Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Twiddy posted:

Buu is canonically less educated than Goku. That's actually kind of incredible.

Goku was taught by Roshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Universe 7 will lose because Earth swapping to Universe 6 allows for more writing opportunities and future fun times.

Also want to see tiny saiyan beat the hell out of Vegeta he won't take it well I know.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I

SirKibbles posted:

Also want to see tiny saiyan beat the hell out of Vegeta he won't take it well I know.

I feel like the saiyan will fight Nips

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So I finally read all of the latest manga chapters and... this is pretty drat charming. I really like the idea that Universe 7 ended up being sort of like the evil twin, after all the stuff we've seen. The goal of this manga was just to advertise the show, right? Reeeeally hoping they don't mess this up, cause this has a lot of potential.

edit: For the love of god, Trunks, change your outfit. No one your age should be wearing overalls.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jan 29, 2016

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I want to know what they space oracle actually says to bulma because I doubt it's "lol you got saggy titties biatch"

Or maybe Toriyama was making weekly tube show all along idk

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Elfgames posted:

nah after their 4th gets knocked out berrus will argue for goku to be brought in again and he'll win i'm guessing either cabbage or chilly willy is the final fighter.

Goku and Vegeta will argue that there's an entirely separate fighter who also passed the test. Gogeta appears, gently caress the hell yes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

visceril posted:

I want to know what they space oracle actually says to bulma because I doubt it's "lol you got saggy titties biatch"

Or maybe Toriyama was making weekly tube show all along idk

He probably said she's got saggy tits with an insult like hag or whatever, these translators just like to add swearing.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Goku and Vegeta will argue that there's an entirely separate fighter who also passed the test. Gogeta appears, gently caress the hell yes.

They'd rather let champa win than fuse again

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Remember that aside from personal pride none of the Z-fighters particularly care which Universe they end up in. The only real worry would be Beerus losing his temper.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
That strikes me as really odd, considering they don't seem to have Dragon Balls in Universe 6, since Champa didn't seem to realize Planet Namek had them in 7.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Momomo posted:

That strikes me as really odd, considering they don't seem to have Dragon Balls in Universe 6, since Champa didn't seem to realize Planet Namek had them in 7.

Maybe nameks didn't survive the drought or whatever that catalyzed piccolo being sent to earth.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Maybe, but Champa seemed pretty unattentive.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

visceril posted:

They'd rather let champa win than fuse again
That was Vegito sir.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I feel like we have a higher chance of Vegito simply because the manga made a point of showing useless kai and kibito defusing with the dragon balls

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That plot point is conspicuously absent in the anime though and as they'd used the Namekian Dragon Balls to do that but in the anime, they've been used by the Z crew to revive Piccolo so it might have been a manga only thing.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Remember that aside from personal pride none of the Z-fighters particularly care which Universe they end up in. The only real worry would be Beerus losing his temper.
I would not be surprised in the slightest if they lose the tournament and we get universe swapped, would give them a whole host of new opportunities/shenanigans. Especially with the Saiyan race alive and kicking, biggest loss would be the namekian planet I guess but who cares.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Only use we've had for namek is backup dragon balls anyway.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

There might well be an arc in the new universe but I doubt the cast will leave the original one for good, there's enough 'Goku is a bad dad' jokes around as it is without him abandoning his family to go live in another dimension

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

A Steampunk Gent posted:

There might well be an arc in the new universe but I doubt the cast will leave the original one for good, there's enough 'Goku is a bad dad' jokes around as it is without him abandoning his family to go live in another dimension

The entire earth is being moved (because that gives Champa ready access to some really good food) so it's not a problem either way.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

The entire earth is being moved (because that gives Champa ready access to some really good food) so it's not a problem either way.

Ah okay, that makes a little more sense. It'd be a good way to shake things up if they want to keep the franchise going on past Super I guess

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

"Going past Super"? We're on episode 29 of a 100+ series. And it's a tournament arc, at that. There's no way in hell this is how Super ends, so there'll be something that happens after this, and keeping everyone in Universe 6 seems like the easiest way to bring new threats considering Goku and Vegeta have already surpassed by far everything else on Universe 7 apart from Beerus and Whis.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

"Going past Super"? We're on episode 29 of a 100+ series. And it's a tournament arc, at that. There's no way in hell this is how Super ends, so there'll be something that happens after this, and keeping everyone in Universe 6 seems like the easiest way to bring new threats considering Goku and Vegeta have already surpassed by far everything else on Universe 7 apart from Beerus and Whis.

Fair point. I'm waiting on the (hopefully cleaned up) dub, I didn't realise they'd covered so much ground in a relatively short amount of time

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The tournament itself could easily be 30-40 episodes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They aren't going to lose, this universe swapping is the stakes, nothing more.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Super Bluray comparisons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltKWe-jpgDE Bluray version of the fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKF_uU6poNM In Motion Comparison

Kild fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 29, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Wow that is a pretty big improvement. Like only one frame was the same but it was probably an in between.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 29, 2016

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
So I noticed GT was on Hulu and decided to give a couple of random episodes a go. People had set my expectations so low that I expected to actually be pleasantly surprised. I was totally prepared to be *that* guy who went around explaining how GT isn't all THAT bad.

Yeah. That didn't happen...

On the upside, I now appreciate Super/the new movies a lot more now.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

readingatwork posted:

So I noticed GT was on Hulu and decided to give a couple of random episodes a go. People had set my expectations so low that I expected to actually be pleasantly surprised. I was totally prepared to be *that* guy who went around explaining how GT isn't all THAT bad.

Yeah. That didn't happen...

On the upside, I now appreciate Super/the new movies a lot more now.

How far did you get?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm feeling masochistic today, so I'm watching the first episode of GT myself.

• The OP's romantic lyrics are very unfitting for a show about Goku's adventures with his own granddaughter.
  • There's a separate set of Dragon Balls in Kami's place that were never mentioned before? Or is that just where the regular Earth Dragon Balls happen to be at the moment?
  • Mr. Popo Japanese VA is terrible.
  • So they are a separate, superior set, created by Kami when Piccolo Sr. was still part of him...but doesn't that mean Dende would have had to re-make them for them to still exist? So wouldn't they be tied to Dende's power, and only be as strong as the regular Dragon Balls? Unless they stuck around due to Piccolo Jr. and Kami being fused, but it's weird that Kami kept talking as though the normal ones were the only set Earth had.
  • Pilaf and Mai don't look very good old.
  • Does Uub thanking Goku for "staying with" him for years mean that Goku left his family to live with Uub for years while training him? More Goku being a bad dad, heh.
  • I do like that Mai fully expects Pilaf's plan to be interrupted by something.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 31, 2016

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I only got about 20 some episodes into GT in the last couple of months before losing interest.

I still want to go back and finish it eventually, but man is it some bad Dragon Ball. It's a shame because I do remember the TV movie actually being pretty decent, as well as the actual last episode that I saw on TV as a kid for some reason.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I tried to watch it last year, but stopped after Trunks got married to Namazu for some reason. Considering the point I left, that was the canon ending for that series.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
More GT liveblogging:

• Goku confirms that he has, in fact, not been home in years.
  • Maybe it's just the translation, but Pilaf's "wish" wasn't even phrased as a wish or command. The red dragon is just being a jerk.
  • Even King Kai is surprised that the Black Star balls still exist. I guess Kami putting them inside the Temple kept them in stasis?

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 31, 2016

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Best part of GT is Vegeta being a lovely dad.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Rirse posted:

I tried to watch it last year, but stopped after Trunks got married to Namazu for some reason. Considering the point I left, that was the canon ending for that series.

The actual ending is even dumber

Silver2195 posted:

More GT liveblogging:

• Goku confirms that he has, in fact, not been home in years.
  • Maybe it's just the translation, but Pilaf's "wish" wasn't even phrased as a wish or command. The red dragon is just being a jerk.

Ah gently caress I'm staring at the hulu screen, gently caress it GT liveblog :bandwagon:

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I really hope I never soften and give GT a shot. The two and a half episodes Ive seen and the complete summary I read in some angelfire page in the early 2000s is good enough for me

You guys are doing the lords work

the culminator fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 31, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
  • Pan's boyfriend is creepy. How much older than her is he supposed to be, anyway?
  • Those are some absurdly well-armed bank robbers.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

the culminator posted:

I really hope I never soften and give GT a shot. The two and a half episodes Ive seen and the complete summary I read in some angelfire page in the early 2000s is good enough for me

You guys are doing the lords work

I was a kid when I first watched it so I want to see how much worse it is given my lower tolerance for garbage now

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I went to watch the final battle with Omega Shenron because I figured
OKay

This has to be their shining moment. This has to be the best thing from GT. Let's go!

Going off of that, Omega Shenron is one of the weakest Dragon Ball villains ever. Like, legitimately weaker than loving Piccolo Sr. Dude can't even blow up a city!

By that point Kid Buu could casually blow up planets- yet even when he's totally hosed and has no options, Sheron can't do jack poo poo.

His full power blasts can't even destroy a roller coaster track! It just blows up tiny parts of it what the actual hell! Nappa could do more than this fucker

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
STEP INTO THE GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR DRAGON BALL GEE TEE

My memories of GT are Pan being frustratingly terrible, Goku's sexy oiled baby body, General Dildo, Babby and his stupid designs, Trunks being way lamer and shitter than Z future Trunks, and Vegeta's moo-stache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The idea behind the Shadow Dragons is really cool though, and actually gives Dragon Ball a very appropriate thematic ending.

From what I hear the execution is just as bad as the rest of GT though.

• Locked thread