it.

Not really, I mean who doesn't have five surgeon's stanching amethyst flasks on their bar? :unsmigghh:
Just gonna hit this actual amethyst flask and go CI for a few seconds.

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 29, 2016

J
Jun 10, 2001

Flasks are super duper insanely good. Look at this fukken build that abuses the absolute poo poo out of flasks. An entire ascendancy class with more flask nodes has tons of potential. Although I do think the first ranger ascendancy class (sharpshooter? forgot the name), is also extremely good.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So i played with a level 94 witch named HeliCuna today with 2 freezing pulse totems.... It was mental the amount of damage it was doing. Couldn't even keep up to the movement flasks and totem placements..

Anyways, that Berserker class rewards death? no thanks hardcore...

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Best rip I've seen in a while.

http://www.twitch.tv/zenocidegenius/v/38302434

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

high tier decision making skills here

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
That 100% of damage leeched as life thing is so very powerful.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Pact

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vessel_of_Vinktar

And while not feasible for 99.99% of the games population http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri's_Acuity

e - and this as well for super degens. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Retch

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 29, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So I have never done Atziri before and was at a level that I felt like I might as well learn, since I didn't have any exp to lose. Made a bunch of dumb mistakes, mostly just tanking hits in the split phase, and died a couple of times. The pre-Atziri bosses were easier than I remember them being in my previous attempts. I accidentally killed both melee guys in the Vaal trio first and it didn't really matter since the last one didn't kill me instantly or anything and I was getting easy flask charges.

Best drop + achievement + challenge completion triple value hype.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Bugsy posted:

That 100% of damage leeched as life thing is so very powerful.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Pact

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vessel_of_Vinktar

And while not feasible for 99.99% of the games population http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri's_Acuity

e - and this as well for super degens. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Retch

What is a Savage Hit, though?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

ronya posted:

What is a Savage Hit, though?

An attack that deals 20% or more of your life in damage (post mitigation), it's on the node that says Savage Hit as a footnote.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

It's worded pretty precisely: "removes at least 20% of maximum life", presumably so that you can't exploit it with CI or a low-life build to get a free 100% life leech on all damage.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
I just went into the Exiles Everywhere race not really know what to expect.

That was certainly an experience, and fun in an "Oh god Oh god WHY" sort of way.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Exiles everywhere is the best race. I think I got about 6 or 7 uniques in the hour I played including a Tabula Rasa.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
The hardest part is starting out right? After you get some gear I imagine it's smooth sailing.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Yeah I spent half the race time slowly going through Mud Flats because I am bad.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Level 2 fighting igna phoenix is always an adventure!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
On the other hand laying the smackdown on Xandro again and again is cathartic.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Aw man, I just realized that I won't be able to play any of the other Exiles Everywhere races :(

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Can I get ginvites for Kevros and Sneakysoops? Just started in Talisman.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
I found a jewel with an increased attack speed mod and three crit mods for daggers, (8% increased attack speed with daggers, 10% increased global critical strike chance, 16% increased critical strike chance with one handed melee weapons, 10% increased critical strike multiplier) is this worth as much as I think it is?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Xequecal posted:

I found a jewel with an increased attack speed mod and three crit mods for daggers, (8% increased attack speed with daggers, 10% increased global critical strike chance, 16% increased critical strike chance with one handed melee weapons, 10% increased critical strike multiplier) is this worth as much as I think it is?
no, it's worthless, give it to me

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Count Uvula posted:

If you can work two of the +60% shield defenses nodes in to your build (Deflection and Precise Interception are decent choices and give you a bit more to boot), you should be close to even with a build running Grace. Take Revenge of the Hunted and Survivalist, and with okay evasion gear and a couple more ev nodes or a lot of dex where you can find them you can even out your speed. Good gear will give you a speed boost. Running grace on top of that would give you like +20-30% move speed.

This is about the best I can do:

Blood Magic
MoM

Even if I had 500 on every slot and 1500 on chest I still wouldn't be able to hit the 12k needed to get positive move speed :negative:

uhhhhahhhhohahhh fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 29, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Xequecal posted:

Yes, 4 relevant damage mods starts in the multiple exalt range. Since they're for dagger and I think crit/crit multi is considered the best stats for dagger, I'd guess it's probably worth minimum 4-5 exalts.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Just found my first Shavronne's ever. What are some good builds that require it?

Malt fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 30, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Malt posted:

Just found my first first Shavronne's ever. What are some good builds that require it?

J posted:

Flasks are super duper insanely good. Look at this fukken build that abuses the absolute poo poo out of flasks. An entire ascendancy class with more flask nodes has tons of potential. Although I do think the first ranger ascendancy class (sharpshooter? forgot the name), is also extremely good.

Or just any low life spell build. LL summoners are really good too.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I five linked my voltaxic rift yey time to level this dumb character up.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
so i have a really nice chest piece on hardcore.

1250 armor with 20% quality
+106% armor
+300 armor
+94 life
+41% lightning

it's 4L right now and it has 5 sockets.. i need it to be a 5L badly.. I have 55 chaos orbs and 64 jewelers orbs and 5 fusings.

I probably need to buy about 80 fusing orbs for 5L but before i attempt to 5L i need 6 sockets... How many jewelers should i attempt 6S with?

Edit:
Lastly, what can i link to vengence? trying to find something better than my 4-5L axe being leap slam movement of leap slam-faster attacks-bloodmagic-endurance charge on melee stun-stun

Vengence-curse on hit-enfeeble-life leech-stun-endurance charge on melee stun?

TipsyMcStagger fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 30, 2016

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

TipsyMcStagger posted:

so i have a really nice chest piece on hardcore.

1250 armor with 20% quality
+106% armor
+300 armor
+94 life
+41% lightning

it's 4L right now and it has 5 sockets.. i need it to be a 5L badly.. I have 55 chaos orbs and 64 jewelers orbs and 5 fusings.

I probably need to buy about 80 fusing orbs for 5L but before i attempt to 5L i need 6 sockets... How many jewelers should i attempt 6S with?

6s before trying to 5l. You stand a better chance to 5 link and even a chance to 6l

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Vengence-curse on hit-enfeeble-life leech-stun-endurance charge on melee stun?

Are you getting Fortify anywhere? I don't think Vengeance/Riposte ever do great DPS, so Life Leech seems like a waste. Vengeance also doesn't really do much damage per hit, so I don't know how reliably you'd trigger the stun.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Question about Vaal Pact / Ghost Reaver mechanics. If you take both, does Vaal Pact's life regen debuff apply to energy shield recharge or does ES still recharge on its own and so I should still take relevant "faster start to recharge rate" nodes?

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
ES recharge is a different stat than ES regen (the latter you can get via Zealot's Oath and uniques). So yes it still recharges and you could take those nodes.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Bouquet posted:

Are you getting Fortify anywhere? I don't think Vengeance/Riposte ever do great DPS, so Life Leech seems like a waste. Vengeance also doesn't really do much damage per hit, so I don't know how reliably you'd trigger the stun.

Main attack is giving me fortify on my chest. so it's always up.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Dear goon who lost an 81 rigwald a few hours ago and ragequit, I am going to do one tonight or tomorrow if you want in. Let me know.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
156 jewelers orbs trying to 6S a chest... yay...

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
You realise the average is 300 something to get 6 sockets?

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Pharnakes posted:

You realise the average is 300 something to get 6 sockets?

i heard between 200-300 is typical.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
300 seems to be the conventional wisdom; hence 350 for no-risk via Vorici.

In the nature of independent RNG, it's entirely possible for the bill to run into a thousand or more, mind you.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Didn't get my 7 points from the recent 1 Hour Headhunter event. Hopefully support can fix it. Fun event, my first time trying a Headhunter event. Assuming I get those points awarded, I'm 1/4 of the way to a Whispering Ice :v:

• Locked thread