Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yooooo JO, certainly a surprise to learn that from this thread, but great news regardless!

Sincerely hope you keep getting lots of support dude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I always enjoyed JO's videos, even though I don't really care about anime, because they came across as a cool person, so best of luck!

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Yeah JO, I know I've been a bit gruff with you at times, but as far as I'm concerned you're the anime critic with the best head on their shoulders. And not just because you have the Correct Opinion on FMA: Brotherhood.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
We usually criticize content instead of creators here, or recommend criticisms of content, but apparently the Fine Bros. went full baka-gaijin recently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ9DTCgkIs4

I'm kinda schizo on NFKRZ myself. Here's a video he did about the BOB/flat earth slapfight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFV4X9WBvrM When he's funny he's pretty funny and on the mark. Sometimes he just falls so flat though.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

DeusExMachinima posted:

We usually criticize content instead of creators here, or recommend criticisms of content, but apparently the Fine Bros. went full baka-gaijin recently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ9DTCgkIs4

I really liked the part when he said the Fine Bros. are "pretty famous for being loving Jews and loving huge rats on the Internet."

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Congratulations, Jacob! I'm really happy for you! :)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

FourLeaf posted:

I really liked the part when he said the Fine Bros. are "pretty famous for being loving Jews and loving huge rats on the Internet."

:lol:

The bitching about the trademark or whatever is super overblown. They're just licensing their series. They're not gonna go after Joe Random's lovely scarecam recording of them screaming over every video they watch.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Hey Jacob! *raises glass* Here's to all your hopes and dreams!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Congratulations JO. I hope you're happy and I wish you all the best. Keep being awesome :buddy:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Congrats. One question, though: is it Jake or Jacob?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Senerio posted:

Congrats. One question, though: is it Jake or Jacob?

According to his twitter, either works.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Jsor posted:

The worst of all fates?

If only.

"Jacob? OMG, I love Twilight too!"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

lornekates posted:

If only.

Man, why didn't you post that 35 minutes ago.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

lornekates posted:

If only.

Yes, this is the actual worst.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

DStecks posted:

[I Can't Feel My Face] absolutely won't, Todd has nothing positive to say about The Weeknd

:smug:

I'm happy that you can get that weight of you, Jacob. I also hope that the ANN forums don't get (even more) lovely over this.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Wow, congrats JO. Hope this all goes well for you.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

BigRed0427 posted:

Wow, congrats JO. Jacob this all goes well for you.
Fixed. :smug:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

FourLeaf posted:

:same:

Bear in mind, he is Russian, although I haven't seen him actually being racially hateful or anything besides a stereotypical FPS gamer. Like it or not it's interesting to see other "critics" from other places besides the West and what content they like to target.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

DeusExMachinima posted:

I'm kinda schizo on NFKRZ myself. Here's a video he did about the BOB/flat earth slapfight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFV4X9WBvrM When he's funny he's pretty funny and on the mark. Sometimes he just falls so flat though.

My favorite reaction to this Fine Bros. news is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRYnOPJiTaA

Also, I wish all the best for you JO!

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

DeusExMachinima posted:

:same:

Bear in mind, he is Russian, although I haven't seen him actually being racially hateful or anything besides a stereotypical FPS gamer. Like it or not it's interesting to see other "critics" from other places besides the West and what content they like to target.

Yeah, very "interesting." I was wondering if you'd try to defend it that way. I just HAVE to link this video guys, what else can you expect from those loving Russians am I right? :godwinning:

Also last time I checked calling someone a "loving Jew" for being greedy and equating Jews to rats is "actually being racially hateful," ~like it or not~

VVVV Next time you should just gently caress off. VVVVV

FourLeaf fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 31, 2016

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

I'll throw in a trigger warning next time.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Congrats jake, now come post in That Japanese Game From Japan You Like Is Totally Anime, What You Like Is Anime

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

This news about Jake comes not long after a friend revealed himself as trans as well, so now I can only conclude that there is some sort of epidemic of dudes happening.

Congratulations on your official public dudeness. Please enjoy and may you encounter few complete assholes over it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
incoming "Jacob instead of Jesus?" comment.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

FirstAidKite posted:

Congrats jake, now come post in That Japanese Game From Japan You Like Is Totally Anime, What You Like Is Anime

Has it gotten good or is it still trying way too hard to be like fyad-senpai?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

watho posted:

Has it gotten good or is it still trying way too hard to be like fyad-senpai?

The latter.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tired Moritz posted:

incoming "Jacob instead of Jesus?" comment.

I started writing, but then thought better of it.

Hope everything goes awesome!

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Not much to say except to add to all the love. Go get 'em Jacob!

LFK
Jan 5, 2013

Puppy Time posted:

some sort of epidemic of dudes happening.

Witty joke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E

Same joke, but with a thread appropriate twist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-rGMUK_Hkk

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

DeusExMachinima posted:

I'll throw in a trigger warning next time.

hahaha i get it because some people don't want to listen unambiguously hateful slurs slung at underprivileged minorities by scumbags to get a point across and that's funny because I don't need to deal with the consequences of things like that so... hey, why is everyone looking at me like i'm a total creep???

Mad Lupine posted:

My favorite reaction to this Fine Bros. news is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRYnOPJiTaA

Also, I wish all the best for you JO!

This is fantastic, tho. Mega64 rings eternal when it comes to effortlessly throwing topical shade.

And yeah, rock on, JO. Your confidence is enviable and I hope the crazy amount of support for you never wanes.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Moartoast posted:

hahaha i get it because some people don't want to listen unambiguously hateful slurs slung at underprivileged minorities by scumbags to get a point across and that's funny because I don't need to deal with the consequences of things like that so... hey, why is everyone looking at me like i'm a total creep???

Well you see he's from Russia and discrimination against Jews is common in Russia, so it's okay. Same way we give a pass to Southerners for using slurs for black peope.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

WickedHate posted:

:lol:

The bitching about the trademark or whatever is super overblown. They're just licensing their series. They're not gonna go after Joe Random's lovely scarecam recording of them screaming over every video they watch.

Yeah, the "React" they're trademarking is the youtube/react url and channel title, not the word as used in a video title or the concept of filming people responding to things. I hope they didn't get ownership of any of those people in their videos, though. I like that one bald old guy.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

WickedHate posted:

The latter.

*Checks the rap sheet*

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

Yeah, the "React" they're trademarking is the youtube/react url and channel title, not the word as used in a video title or the concept of filming people responding to things. I hope they didn't get ownership of any of those people in their videos, though. I like that one bald old guy.

They've locked him in a cage and feed him only kale now

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

I'm kinda sad looking at the episode listing for Tropes vs Women S2, seeing that it's all going to be dead-obvious stuff; but I'm even sadder knowing that that's where games are at. Extra Credits did an episode about "True Female Characters", but it's pretty clear that Anita would be very happy with female characters being written the same as male ones because that would be a major step up from being a collection of sex pixels who exist to get murdered so the player can get revenge.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

DStecks posted:

I'm kinda sad looking at the episode listing for Tropes vs Women S2, seeing that it's all going to be dead-obvious stuff; but I'm even sadder knowing that that's where games are at. Extra Credits did an episode about "True Female Characters", but it's pretty clear that Anita would be very happy with female characters being written the same as male ones because that would be a major step up from being a collection of sex pixels who exist to get murdered so the player can get revenge.

Honestly, her problem is that it's like she only plays games she doesn't like. She should play some Atelier games or something.

emeriin
Feb 1, 2015
She recommends quite a few games she likes on the Feminist Frequency twitter.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Tropes VS Women S3 should guest star Renata Salecl and be as philosophically dense as possible just to catch the reactionaries off-guard.

Oh, and congratulations Jake.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Honestly, her problem is that it's like she only plays games she doesn't like. She should play some Atelier games or something.

you are a cartoon man, from a comic strip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

boom boom boom posted:

She should play some Atelier games or something.

...You being serious? :anime:

• Locked thread