Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

CrazyTolradi posted:

If you happen to do a thesis, you're going to remember the topic because you're basically making that thesis your life for a very long period of time. You don't have a vague topic like "Oh it's international marketing"; a thesis is usually pretty targeted and specific.

And probably know more about the topic then stumbling through, "And I think we actually um... implemented, like, new visas and stuff." Was her thesis on the effects of these changes on international marketing? no, because she didn't do a thesis.

If you were going to lie about a masters degree why not just say it was a masters by coursework, and not research?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

Take one for the 'verse, commando

ok i'll do it

my estimated release date is december 2016, so i'll start doing it june 2018

here's my patreon

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
when you write a thesis you are literally the expert on a very specific topic of all human knowledge. sandi can speak for no more than a broken sentence on her topic. a failed australian actress is literally living a multi-millionaire lifestyle in santa monica only because she is just that talented

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

stinch posted:

https://www.cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs

Most of the posted dates are quite old so you would have to hope they often just forget to remove the jobs when they fill the position.

Otherwise if they are still looking to fill all those engineering positions I can't see how we will even see a release by the end of next year.

According to the thread's own insider, all of those positions are vacant. Their reputation is so toxic they have great difficulty hiring.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

when you write a thesis you are literally the expert on a very specific topic of all human knowledge. sandi can speak for no more than a broken sentence on her topic. a failed australian actress is literally living a multi-millionaire lifestyle in santa monica only because she is just that talented

Let's not forget that the best businesswoman in the world since she was a little girl who has several degrees met Crobber while working as an intern.

Maybe it is normal for someone with her experience and training to take an entry level job at a small time production company, I dunno.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

alphabettitouretti posted:

Let's not forget that the best businesswoman in the world since she was a little girl

Still can't believe she actually wrote this. How damaged do you have to be to actually write this in actual customer interactions?

Would be interesting to know if she actually believes her own hype (or Chris')

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i guess if through repeated experience you leaned that you can say literally anything to anyone ever and any person that tries to gainsay you would have their lives instantly ruined i guess it might become a bit more clear how a right-thinking person could write such adolescent lies and expect to be taken very seriously. or maybe not i don't know i'm not the best marketing person of all time and have been since i was a small child.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Wuxi posted:

Still can't believe she actually wrote this. How damaged do you have to be to actually write this in actual customer interactions?

Would be interesting to know if she actually believes her own hype (or Chris')

Narcissists believe their own hype 100%. Probably thinks all the people who say mean things about Fart Shitizen are just jelly and don't understand the groundbreaking movie/game they have created

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Berious posted:

Got around to listening. Was some interesting stuff about game development. Shame it wasn't longer
i enjoyed listening to it too. Derek was pretty laid back and I think that's to the good. While I usually crack up at "Derek off the handle" appearances when he visits shows (Like Open House) I think he's ultimately going to win more hearts and minds in Dr. Jekyll mode.

The one thing I kept thinking was "He better have recorded his Goon DeYadda track by now!"

Seriously Derek, this is turning into this thread's "Star Marine". Don't worry about your ill phonics; Bootcha will deal with the merge issues. Do your part for the cause, Citizen!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3zFxPrFuOc

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Looks like a completely normal stimpire vessel to me

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Necatus posted:

Tried transcribing the interview she gave where she discusses some of this... gave up at the 37 minute mark though, there was just too much bullshit to handle.
http://pastebin.com/h1GFd2E9
it's a headache trying to distil all this but I get the impression the advice of "You're not cut out for a PhD" was really her lecturers giving her a warning that she wasn't that crash hot in the first place and shouldn't take on an intensive course which she would have failed and added thousands to her university debt.
Her bachelor in science means at best she would be a researcher in a lab, processing data coming in from the field. She might get some on site work (scuba diving isn't that hard to get) but it's not swimming amongst the whales like you're bloody Ocean Girl.

She's also mistaking a business degree with an MBA. Much of what she is going on about looks more like she read the course overview on a website - you study international business, not do a thesis on that topic. If you did it would be a very narrow topic related to international study : how to better use technology for international meetings, or something like that.

Scholarships are really only awarded if your grade average across the board is either credit or distinction. You also have to apply for it under very tight rules and keep that level of achievement up during the scholarship. An "offer" in her book might have had simply been a letter saying "do you want to apply for this scholarship, go here and take a test".
She's pushing a lot of ordinary into special snowflake territory.

Her dean's merit letter alludes to her trying to start out in the medical field in a different university, but she didn't finish. Also she has no thesis listed in the archives of where she went to study marine biology.
I get a "too cool for school" vibe from her which suggests she's struggled with keeping afloat in class and if she did any studies beyond her science Bachelor, she likely dropped out growing bored - or basically thinking a career as an actress was a faster path to success.

So around 2003, she tried to get into acting, mostly working as a model bouncing between Sydney and LA as far as her visa allowed, which gave a nice shine to the image of being a glamorous globe trotting model. Then picking a copmany name from the top of the list gets job as an intern for Ascendant Pictures around 200/5..

Despite working amongst a reasonably active production company she didn't manage to score any roles on any of the features they make so therein lies the curious question of how an intern gets her hooks into a failed producer who wants to relive his glory as a game developer wunderkind from 1992 twenty years on.

I suspect Roberts must have been feeling pretty sore after the collapse so anyone who is around to lavish praises on him likely wins his heart. Just Sandi clearly sees an opportunity that she never had before and takes it with relish growing from cheerleader into cheer-leech.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF posted:

i enjoyed listening to it too. Derek was pretty laid back and I think that's to the good. While I usually crack up at "Derek off the handle" appearances when he visits shows (Like Open House) I think he's ultimately going to win more hearts and minds in Dr. Jekyll mode.

The one thing I kept thinking was "He better have recorded his Goon DeYadda track by now!"

Seriously Derek, this is turning into this thread's "Star Marine". Don't worry about your ill phonics; Bootcha will deal with the merge issues. Do your part for the cause, Citizen!

Please don't force me to make bad Derek Smart MLP gifs, Mr Smart

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

implying that sandi attained everything she has today from a willingness to gently caress literally anything is sexist and creepy and i hope every goon is banned

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Hahaha, look at this thread full of idiots. You guys don't even understand the development process. Chris Roberts is a visionary and SQ42 is going to be the biggest hit ever and you will all be eating your own words. No other company provides such an open development process for the public to see and due to ignorance you all think their actions are indicative of failure. Well here's a giant knowledge drop for you: every development studio on this earth has delays, feature cancellations, and scope readjustments, and employee turnover over time.

While you are all being ignorant CIG is busy with their heads down making the best space sim while turning the publisher model of making games on its head and revolutionizing the games industry at the same time.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Ah, there it is. They've successfully simulated the space madness.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

quote:

therein lies the curious question of how an intern gets her hooks into a failed producer who wants to relive his glory as a game developer wunderkind from 1992 twenty years on.

Just a thought but they might actually love each other.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

WebDog posted:

it's a headache trying to distil all this but I get the impression the advice of "You're not cut out for a PhD" was really her lecturers giving her a warning that she wasn't that crash hot in the first place and shouldn't take on an intensive course which she would have failed and added thousands to her university debt.

University debt isn't a problem in Australia as you only have to make repayments if you earn over $50,000AUD inside Australia per financial year. Also, while there are plans to change this, any money you earn in another country doesn't force you to make any repayments (as of yet, anyway).

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 31, 2016

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

for all of you who are genuinely concern of Ben's health, this was during June 2014 when Wingman's hangar was replaced by this poo poo show called AtV.

he used a helmet cam to show the office around much like Eric Peterson does during Wingman's hangar.

if you can hear it, Ben is already out of breath, panting very hard just by climbing up the stairway.

CIG if you are reading this, Ben is basically a disabled blob. you should provide elevator/lift for him if your new office is above one floor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ70Cmsx63A&t=96s

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

Just a thought but they might actually love each other.

Lizard people are incapable of your human emotion love

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

EminusSleepus posted:

for all of you who are genuinely concern of Ben's health, this was during June 2014 when Wingman's hangar was replaced by this poo poo show called AtV.

he used a helmet cam to show the office around much like Eric Peterson does during Wingman's hangar.

if you can hear it, Ben is already out of breath, panting very hard just by climbing up the stairway.

CIG if you are reading this, Ben is basically a disabled blob. you should provide elevator/lift for him if your new office is above one floor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ70Cmsx63A&t=96s

lol jesus christ all those tables are from that expensive furniture site. every single one. i believe each of those tables cost 1.2k + or something iirc

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok so are ships in reality like warped people and this bug is just trying to turn the human model into one of the ships?

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

Berious posted:

Lizard people are incapable of your human emotion love

There is no way that Chris is a lizard person.

With his build? Definitely a mole person

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

WebDog posted:

So around 2003, she tried to get into acting, mostly working as a model bouncing between Sydney and LA as far as her visa allowed, which gave a nice shine to the image of being a glamorous globe trotting model. Then picking a copmany name from the top of the list gets job as an intern for Ascendant Pictures around 200/5..

Despite working amongst a reasonably active production company she didn't manage to score any roles on any of the features they make so therein lies the curious question of how an intern gets her hooks into a failed producer who wants to relive his glory as a game developer wunderkind from 1992 twenty years on.

I suspect Roberts must have been feeling pretty sore after the collapse so anyone who is around to lavish praises on him likely wins his heart. Just Sandi clearly sees an opportunity that she never had before and takes it with relish growing from cheerleader into cheer-leech.
This is the same impression I've had every since listening to Sandi's convoluted and bizarre answer to the "where did you meet Chris?" question on that older Batgirl interview. It's such a cliche but it's hard to see it another way.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

There is no way that Chris is a lizard person.

With his build? Definitely a mole person

We've already been over this, he's an escapee from ToonTown.

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

What is it with these people and the nicknames? Derek Smalls, Goonies (tm), are they this lame when they speak in real life?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

G0RF posted:

This is the same impression I've had every since listening to Sandi's convoluted and bizarre answer to the "where did you meet Chris?" question on that older Batgirl interview. It's such a cliche but it's hard to see it another way.

Sandi has a far more complex and darker history than has been talked of. She is independantly wealthy and from a rich and privalleged background.
To expand on this however is to enter creepy land.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

EightAce posted:

Sandi has a far more complex and darker history than has been talked of. She is independantly wealthy and from a rich and privalleged background.
Is she a celebrity pusher?

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

And probably know more about the topic then stumbling through, "And I think we actually um... implemented, like, new visas and stuff." Was her thesis on the effects of these changes on international marketing? no, because she didn't do a thesis.

If you were going to lie about a masters degree why not just say it was a masters by coursework, and not research?

Because she doesn't know that is an option, because she never went to grad school

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

WebDog posted:

Her bachelor in science means at best she would be a researcher in a lab, processing data coming in from the field. She might get some on site work (scuba diving isn't that hard to get) but it's not swimming amongst the whales like you're bloody Ocean Girl.

She's also mistaking a business degree with an MBA. Much of what she is going on about looks more like she read the course overview on a website - you study international business, not do a thesis on that topic. If you did it would be a very narrow topic related to international study : how to better use technology for international meetings, or something like that.

Scholarships are really only awarded if your grade average across the board is either credit or distinction. You also have to apply for it under very tight rules and keep that level of achievement up during the scholarship. An "offer" in her book might have had simply been a letter saying "do you want to apply for this scholarship, go here and take a test".
She's pushing a lot of ordinary into special snowflake territory.

Her dean's merit letter alludes to her trying to start out in the medical field in a different university, but she didn't finish. Also she has no thesis listed in the archives of where she went to study marine biology.
I get a "too cool for school" vibe from her which suggests she's struggled with keeping afloat in class and if she did any studies beyond her science Bachelor, she likely dropped out growing bored - or basically thinking a career as an actress was a faster path to success.

Is this a professional threat assessment? I just wanna be clear

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Someone just went full retard.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

hahaha

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The animations are not forced because you press the USE button.
gently caress. Holy gently caress I think I am having a stroke.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

this is a pretty special person

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

SelenicMartian posted:

The Derek generator is still good
“RSI agrees to use its good faith business efforts to deliver to play a vet. It can’t complete in Nov 2014."

:birddrugs:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

A Neurotic Jew posted:

checked back on this.

http://www.twitch.tv/supremetokyo/v/38887857

Go to 30:38

A good quote for when anyone says that they are holding back alot of content.

I sometimes wonder if Disco isn't just trolling CIG from the inside.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

EightAce posted:

To expand on this however is to enter creepy land.

Yeah it's creepy, it shouldn't be on SA since we're just here to point and laugh. Just keep that stuff on the other forum.

Besides, the questions about Sandi's work and educational history aren't new. From Derek's dox thread You need a Platinum account to view this message

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

Kegslayer posted:

Yeah it's creepy, it shouldn't be on SA since we're just here to point and laugh. Just keep that stuff on the other forum.

Besides, the questions about Sandi's work and educational history aren't new. From Derek's dox thread You need a Platinum account to view this message

Dude, ix-nay on the atinum-play. They're going to figure out where they are at this rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I sometimes wonder if Disco isn't just trolling CIG from the inside.

If he's had 35 jobs are whatever like he said I very much doubt he gives a gently caress about anything.

• Locked thread