Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Playing assassin for the first time since my time in the china version and drat does it feel good with low ping. Your left click comes out so much faster. Some of the things have changed a bit from what I remember, I dont think they had this dark blade attack before and I dont remember so much focus on lightning before. Also playing FM and SMN first made me forget how punishing it is to try and kill multiple mobs without good aoe or sustain. I nearly died to some training dummies with the assassin because I screwed up the pull, got stunned and almost murdered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

UchihaHirou posted:

I'm farming up the Misty Wood set now, what should I be looking to get after that? Skittering Tunnels?

Misty Woods set right now is the best you can get, for both PVP and PVE. You end up with 40k+ HP with the stuff on.
Blackram Supply set is also pretty good for PVE, just needs a bunch of crit shields fused into it to make you crit a lot. Note that the Blackram Supply set is most likely going to be 'obsolete' by the next major maintenace, when more 45 dungeons are added.

Pre-Misty Woods / Blackram Supply though, the Moonwater Hero sets are pretty good as well. Don't be that guy who goes into 45 dungeons or Blackram Supply with 14k HP as a 'tanking' class because you didn't get the Moonwater Hero set while not having either of those two sets already (some pubs rage about this and will even drop party due to it).

mightygerm posted:

No.

edit: the profession of leveling soul shields should be
Stalker Wheel > Viridian Valor > Cinderlands Valor > 2nd tier Cinderlands Valor or Pinchy Wheel > Profane Wheel

the other wheels (deva, lycan, etc) have defensive stats or are just not that good compared to the above.

If you're after the soul shield collection achievements though, you have to equip the soul shields at least once for it to count. Those people are probably where the market for unsealing charms lie, but that's if they're crazy enough to farm up the relevant soul shields.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

UchihaHirou posted:

I'm farming up the Misty Wood set now, what should I be looking to get after that? Skittering Tunnels?

Dokumo isn't worth getting at this point. Use misty woods for faction pvp, Purple Blackram for pve. Meld with crit from the green shields you get from Blackram.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Karistar posted:

Pre-Misty Woods / Blackram Supply though, the Moonwater Hero sets are pretty good as well. Don't be that guy who goes into 45 dungeons or Blackram Supply with 14k HP as a 'tanking' class because you didn't get the Moonwater Hero set while not having either of those two sets already (some pubs rage about this and will even drop party due to it).

Also don't be the level 30 summoner who queues for level 45 dungeons with 3k HP and insists that you're a support class.

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here

Clarste posted:

Well, what problems are you having with it exactly? I just did it just now.

Landmine -> explode it -> hit Tab -> Landmine (or whatever it is) -> explode it -> then do shadow dash...stomp never comes up. User error Im sure.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

UchihaHirou posted:

The dokumo set will leave you with very low HP. You want to work on the purple blackram set, but a better set is coming in 10 days with bloodshade harbor.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nhilist posted:

Landmine -> explode it -> hit Tab -> Landmine (or whatever it is) -> explode it -> then do shadow dash...stomp never comes up. User error Im sure.

Stomp only comes up when they're knocked on the ground. You explode the mine after you switch places with tab. Unless you mistyped this, you're exploding the mine early.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The queue time for Windstream is a bit extreme. I think I need premium to really ply but at least I wanna try it out.

e: Ill do it on a different server. Also, the splashlogo takes forever to go away and actually boot up the game. Anyway to do that faster?

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here

Clarste posted:

Stomp only comes up when they're knocked on the ground. You explode the mine after you switch places with tab. Unless you mistyped this, you're exploding the mine early.

Exactly, reading is hard it would appear, I just completed it, thanks Clarste :)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nhilist posted:

e- Already answered. I think I tripped up like twice too

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here

Cao Ni Ma posted:

e- Already answered. I think I tripped up like twice too

Right, like I said, it would help if I would read exactly what it told me to do and do it, oh well three bloody mary's and gaming (well are fun) but it cuts into your skills ;)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Yo dudes can I score an invite for Gifs on Mushin? Thanks in advance.

Magile
May 20, 2008

crew posted:

Yo dudes can I score an invite for Gifs on Mushin? Thanks in advance.

Get to the point where you pick your Faction first.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Can we play on a new EU server maybe as well? I am playing on Highland Gate, but can't make a clan yet.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong?

I'm wearing my faction uniform, and I've killed some NPCs and some players. I'd like to increase my rank from Initiate. I go to the Prestige Exchange Merchant. It says I have am an Initiate, with 100 Faction Contribution Points. It won't let me exchange anything or increase any ranks, and I can't gain any more "points".

Been looking online for hours and nobody else seems to have this problem.

* How do you rank up from initiate if this isn't the way it's done?
* Why can't I exchange points?
* How do I get over 100 points? I've been capped for days.

Edit: This is what I see every time I go to this merchant. I have had 100 points capped forever.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 31, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

You rank up automatically from faction contribution points, you don't need to exchange them. What that guy is doing is offering to exchange Prestige Points for faction contribution, which is the fastest way to earn it. You get Prestige Points for killing players or NPCs with a little number under their health bar, if you're not too high level. You lose all Prestige Points when you die (and your killer takes them), so it's a bit risky. You also lose them from taking off your uniform, so remember to turn them in.

You can also get faction contribution from doing daily quests.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 31, 2016

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

Clarste posted:

You rank up automatically from faction contribution points, you don't need to exchange them. What that guy is doing is offering to exchange Prestige Points for faction contribution, which is the fastest way to earn it. You get Prestige Points for killing players or NPCs with a little number under their health bar, if you're not too high level. You lose all Prestige Points when you die (and your killer takes them), so it's a bit risky. You also lose them from taking off your uniform, so remember to turn them in.

You can also get faction contribution from doing daily quests.

Where can I see my Contribution points? And why can't I exchange my 100 prestige points for faction points there?

Edit: I see that I have 100/200 Contribution points, and 0 prestige points. But I've been stuck at 100/200 Contribution for days.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 31, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

You don't have 100 prestige, you have 0 (which is the little number at the bottom, next to the blue circle). You have 100 contribution like you thought, which is essentially just faction XP. At a guess, you're not earning any more because you've outleveled the daily quests that were giving it to you.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

Clarste posted:

You don't have 100 prestige, you have 0 (which is the little number at the bottom, next to the blue circle). You have 100 contribution like you thought, which is essentially just faction XP. At a guess, you're not earning any more because you've outleveled the daily quests that were giving it to you.

I just verified - I completed another daily quick quest with my faction in the Crimson Command Post in Scorching Sands. The quest was supposed to award 20 Faction Contribution Points. Quest complete.

My contribution points are STILL 100/200. No matter what I do (PvP, killing NPCs, doing faction quests), I'm stuck at this random cap. This is getting insanely frustrating.

Any idea?

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 31, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Thursday Next posted:

I just verified - I completed another daily quick quest with my faction in the Crimson Command Post in Scorching Sands. The quest was supposed to award 20 Faction Contribution Points. Quest complete.

My contribution points are STILL 100/200. No matter what I do (PvP, killing NPCs, doing faction quests), I'm stuck at this random cap. This is getting insanely frustrating.

Any idea?

Well, my idea was that you outleveled it, and I can't tell if that's been tested since I don't know what level you are.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Clarste posted:

Well, my idea was that you outleveled it, and I can't tell if that's been tested since I don't know what level you are.

Level doesn't matter for turning quests in.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

Jaroslav posted:

Level doesn't matter for turning quests in.

Correct. I should still be getting points from these daily quests, as far as I can tell. For what it's worth, I am 38 now. I have been stuck at 100/200 contribution points since level 24.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Just stop worrying about it until you get to 45 and then you can do a couple Razorwing Ravine dailies and get to the next rank and then you'll be doing MIsty Woods dailies forever for Soulstones anyway and you'll climb in rank fairly fast.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

cathead posted:

Just stop worrying about it until you get to 45 and then you can do a couple Razorwing Ravine dailies and get to the next rank and then you'll be doing MIsty Woods dailies forever for Soulstones anyway and you'll climb in rank fairly fast.

That won't work if I remain capped at 100. I'm not really excited about putting more time into this if there's a bug here.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Thursday Next posted:

That won't work if I remain capped at 100. I'm not really excited about putting more time into this if there's a bug here.

Welp, dunno what to tell you. Try the Razorwing Ravine dailies when you get there and see if they get you contribution.

linall
Feb 1, 2007

cathead posted:

Welp, dunno what to tell you. Try the Razorwing Ravine dailies when you get there and see if they get you contribution.

That or put in a support ticket. NCsoft is incompetent, so it'll probably take them a week or so to address it, but I'm sure it'll get sorted eventually.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Looking for an invite to the Mushin guild character name is Beorce.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

linall posted:

That or put in a support ticket. NCsoft is incompetent, so it'll probably take them a week or so to address it, but I'm sure it'll get sorted eventually.

I put in a support ticket, but my problem also suddenly and mysteriously resolved itself when I rebooted my computer (yes, I am aware how insane that sounds). I have no idea why a reboot would fix the issue. I turned in one quest in Cinderlands before rebooting, and was stuck at 100. Then reboot, log back in, turn in the second quest, and now I'm at 120.

So... problem solved, I guess?

Thank you goons. Back to punching blue people.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 31, 2016

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Is warlock not being released on the 10th?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Doesn't look like it. The stream I linked a while ago implied it by saying "very very soon" and that they just need to toggle it on. The latest stream just said "Soon, but we're not ready to say when". Which sure sounds like no, combined with the previews so far not mentioning it at all.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Thursday Next posted:

I have no idea why a reboot would fix the issue.

Computer reboots fix all, apparently. When in doubt, reboot!

RobertDanger
Dec 4, 2003
Here comes danger!

I can't seem to find anyone from the first post who invites on the Mushin Guild. My ingame name is Heerui. Can someone invite me? I am on blue side.

arjung
Jul 8, 2010

Beo posted:

Looking for an invite to the Mushin guild character name is Beorce.

Also looking on mushin, name is Arjun

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
If you want an invite please make sure that you are a) of the blue faction and b) you have decline clan invites turned off.

Thanks!

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Hy_C posted:

Is warlock not being released on the 10th?

We've still got another content update ortwo bwtween us and Warlock. I figure they want the economy to settle a little.

We HAVE all the triggers on existing characters for a Warlock's party ability, Soulburn. So it really is just a flipped switch.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Maybe its something they learned from the staggered releases elsewhere but I find its interesting how they were able to release a title with character updates and a lot of the core quality of life improvements the game has while still being just a few patches content wise ahead of the korean launch.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Speaking of strange bugs, did anyone else get the issue where in the tutorial when it asks you to use a healing tonic, you didn't get one? It blocks all progress, even tried deleting the character and remaking and still getting the same bug. A quick google search finds a reddit thread with someone complaining about the same but no solution.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

Speaking of strange bugs, did anyone else get the issue where in the tutorial when it asks you to use a healing tonic, you didn't get one? It blocks all progress, even tried deleting the character and remaking and still getting the same bug. A quick google search finds a reddit thread with someone complaining about the same but no solution.
They made a change last patch that moves it to the 8 slot by default, wonder if that's causing some issues. Try pushing it even if it's not visible and see if that helps?

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
I have a question about crafting professions. Do they actually become worthwhile to make money at level 3? Right now I profit maybe 2 silver on each Bell I make, which seems very lackluster. On future characters I'm tempted to just do gathering exclusively if there is a relatively clean way to move stuff between characters (mail, etc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Amante posted:

They made a change last patch that moves it to the 8 slot by default, wonder if that's causing some issues. Try pushing it even if it's not visible and see if that helps?
Pressing 6 or 8 both gives the "Item does not exist message". The weird part is that the game thinks something was put in my inventory, as I got the "new item" highlight on an empty slot. Hopefully they'll fix it pretty soon, having a progress blocking bug in the tutorial is pretty weak.

Also, at what level are marketplace and chat restrictions lifted for non-premium players? The latter I can live without, but I got extremely unlucky at the Jiangshi boxes and thus can't upgrade my weapon until I can either get a weapon off the marketplace or save up money for more keys, which at level 13 are pretty expensive.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 31, 2016

• Locked thread