Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Ularg posted:

People say that Final Fantasy Record Keeper does but it was awful when I played it. I don't think those developers even had a UI person on their team because it was miserable.

GoH is truly one of a kind, for me anyway.

FFRK is made by DeNA IIRC, the same folks that made the once-great Transformers Battle Tactics, which I loved... Until it started catering a lot more to the whales.

Switched to GoH about 3 weeks ago, and loving it since, although I feel like I'm going a bit slow. Have barely spent any crystals or anything, which I think is wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So for those wondering about FOTP. FOTP with 1* does 2,000 Normal and 3,000 Crit with his basic attack. And his special can go up to 5,000 damage with a crit. He's incredibly good even this low.

As for uses with crystal, spend it on energy refills for campaign as long as it costs 50 crystals. You can get two campaign refills for 50 crystals each before it starts asking for 100 crystals. Cantina will start out at 100 crystals for one refill then increase from there. So the way to make best use of your crystals early on is to simply do two campaign refills a day, that should equal the amount of crystals you're earning if you do all your daily challenges.

Man, I wish when you borrow another players leader that their power level equaled at least your weakest member. A 1,700 power Kylo was doing 400 damage... FOUR HUNDRED. Might as well not have him. Same with Dooku. I don't know how Dooku kicks my rear end so much when I fight him, because even a 3,000 power Dooku I've borrowed has done poo poo for damage.

Hey... you guys want some Royal Guard?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm thinking of using Dooku as my arena leader in a few days once I hit 70 and start to catch up a few characters. Anyone used him as an arena leader yet?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Sjonkel posted:

This is one of the first time I've been even a little invested in a mobile game. Are there other Android games that are similar to Galaxy of heroes and play as well as it does?
I play both this game and Summoners War and there are a ton of similarities. SW is a very established and polished game with a lot to do. There's not a lot of reason to spend money on SW though, because they give out cyrstals at a pretty good clip.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

I just realized my team power gives me absolutely no reason to be the rank I am. This is the first day I've started playing after reset and not been able to take my spot back in the 500s.

Man, those other teams are scary. The teams using Chewie are always hiding something, and the ones using the more weirder leaders means that guy has a bunch of super powerful bought characters on his team, no doubt.

A look at my team right now,

I just ranked up Sid, I'm really close to ranking up Phasma and I'm back to farming up Geonosian Soldier after unlocking a Magma Guard Droid for the achievement (so close to darth vader, sooo close). My Arena/GW/Dark Side team is now all in their legendary gear levels. Funny enough Talia still has more power than Old Daka. And really Old Daka hasn't really been that well for me with the revives and stuns.

I really need to decide on what I want my light team to be. I want to clear out all of the light/dark side campaigns but those have gotten incredibly hard recently.

You really need to be rocking Phasma lead if you're going to properly abuse Daka.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
That's what I like so much about them though. I think GoW has to be one of the best fremium games out there to give you the premium currency so frequently. I've made it a rule to never spend money on F2P games unless I've gotten a crazy amount out of them. I think GoW is one of the few that I probably would. Never thought I'd recommend a phone game to people.

Chilichimp posted:

You really need to be rocking Phasma lead if you're going to properly abuse Daka.

Yea, of course that's who I lead. But man my luck hasn't been good. Rarely get Phasma procs. And I don't ever get Daka to stun someone unless they are already about to die.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm in hell just trying to keep a top 100 Arena spot. I went up against two different teams in a row with the exact same roster: Sid/Poe/Geo/Daka/Phas and got totally rocked each time. One team had Sid leading, the other had Phas, but it hardly made a difference in the end.

First battle, Poe got revived THREE times and was too much of a pain in the rear end to even attempt to burn down the decked-out Daka.

Second fight, 4/5 of the opponent's team went before a single member of my team and burned down my Daka before the fight even began. Poe then exposed 3/4 of my remaining team, and you can probably guess how it all turned out. What a shitshow.

edit: I'm running Phas/Daka/Talia/Luke/Sid. Gotta get myself a Geo.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Seeing a lot more Poe/Poggles around in both Arena and GW. Also a shitload of 7 star Greedos for some reason (he's pretty nasty actually) with Biggs some times too. For those that don't know, both Biggs and Greedo comes with some bonus/assist attack poo poo that's a real pain, they hit for good damage and got a lot of health too.

At high level, arena fights (and GW to a point) comes down a lot to the random dice roll of who goes first, especially if Poe/Daka/Poggle is involved. Leaving it up to Nuffle wether you lose 1/2 people in the first turn before you can do anything is just bad design.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 31, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Today was the easiest GW ever. I started it last night, so I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure I didn't retreat once. I didn't lose a single member until the last fight. I'm really not sure what happened, cause usually about the 3rd or 4th from last fight is insanely difficult.

Also, thanks to Sunday awesomeness (well, really just GW and Bounty), I was able to afford the Luke upgrade to 7*, making him my third. Now I just need to get him and Lumi to G8. They're both down to just one item, and they both take forever. However, if you are just getting started, I'd honestly probably only take Luke to 4 or 5 stars. He doesn't seem to have scaled all that great, and instead you should start farming Kylo. I feel like Kylo is SO much better than Luke. Crit up stuns are great, but, I think Kylo has more health and damage, at least, from what I've seen.

I really like having FO Stormtrooper for the Tank challenge, but I just noticed something really lovely about him, and generally any counterattack that applies a status debuff. If it's someone's turn, the debuff will be removed (if it's a 1-turn debuff) or lose one turn on it. It seems like because their hero just attacked, the debuff should be active until their next turn. Except for Healing Debuff, generally debuffs are removed at the start of a hero's turn (before they do an action), so it doesn't make sense that a counterattack debuff can be removed after.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

:L posted:

Edit: figure I'll ask another question while I'm at it. With ny current line up, which character(s) should I be focusing on upgrading first?
For Arena, always focus on your DPS above all other characters (Geo Soldier, Luke, IG-86 types), a lot of the game is whether your DPS stats beat the enemy team's stats. Get them to max gear for your level first, keep them at max level if you're struggling for training droids or money and can't keep your whole team there, if shards are equally available devote them to your DPS.

Pimpmust posted:

Seeing a lot more Poe/Poggles around in both Arena and GW. Also a shitload of 7 star Greedos for some reason (he's pretty nasty actually) with Biggs some times too. For those that don't know, both Biggs and Greedo comes with some bonus/assist attack poo poo that's a real pain, they hit for good damage and got a lot of health too.

At high level, arena fights (and GW to a point) comes down a lot to the random dice roll of who goes first, especially if Poe/Daka/Poggle is involved. Leaving it up to Nuffle wether you lose 1/2 people in the first turn before you can do anything is just bad design.
His basic attack is like 3rd strongest in the game, he has a crit buff and basically self-assists off of crits 50% of the time. An assist that always calls a DPS character would be great, right? I seriously think he is undervalued, he's uniformly worse than FOTP with the HP bug, and worse than a lot of DPS in Poe teams (where his mediocre HP [better than some other DPS] and Evasion buff don't matter and his slow speed makes it bad) but what else are you doing with your arena shards after Sidious? Or before Sidious, in my case.

kaschei fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 31, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

kaschei posted:

For Arena, always focus on your DPS above all other characters (Geo Soldier, Luke, IG-86 types), a lot of the game is whether your DPS stats beat the enemy team's stats. Get them to max gear for your level first, keep them at max level if you're struggling for training droids or money and can't keep your whole team there, if shards are equally available devote them to your DPS.

His basic attack is like 3rd strongest in the game, he has a crit buff and basically self-assists off of crits 50% of the time. An assist that always calls a DPS character would be great, right? I seriously think he is undervalued, he's uniformly worse than FOTP with the HP bug, and worse than a lot of DPS in Poe teams (where his mediocre HP [better than some other DPS] and Evasion buff don't matter and his slow speed makes it bad) but what else are you doing with your arena shards after Sidious? Or before Sidious, in my case.

I'm getting Asajj. Assuming they fix her second ability, she'll be really strong.

HK-47, IG88, and Ackbar are, I think, all better choices than Greedo.

e: Also, I remember yesterday seeing someone say something about Poe not being fast (after just unlocking him) - Gear level is how you get your speed up. Speed is REALLY important in arena, and part of why Poe is too good right now. Once you get gear level to 7, you'll notice a huge power spike out of him. That said, I'm leaving him at 5 stars and then deciding what to do with him AFTER the next patch.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 31, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

If they just buff Asajjs base speed by like... 10 she'd actually be pretty decent. That and/or fix the speed-meta so high-speed heroes don't get quite the "goes twice-for-every-turn-of-yours" thing on top of going first in battle and being able to take out 1-2 enemies in their first turn (honestly that advantage alone is a pretty big deal without also having a massive #turns per battle advantage).

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Pimpmust posted:

If they just buff Asajjs base speed by like... 10 she'd actually be pretty decent. That and/or fix the speed-meta so high-speed heroes don't get quite the "goes twice-for-every-turn-of-yours" thing on top of going first in battle and being able to take out 1-2 enemies in their first turn (honestly that advantage alone is a pretty big deal without also having a massive #turns per battle advantage).

Yep. I'm leveling her now just to see what that stuns on main attack looks like on actual DPS char (Even though she's classified as support). Dark side team with phasma leader, daka, and her stunning it up is fun.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

She doesn't stun that often but yes, it's nice when it happens. She got a real good kit but is seriously hampered by the speed issue and the poor proc chance on her buff remover.

Unrelated, but the pool of non-friend list allies gotta be game-generated, because I got a 3 star Darth Vader to go along with me... at lvl 66. I don't think you can even get a 3 star Darth Vader. Feels like the whole ally system is buggy, it's rare these days that I get more than 2 real friend allies to pick from and once those "run out" it's just these crap random generated 2-3 star ones.

e: Bumped into Jedi Luke again at the second Jedi Anakin hard battle and jesus christ he can still rip my ace team a new rear end in a top hat with 3 attacks for every move of mine :gonk:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 31, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Pimpmust posted:

Unrelated, but the pool of non-friend list allies gotta be game-generated, because I got a 3 star Darth Vader to go along with me... at lvl 66. I don't think you can even get a 3 star Darth Vader. Feels like the whole ally system is buggy, it's rare these days that I get more than 2 real friend allies to pick from and once those "run out" it's just these crap random generated 2-3 star ones.

Yeah, I've seen things like that too. I think it's game generated, and I think it gives them a gear and ability level of 1. The only thing you can get out of them is a decent leader buff.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
Keep refreshing the list by backing out and trying again, usually something decent will pop up. The main reason you don't find any good Ally heroes, especially for DS, is that if you're running Phasma and Sid in your main team it won't show them from your friends, and those are far and away the 2 popular team leaders everyone uses. I have a couple people running HK as a lead so that's nice but yea the system stinks.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I feel like they didn't spend much time planning out gear leveling for this game. Everyone needs like 100 Sorosubs to get through L7 and L8, which is several times what anyone needs for anything else. So goddamn frustrating.

On a sidenote -- has anyone tested which of the levels that drop MK IV Sorosubs have the best droprate?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

They haven't tested much to be quite frank. There is quite a bit of laziness going on with this game. They are milking it hard because of Star Wars. If it wasn't for the IP, this game wouldn't be even close to the top 100.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
IG-86 shards for the daily logins now in Feb? Eh, better than Cad Bane for me I guess since you never even got enough to unlock Cad Bane, but pretty useless at this point. Good for new people without good dark side teams though.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Malgrin posted:

I feel like they didn't spend much time planning out gear leveling for this game. Everyone needs like 100 Sorosubs to get through L7 and L8, which is several times what anyone needs for anything else. So goddamn frustrating.

On a sidenote -- has anyone tested which of the levels that drop MK IV Sorosubs have the best droprate?

Yea there is a huge imbalance in who needs what type of purple gear (ex. the mk 4 keyboards are WAY more important than the mk 5), and it's not reflected at all in the challenges. It makes zero sense to only have 1 challenge give out top tier purples, and that being not the purple people really need. And then other challenges give out almost worthless purples (mk 4 guns).

As an aside they could really extend playability on this game by just making Sundays every day, I don't think having all of the challenges open every day would speed up progress enough to imbalance the grind, adds content without doing anything, and is a goodwill gesture to everyone.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

needing to do the tank challenge 5/day to keep up might make me quit

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

kaschei posted:

needing to do the tank challenge 5/day to keep up might make me quit

Haha well they are optional for a few extra pieces of gear so you can pass if you want, I know that one is hard due to lack of tanks and tank damage. But I also thought about dropping the gear challenges to 3/day if they are open all week to being them in line with the other ones, and slightly rebalancing some of the other ones like the ability mats so you don't flood the market with lvl 3s etc. Just a thought!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

Haha well they are optional for a few extra pieces of gear so you can pass if you want, I know that one is hard due to lack of tanks and tank damage. But I also thought about dropping the gear challenges to 3/day if they are open all week to being them in line with the other ones, and slightly rebalancing some of the other ones like the ability mats so you don't flood the market with lvl 3s etc. Just a thought!

Of all the challenges, the Tank challenge does the least for you, but, if you want to do it, get FO Stormtrooper (easy to farm 25 shards from hard mode), red dude and Chewie to level 45-50, and then Poe to level 60 or higher. With those 4, this mode is easy. FOS slows Windu, Chewie, Red, and Poe all reduce his turn meter. I've actually killed him without him getting a turn. Red's buff is also huge...removes Windu's debuff. Just focus fire Windu and burn him down fast. Also, there's always a risk that one of the droids will give Windu a speed up -- but guess what? FOS gives him a speed down debuff to counter that. Additionally, you can juggle him between Chewie and Poe's taunts.

e: I've got 2* L45 G4 Guard, 5* L65 G8 Poe, 5* L51 G5 Chewie, and 2* L47 G3 FOS.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 1, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

I have a decent-leveled Finn that I pulled on like my second or third day of the game that has carried me through that challenge, his special can Stun and Expose Mace and his basic deals okay damage. For the longest time him, Chewie and RG handled him, just recently being aided by under-leveled and geared Poe and Fives. Damage is still a problem, but I'm never in danger of not completing the mission, it just runs slower than the others.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Malgrin posted:

Of all the challenges, the Tank challenge does the least for you, but, if you want to do it, get FO Stormtrooper (easy to farm 25 shards from hard mode), red dude and Chewie to level 45-50, and then Poe to level 60 or higher. With those 4, this mode is easy. FOS slows Windu, Chewie, Red, and Poe all reduce his turn meter. I've actually killed him without him getting a turn. Red's buff is also huge...removes Windu's debuff. Just focus fire Windu and burn him down fast. Also, there's always a risk that one of the droids will give Windu a speed up -- but guess what? FOS gives him a speed down debuff to counter that. Additionally, you can juggle him between Chewie and Poe's taunts.

e: I've got 2* L45 G4 Guard, 5* L65 G8 Poe, 5* L51 G5 Chewie, and 2* L47 G3 FOS.
I have Plo instead of Poe but the rest of the lineup. The problem is that only FOSt does damage so killing 2 JCs 2 Clone Lt. takes a long time, and on auto-fight tanks are too loving dumb to just kill people. Plo helps because his AoE resets the droids' time gauge. I can autofight win like 1 in 10 times, and if I play it manually it takes all day but 1 in 10 times FOst takes too much damage in the first two levels and Mace happens to one-shot him and the other three useless characters would take like 15 rounds to kill him if they got really lucky with turn meter reduction procs the whole time.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't know if I should bother with the 100 shards for the last star of Sidious. That's a goddamn lot, especially since I never earn more than 400 Arena shards a day, which is really dumb. You really should be gaining arena shards every time you win a match, not just at the designated "Here have your arena allowance don't spend it all in one place" time.

In Galactic War, is it true that the enemy teams are determined by the top 5 characters in your entire roster? That having the 5th best lower level means that more teams will be lower level? My top 4 (Phasma, sid, fotp, geo soldier) are all about 60-61, but Old Daka is at 56. Should I keep her there or level her up with the rest?

And whoever said that I just needed more gear to stop the AI Sid and Dooku from always going first, you are a liar! My entire team is in legendary gear ranks and AI sid from galactic war or arena still always go first. It's frustrating as hell when having to put in weakened/squishy characters only to get AOE'd by sid before they can do anything.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Ularg posted:

In Galactic War, is it true that the enemy teams are determined by the top 5 characters in your entire roster? That having the 5th best lower level means that more teams will be lower level? My top 4 (Phasma, sid, fotp, geo soldier) are all about 60-61, but Old Daka is at 56. Should I keep her there or level her up with the rest?

And whoever said that I just needed more gear to stop the AI Sid and Dooku from always going first, you are a liar! My entire team is in legendary gear ranks and AI sid from galactic war or arena still always go first. It's frustrating as hell when having to put in weakened/squishy characters only to get AOE'd by sid before they can do anything.
Your GW matchup is a combination of your highest ever Arena rank, and your top 5 characters, according to the devs. Yes having a lower 5th member will make your teams easier, I kept Daka at 53 all the way until 62 when she gets a +30%Potency gear slot and my god no more stun resists is so great. However now I have legitimately far harder teams to fight, and FOTP Phasma bullshit.

Re Sid going first: If they have the same speed and reach max at the same time, the game just does a coinflip to decide who goes first. If you want to be a real baby, you can just retreat and refight and select someone else during the opening animation of the fight and that'll re-do the RNG and maybe you'll win the flip that time. On the other hand, the AoE only does like 1.5k to everyone at that level and I'd far rather he did that than crit someone for 3.5k and leave the heal immunity debuff. Always check all your characters for a +speed item in a gear slot you haven't filled though, if someone else has that then they'll most likely beat you.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
GW is kind of weird for me now.

I'm level 68, place constantly first in Arena but yet the highest level teams I fight are 65 with the majority being low 60s.

I pretty much just attack normally and heal when needed to finish it.

I wonder if something changed since all the FOTP/Qui Gon/Leia death squads I use to face just straight out disappeared.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

oops wrong forum posted:

Yea there is a huge imbalance in who needs what type of purple gear (ex. the mk 4 keyboards are WAY more important than the mk 5), and it's not reflected at all in the challenges. It makes zero sense to only have 1 challenge give out top tier purples, and that being not the purple people really need. And then other challenges give out almost worthless purples (mk 4 guns).

Who the hell even uses the mk 5 laptops? They're given out in the Agi gear challenge, but all my guys want the mk 6 hypos, which are also agi items. I have level viii gear on 6 different people now and none of them want the mk 5 laptops.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Davethulhu posted:

Who the hell even uses the mk 5 laptops? They're given out in the Agi gear challenge, but all my guys want the mk 6 hypos, which are also agi items. I have level viii gear on 6 different people now and none of them want the mk 5 laptops.

I know the droids like mk Vs and a toon here or there but yea, would totally trade them in an instant for the hypos.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Ularg posted:

Hey... you guys want some Royal Guard?

I've had 4(!) unlocks from bronze cards in the last week. 4!

Pity the first three were Royal Fuckin' Guards. Thanks for the 21 shards for a poo poo character!

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Malkof posted:

I've had 4(!) unlocks from bronze cards in the last week. 4!

Pity the first three were Royal Fuckin' Guards. Thanks for the 21 shards for a poo poo character!

yea that's a kick in the balls. My Bronze Ima, Mace and Bariss are snickering at you!! (and hoping one day Jedi will be cool again)

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Jedi are good, just not free ones.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oops wrong forum posted:

yea that's a kick in the balls. My Bronze Ima, Mace and Bariss are snickering at you!! (and hoping one day Jedi will be cool again)

gently caress yoooooooou!!!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Zotix posted:

Jedi are good, just not free ones.
qgj is ok. free fisto and aayla from the paywall.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Now that QGJ hit 4 stars he's been put in my arena team and is doing pretty good, same HP as resistance trooper (6.5k ie none) but the Assist damage is just massive, especially proccing a double Daka attack since his ability's assist and Phasma's assist can both be the same person for two attacks. Kylo's been benched again for him, making all the Kylo farming seem like a huge waste of time.

Metos fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 1, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm thinking I'm gonna switch to a Dooku (L), QGJ, Luminara, Rey, Geo Soldier/ Phasma team and see how that goes. The only problem is Rey being 4*.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Fun times on the lunch break, 4X66, 6-7* teams in a row, Sid, Lumi, GS +IG86 and Dooku/JC combos. Last fight vs lvl 60-61 :iiam:

Did some more dev thinking and some procs they could add to make weaker chars better:
Counter block
Bonus Attack block
Assist block
Reverse effect passive, debuff/turn order fuckery? Opposite effect!
:iia:

To solve speed issue implement I go/You go, highest speed Only affects which 1 char goes first and internal initiative order, then it alternates between the two teams.
No entire-team-goes-first, no this guy takes two turns for every turn of yours.
Less entire team affecting turn order shuffling issues.

Capital games can pay me in unmarked bills :colbert:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Feb 1, 2016

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012

Malgrin posted:

e: Also, I remember yesterday seeing someone say something about Poe not being fast (after just unlocking him) - Gear level is how you get your speed up. Speed is REALLY important in arena, and part of why Poe is too good right now. Once you get gear level to 7, you'll notice a huge power spike out of him. That said, I'm leaving him at 5 stars and then deciding what to do with him AFTER the next patch.

That was me. Just got him to gear level 7, and now only my own Sid went before him, so a nice improvement! I have 2 or 3 gear slots that I can fill later today, so hopefully that'll make him go first. Still not sure if I should take him to 5 stars though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Zotix posted:

They haven't tested much to be quite frank. There is quite a bit of laziness going on with this game. They are milking it hard because of Star Wars. If it wasn't for the IP, this game wouldn't be even close to the top 100.
I think it's a bit of a red flag that there are dozens of characters that are literally not used by anyone. They could really stand to do a balancing pass to encourage people to make different team comps and give the underused guys a bump in power/leadership/whatever. But like you said it's a mobile game which means it's a flimsy cash grab

e: The truth is that in games like these, the devs truly want to make changes to the game to make it more fun and balanced, but they are eternally pressured/hamstrung by the publisher, who is out for nothing but revenue. There was a good discussion about this with the devs from Marvel Puzzle Quest, one of the most loathsome cash grabs ever made, but presented with a cool base game and license.

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 1, 2016

• Locked thread