Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Baal posted:

Part 6 would've been infinitely better if Diavolo was just in the background randomly yelling at
at multiple points

I kinda liked the world reset at the end of Part 6 just so those few characters could get freed from their eternal hells, then almost immediately Magenta Magenta gets stuck in a river until he stops thinking ...

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Sorry, Diavolo's now stuck as an EXP grinding spot in 7th Stand User. He will never be free

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Baal posted:

Part 6 would've been infinitely better if Diavolo was just in the background randomly yelling at
at multiple points
There's an untranslated SBR doujin out there where Diavolo just pops up during random parts of the race just to die again.

His first appearance is the carcass Pocoloco uses to drift.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

alcharagia posted:

lol polnareff is a turtle

That was what I spoilered for you earlier. Poor pol.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

That was what I spoilered for you earlier. Poor pol.

I mean, he never actually went up the stairs. We all knew he would be stuck serving Dio's bloodline forever.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Why was Giorno Dio's son again

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

alcharagia posted:

I mean, he never actually went up the stairs. We all knew he would be stuck serving Dio's bloodline forever.

Harsh, but fair

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

alcharagia posted:

Araki probably ran out of places to shove in extra Joestars, but still wanted the main character to somehow be connected to the previous parts.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

alcharagia posted:

At least now he's Giorno's...what, fifth dad?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

alcharagia posted:

araki thought 'wouldn't it be cool if a jojo was technically a jojo because he's the son of a vampire who stole the body of the original jojo'

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jonathan did you lay this egg?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

to be real here, most of jojo's can be summed up as 'araki thought it would be cool if this happened' and i respect that

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Johnny Joestar posted:

araki thought 'wouldn't it be cool if a jojo was technically a jojo because he's the son of a vampire who stole the body of the original jojo'

it would've been cool if giorno was cool imo

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

alcharagia posted:

it would've been cool if giorno was cool imo

It is kind of annoying when the protagonist is given the least interesting Stand in the group

Giorno's not all bad though :cry:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
oh he's fine he's just not protag material. good thing he had professional cool dude bruno buccellati around who was very protag material

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Bad Seafood posted:

There's an untranslated SBR doujin out there where Diavolo just pops up during random parts of the race just to die again.

His first appearance is the carcass Pocoloco uses to drift.

I now wish that each part of the Corpse was actually just a piece of Diavolo from another death.

Ticket to Ride's space bending could be like King Crimson skipping time chunks to bring it closer, and Love Train's repulsion-of-bad-poo poo could be a remnant of GER's fuckery on him

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
I'd like to see what Part 5 would've been like if it had more luggage frogs.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

alcharagia posted:

oh he's fine he's just not protag material. good thing he had professional cool dude bruno buccellati around who was very protag material

Man, you're gonna love Steel Ball Run.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

My issue with part five is that gold experience had almost no concrete limits on the things it does, it just keeps getting more powers because

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I'm going to turn this rock into a missing chunk of my face, including my eye, and slide it back into my face with no repercussions.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The worst irony of Polnareff is that his soul is stuck in a vessel with no bathrooms.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I'm pretty sure that GE got healing powers just because Araki realized that someone needed a healing power or he wouldn't be able to beat the poo poo out of his protagonists.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

If you replace all the components of a gangstar with concrete and bullets until none of the original components remain, are they still the same gangstar?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
IMO when Gio dies/died his stand powers go with him so his body crumbles into whatever poo poo he used to repair it over the course of part 5 and also all the people he helped have their legs and poo poo turned back into rocks and planks of wood.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wonder if giorno could make a clone of himself with his stand

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Cabinet posted:

IMO when Gio dies/died his stand powers go with him so his body crumbles into whatever poo poo he used to repair it over the course of part 5 and also all the people he helped have their legs and poo poo turned back into rocks and planks of wood.

If it takes more than a couple of years, haven't all the atoms in the subject's body been completely replaced?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

drat, joseph has a case of hank hill rear end going on

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

FirstAidKite posted:

Probably, but you know. Whole bunch of ethical questions.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

If it takes more than a couple of years, haven't all the atoms in the subject's body been completely replaced?

I think that's cells (so...I guess atoms too, yeah) and that's about every seven years.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

drat, joseph has a case of hank hill rear end going on

that's the rear end tomoko just HAD to have. God dammit tomoko

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's a good rear end

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for a clown. at the circus.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

If all the cells/atoms in someone's body gets replaced every 7 years, how do tattoos work?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's extremely dumb and poo poo that Gold Experience is a better healer than Crazy Diamond.
It's also dumb that Stone Free can heal too, though it's not as effective as CD.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I give more leeway to Stone Free, Jolyne simply knew how to sorta patch someone up due to having been in a gang and uses the abilities to shittily stitch someone. IIRC a few times this means that the recovery is very slow and painful, though yeah at some point she's just effectively a regular healer.

Thinking back, I think Crazy Diamond and Soft & Wet are the most interesting Stands by quite a lot, their main logical use is rad and the bullshit they pull with that is awesome yet very believable unlike stuffing eyeball bits on your face. Stone Free and Tusk are also rad and all, but CD and SPW are the raddest.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm surprised you take more grievance with jolyne healing than foo fighters healing

Jolyne's at least kinda makes sense cause she's more or less stitching herself up with her own skin, but foo fighters is just like "gently caress it, shove some plankton in there youre good"

Really jotaro and johnny are the only jojos who didn't have healing powers in some way, and even then jotaro was able to use his powers to heal kakyoin and polnareff of their fleshbuds and reviving joseph, and johnny had access to the power of the zombie horse to help him too

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's extremely dumb and poo poo that Gold Experience is a better healer than Crazy Diamond.

Where'd you get this impression? As far as healing people went, they seemed mostly the same since the world works on bullshit time, but Crazy Diamond could also fix objects.

To be honest, I didn't have a big problem with Gold Experience. It randomly lost two of the abilities it started with, but he never really "gained" any other powers, he just used the ones he had in a different way, and I thought it was kind of clever. After he realized he could heal, he doesn't gain anything until he uses the arrow, which was meant to be an "I WIN" button to begin with.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Zeruel posted:

If all the cells/atoms in someone's body gets replaced every 7 years, how do tattoos work?
The work of an enemy stand.

Momomo posted:

Where'd you get this impression? As far as healing people went, they seemed mostly the same since the world works on bullshit time, but Crazy Diamond could also fix objects.

To be honest, I didn't have a big problem with Gold Experience. It randomly lost two of the abilities it started with, but he never really "gained" any other powers, he just used the ones he had in a different way, and I thought it was kind of clever. After he realized he could heal, he doesn't gain anything until he uses the arrow, which was meant to be an "I WIN" button to begin with.
You could make the argument that Giorno can heal himself, but Crazy Diamond's still much more capable with its healing powers if you're not considering self healing.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

that's the rear end tomoko just HAD to have. God dammit tomoko

いぶしぎんおSEXUALITY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's also dumb that Stone Free can heal too, though it's not as effective as CD.

Gold Experience isn't supposed to heal you and it hurts like a bitch when you use it that way, so I'd say the manga (and myself) is siding with Crazy Diamond as the better healer. Given the choice, I'd take CD any day.

If you're talking about Giorno bringing Bruno back to "life", then it's shown that he's not really "alive" and he's more like a spirit using his dead body to walk around. Jotaro's whole "no one can truly bring someone back to life" statement still stands. Unless, you know, you're Joseph but whatever.