Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

Eponine posted:

The Canadian dollar is tanking. A Canadian dollar is worth (more but still) 25 cents in the US.

I'm the IoSM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!

quote:

As somebody who lives the paleo/keto lifestyle, it takes work and effort to find enough fat in our grocery stores. They have low-sodium, low-fat bacon on the shelves now. For fucks' sake.

Right, all those grocery stores in 10,000 BC. Go hunt a wild boar with a sharpened stick, ya pansy.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Can't that person just buy a can of lard or duck fat

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
That, and I can't think of any food products with a 'low-fat' version that don't also sell a regular-fat version.

Just buy the normal bacon, genius.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Parasol Prophet posted:

That, and I can't think of any food products with a 'low-fat' version that don't also sell a regular-fat version.

Just buy the normal bacon, genius.

A lot of candies and other sweets label themselves as Low Fat(because they're almost pure sugar).

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

A lot of candies and other sweets label themselves as Low Fat(because they're almost pure sugar).

but it's 99% fat free :downs:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Why don't they just buy a tub or stick of lard and eat that?

Though I'm sure they're just shopping at Whole Foods expecting somehow to find high fat foods.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Thin Privilege posted:

Though I'm sure they're just shopping at Whole Foods expecting somehow to find high fat foods.

I think someone in the original low carb thread managed to make a soup of rendered beef fat and lard I think it was. Called it healthy because low carb!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Unless the TvTropes thread ever comes back, I think that LOB is going to stay crazy. A beautiful, wonderful, insightful crazy.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

DemeaninDemon posted:

I think someone in the original low carb thread managed to make a soup of rendered beef fat and lard I think it was. Called it healthy because low carb!

Was this the same thread where goons found out what a sky-high cholesterol level is?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Arcsquad12 posted:

Unless the TvTropes thread ever comes back, I think that LOB is going to stay crazy. A beautiful, wonderful, insightful crazy.

Whatever happened to those anyway? Did TVTropes just stop being funny or were goons just touching the poop too much?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Thin Privilege posted:

The older Barbies were only a reflection of the culture of the time. Now we see the shift in our culture from the nuclear family, values and expectations, to the state funded decentralized family structure.

DemeaninDemon posted:

I fail to see how making everyone dependent on the state is "decentralized."

Alright ya goof, I'll bite. The term "decentralized" would apply to the structure of the contemporary family. Believe it or not, a LONG time ago, we used to have a thing called healthy family relationships. People want to have a purpose. People want to feel needed. People want to know they are a part of something greater than themselves. And the nuclear family structure fulfilled those needs well. Men had a role, women had a role, sons and daughters too. Well, without a need to change, how can the government convince us to give them more power? So they began instituting social reforms that would fix one thing and break another. To the point where many people don't know where they belong. They don't know their purpose, or value. That is where we are at today. Dumb fucks everywhere are so stupid, selfish, and shallow that they have actually made a huge loving joke of themselves. We know they are loving morons, we know they are valueless. But what can we do about it. How can we fight back. Sit tight cause I'm going to loving tell you. We. Do. Not. Play. Their. Game. We lift, we learn, and if we decide to have a family, we do not allow stupid poo poo like "fat Barbie" a place in the minds or hearts of our children.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Nuebot posted:

Whatever happened to those anyway? Did TVTropes just stop being funny or were goons just touching the poop too much?

I think that since troper tales was killed off, the TVTropes thread was basically an endless cyclical dissection of the "greatest hits" of tropers. It got pretty injokey and stupid in the thread with no new material incoming, and that sort of musty environment bring in the anime goons. Had to burn it. Burn it all.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I think also people were getting creepy and internet detectivey, which doesn't work out so well.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
In general you can't mock the exact same insular userbase forever, there comes a point where you become sadder than your object of obsession.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Finally, what I've always wanted! A weapon that's probably banned under the Geneva convention!

oldpainless posted:

The kardashians are in the news literally 5 or 6 times a week.

MTV's 60 Second celeb update doesn't count as news.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

As standards erode, even Barbie gets fat

Say goodbye to aspirational standards of beauty.

Great advice, thanks.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 08:54 on Jan 31, 2016

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Like, oh my Goooood! Like, why can't black people just get over slavery? It like, happened sooooo long ago. I'm over it, why can't THEY get over it?! I'm so NOT racist though...

:downsgun:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lady Naga posted:

In general you can't mock the exact same insular userbase forever, there comes a point where you become sadder than your object of obsession.

saddest

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Counter-point:

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
don't bring a rock to a knife fight

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Laserjet 4P posted:

don't bring a rock to a knife fight

Nothing beats Rock.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
pokemon tells me that paper does

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
not The Rock though. He'd kill that paper so fukken fast.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I approve of the new thread title.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Posted with a complete lack of self-awareness by someone who thinks we shouldn't let refugees into Canada and all Muslims are evil and have to change their ways.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Picnic Princess posted:

Posted with a complete lack of self-awareness by someone who thinks we shouldn't let refugees into Canada and all Muslims are evil and have to change their ways.

I feel like a lot of the "White Pride" people are now going to "Love your heritage" because it's a much better dog-whistle. Not to say that all the "Love your heritage" people are totally racist, but the image of a conventionally attractive aryan woman along with that message seems like it's geared toward this idea of the purity of the white race.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
It's about heritage not hate.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thin Privilege posted:

There's a ton of high fat food at Whole Foods. They have a whole cheese section!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Picnic Princess posted:

I believe it's spelled Volk.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Picnic Princess posted:

They're abandoning the 14 words and adopting these 21 new ones.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Scarf posted:

They're abandoning the 14 words and adopting these 21 new ones.

Or, if this image was directed to an African-American pretty much any non-white audience , "You are who you are because of our ancestors and our folk."

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I feel like if it were directed a non-white audience they probably would not have used a super pale girl with white-blonde hair.

Of course, he's still voting Trump.

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 19:34 on Jan 31, 2016

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
"Bankster" is one of those secret key words that help you realize it's safe to ignore whatever that person has to say

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
Maybe it was directed to Rachel Dolezal, but judging by the garb and jewelry on the lady in the photo, I'm guessing it was posted during yet the billionth Tribal vs. Folkish debate among the the Heathen/Asatru/Theodish community.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

subpar anachronism posted:

I feel like if it were directed a non-white audience they probably would not have used a super pale girl with white-blonde hair.

Of course, he's still voting Trump.

I have seen people sharing a news story that "The Rotshchild-owned American Media" has a complete blackout on Iceland's having "forgiven all debt in the country," with specific instructions on how to google to find out about it. If I see it again I'll get a screenshot.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Did Iceland really have a strong recovery?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

Did Iceland really have a strong recovery?

They tanked pretty hard when the international money players said "ok fine gently caress you then" in response to their shenanigans. It hurt them a lot in the short term but in the long term...well...

Right now Iceland is actually ahead of where they were before the crash. They not only completely recovered but are growing. It turns out that giving the major banks the finger, throwing white collar criminals in jail, and refusing austerity was, in fact, the right answer.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ok, so the macro is correct. Thanks.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

oldpainless posted:

Ok, so the macro is correct. Thanks.

the IOSM is he posted the Macro but is still voting for Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

into the void
Feb 13, 2011