Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Wow, who says low kill runs can't be fun? When you can make a guy kidnap himself while projectile vomiting every half minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Poil posted:

I had no idea you could possess people to remove wale oil tanks. But it does make so much sense. Except for the other guards not caring that one of them suddenly jerks up, starts shuffling towards the tank, removes the tank and then continues shuffling away out over a ledge and disappears.
They probably hated him anyway.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

I wonder if you can possess people in interludes....

Shame I never thought of that in the 6 or so times I played through this game.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Death Zebra posted:

I wonder if you can possess people in interludes....

Shame I never thought of that in the 6 or so times I played through this game.

You can. It disbands the resistance due to "irreconcilable differences."

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

You can. It disbands the resistance due to "irreconcilable differences."

Huh, I thought that was only a specific easter egg later?

I've been as vague as possible but I'll remove this if it's still going too far.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

iirc it's just the default message whenever you antagonise your allies - by throwing stuff at them, shooting them stabbing them etc.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

AlphaKretin posted:

Huh, I thought that was only a specific easter egg later?

I've been as vague as possible but I'll remove this if it's still going too far.

You can also get the irreconcilable hostilities message by shooting them with firebolts. All the other means of harming people just get the loyalist conspiracy has been disbanded message.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Basically anything that turns someone hostile will get you that message yeah

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
"The entire conspiracy is called off because someone wants to punch Corvo for being a dick."

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Dareon posted:

"The entire conspiracy is called off because our ace in the hole is attacking our own allies for fun."

I'd say that's fair enough. :colbert:

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Projectile vomiting and active pet potty training, this video has it all.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

and here i thought i was making a CLASSY production

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Coolguye posted:

and here i thought i was making a CLASSY production

what on earth gave you that idea?!

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Yeah, please don't LP Thief 4. Instead Coolguye should LP Mirror's Edge with live commentary.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Faith Connors is an rear end in a top hat

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
That's a pretty good thread title. Now, write an OP to go along with it.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

George posted:

Yeah, please don't LP Thief 4. Instead Coolguye should LP Mirror's Edge with live commentary.

I've already got Coolguye's celeb lined up for the next LP.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mirror's Edge kind of sounds like a "Coolguy is deathly ill but super bored while he's in quarantine" LP. :v:

Which, considering my terrible luck last year, sounds like something that could happen.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Bootcha posted:

I've already got Coolguye's celeb lined up for the next LP.

It's me I'm the celebrity. I'm going to be famous for killing a man by putting a bucket on his head and smashing it with a spoon for hours until he liquefies entirely.

That man will be Orv.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

With the current interludes as evidence, Orv will just use that to death warp into a wall and then start pulling guards into it like some glitch black hole.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just like the gypsy woman said. :stonk:

I have been slacking on my pulling the game apart, my bad. My next slaughter interlude will be just that, but I did in fact promise to break more projectiles and it'll happen. I just wanted to kill a lot of rich people.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Orv posted:

I just wanted to kill a lot of rich people.

A noble cause, to be fair, but somewhat lacking in spectacle.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Is there a mod that lets you literally eat the rich?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You can feed them all to rats without a mod, does that count?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
The projectile vomiting thing reminds me of Postal 2, where you can urinate into someone's mouth, causing them to vomit, and then decapitate them so that vomit fountains out of the gaping neck hole instead.

It's not nearly as good a game, of course.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I didn't see any mention of it in the thread, but did anyone ever release a mod or something that lets you view your mission stats mid-game?

I tried doing a ghost run of this game but had to give up after mission 2 or so because you ended up just keeping about 10 saves and having to go back and replay from each consecutive one until you found the spot where someone briefly saw you, and it was really unpleasant all around.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Really? The guards generally yell and/or fire when they spot you.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Generally, yeah. Sometimes you get detected though and there isn't really an outward indication you have. Most notable point with this is the very first mission. Avoiding notice by the guards on the wall after setting off the bomb is kind of a crap shoot, even if they don't start firing at you.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
A friendly reminder: dead people can't see you.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Brainamp posted:

Generally, yeah. Sometimes you get detected though and there isn't really an outward indication you have. Most notable point with this is the very first mission. Avoiding notice by the guards on the wall after setting off the bomb is kind of a crap shoot, even if they don't start firing at you.
Which is why the prologue doesn't count for the ghost and shadow achievements. I honestly don't remember having much trouble doing a no kill no spot run.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

High Chaos Update

Post-Royal Physician Interlude: Youtube Polsy
Lady Boyle's Last Party: Youtube Polsy

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
You seem to have forgotten to include the audio in the Youtube vids :v:

E: nvm it seems to be working now :confused:

Also great LP of a great game by the way, I had forgotten how much fun you guys are.

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 31, 2016

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
This is the best level in the game. Masque of the Red Death, and you're the reaper.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

E: nvm it seems to be working now :confused:
YOUUUUTUUUUUUUBE

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I don't remember if it has been mentioned yet, but Sokolov would probably suspect Piero to send the assassin since he's making the main (and only) competing elixir against the plague. And since Piero got kicked out of the academy or whatever he likely harbors resentment.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Orv posted:

The whale mask is almost exactly the shape of a Warframe helmet and it's really bothering me.
...huh.

I guess this is the Dishonorable Whale helmet now.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Poil posted:

I don't remember if it has been mentioned yet, but Sokolov would probably suspect Piero to send the assassin since he's making the main (and only) competing elixir against the plague. And since Piero got kicked out of the academy or whatever he likely harbors resentment.

Piero is indeed Sokolov's loudest critic so it would make sense. Sokolov is pretty aware that his lifestyle will eventually get him killed, I think he chases the Outsider in part so that he can avoid that fate.

Actually regarding Piero for a moment, anyone else get Nikola Tesla vibes from him? It didn't really hit me until the "obituary for Sokolov" thing, reminded me of the one Tesla wrote for Edison, only nicer.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

You skipped the second floor of the pub in the morning. :saddowns:

Leaving that for the low chaos intermission?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Death Zebra posted:

You skipped the second floor of the pub in the morning. :saddowns:

Leaving that for the low chaos intermission?

I completely forgot about that, but yeah Coolguy has to go there for his run so he can show it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Actually regarding Piero for a moment, anyone else get Nikola Tesla vibes from him? It didn't really hit me until the "obituary for Sokolov" thing, reminded me of the one Tesla wrote for Edison, only nicer.
Piero and Sokolov have a number of very obvious and I can only presume intentional Tesla and Edison parallels.

• Locked thread