Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

blue squares posted:

"Remember when Jeb Bush paid us tens of thousands to do nothing?"

I'm pretty sure door knocking college kids don't get paid by campaigns. All they'll have to show for this is some Jeb! Merchandise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

blue squares posted:

"Remember when Jeb Bush paid us tens of thousands to do nothing?"
I highly doubt they get anything except a share of the snack tray at local Jebquarters. Canvassers are given a list of likely GOP voters in a given precinct and they're told to go out and knock on these doors, place signs in strategic locations, distribute fliers, put out doorhangers if no one's home, then come back to headquarters when their list is done and they get to do it all over again until there's no more daylight. At least that's what these kids should be doing.

e;fb

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
"Oh, wow, I can't believe you still have this! This is that picture from the time we campaigned for Jeb Bush in 2020. Or was it 2016?." ~Those white kids in 30 years

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Full Battle Rattle posted:

"Oh, wow, I can't believe you still have this! This is that picture from the time we campaigned for Jeb Bush in 2020. Or was it 2016?." ~Those white kids in 30 years

It says 2016 in the picture multiple times you buffoon.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
has this been posted yet?

Trump campaign accused of sex discrimination by ex-staffer

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/01/us/politics/trump-field-organizer-accuses-campaign-of-sex-discrimination.html

quote:

Donald Trump Field Organizer Accuses Campaign of Sex Discrimination

DAVENPORT, Iowa — A former paid organizer for Donald J. Trump who was fired this month has accused his presidential campaign of sex discrimination.

Elizabeth Mae Davidson, 26, who was the Trump campaign’s field organizer here in Davenport, Iowa’s third-largest city, said in a discrimination complaint that men doing the same jobs were paid more and were allowed to plan and speak at rallies, while her requests to do so were ignored. She also said that when she and a young female volunteer met Mr. Trump at a rally last summer, he told them, “You guys could do a lot of damage,” referring to their looks.

Ms. Davidson, the daughter of the Republican chairwoman of Scott County, Judy Davidson, said in an interview last summer that she was urged to get involved by Trump aides who said his campaign needed young people, and that she first met the candidate when he visited Davenport in early 2015, before he announced his candidacy. When she asked him whom he might choose as a running mate, she recalled, he responded, “How about you?”

Asked after her complaint was filed if she would attend Monday’s caucuses, Ms. Davidson said she was not sure. “Some of the bad things about him I dismissed, because I was working for the candidate,” she said. “Now I’m more critical, especially how he treats women.”

Could be trouble for trump? I don't have the stomach to check what this poor woman's social media accounts look like now...

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

thethreeman posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/01/us/politics/trump-field-organizer-accuses-campaign-of-sex-discrimination.html

Could be trouble for trump? I don't have the stomach to check what this poor woman's social media accounts look like now...

I'd pay her 70 cents on the dollar, if you know what I mean

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Yea, that seems about right.

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/693830791311286272

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Squad goals.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

thethreeman posted:

Flirting is illegal.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Cruz's bus got stuck in the mud and needed a tow.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fox News today grilled Ted Cruz on lies he told at the debate and he got visibly flustered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBHZZbPx0Yw

"Liberal fact checkers"

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 31, 2016

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
How uncomfortable must it be to walk around a frozen sunless mire like Iowa with your sunglasses on?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I want to see the opposite poll saying which candidate would be most feared by the US's allies.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

This photo contains three of my least favourite people, and I'm fairly sure I'd hate the others if I had the faintest clue who they were.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

thethreeman posted:

This type of news story will probably help Trump with his voter base.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

PT6A posted:

This photo contains three of my least favourite people, and I'm fairly sure I'd hate the others if I had the faintest clue who they were.

Should I know who these people are? The only one I know for sure is second to the right. Is the middle one of the Duck Dynasty guys? Other than that I'm lost.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If I am not mistaken the guy at the end is noted rear end in a top hat Bob Vanderplaats

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Should I know who these people are? The only one I know for sure is second to the right. Is the middle one of the Duck Dynasty guys? Other than that I'm lost.

Glenn Beck is a well-known celebrity.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Yeah, the Duck Dynasty guy (who's a raging homophobe and a huge racist) -- I think his name is Phil? There's also Glenn Beck, who is a weepy sack of poo poo with a broken brain.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Left-to-right is Glenn Beck, Steve King, Phil Robertson, Ted Cruz, and Bob Vander Plaats. Crème de la crème.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

Zeta Taskforce posted:

From left to right: Glenn Beck, Steve King, Phil Robertson, Ted Cruz, and Bob Vander Plaats. Pretty much the face of the conspiracy-theory/howler monkey faction of the Republican party.

edit: Goddamn you, SNAKES N CAKES.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
this isn't really appropriate for this thread, but I don't know where to put it, and it covers a frequent topic of conversation here: "This election could be the birth of a Trump-Sanders constituency"

I'm really enjoying vox this campaign season

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/693932128078290944

lol at anyone who thinks Rubiomentum is a thing that will stop trump in NH

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Left-to-right is Glenn Beck, Steve King, Phil Robertson, Ted Cruz, and Bob Vander Plaats. Crème de la crème.

Looking at his greatest hits Steve King sounds like a great guy.

Iowa Representative Steve King posted:

I don't want to disparage anyone because of their race, their ethnicity, their name—whatever their religion their father might have been, I'll just say this: When you think about the optics of a Barack Obama potentially getting elected President of the United States – I mean, what does this look like to the rest of the world? What does it look like to the world of Islam? I will tell you that, if he is elected president, then the radical Islamists, the al-Qaida, the radical Islamists and their supporters, will be dancing in the streets in greater numbers than they did on September 11.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Thanks. My problem is I never watch TV so all my news comes from NPR, podcasts, and the forums so I don't know what people actually look like. But yeah I recognize all the names, all great guys, and poo poo does float to the top.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Peachstapler posted:

How uncomfortable must it be to walk around a frozen sunless mire like Iowa with your sunglasses on?

:confused: Snow glare is a huge deal up north, I wear sunglasses more often in the winter than any other season.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Quality y-axis scaling there.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

watwat posted:

Iowa market rules check. The three Iowa markets say:

IACAUCUS16.GOP posted:

The winner of the 2016 Republican Iowa caucuses shall be the candidate identified in the answer, according to the Iowa Republican Party.

IACAUCUS16.GOP.2ND posted:

The candidate winning the 2nd largest number of votes cast in the 2016 Iowa Republican caucuses shall be the candidate identified in the answer, according to the Iowa Republican Party.

IACAUCUS16.DEM posted:

The candidate receiving the greatest share of delegate support in the 2016 precinct-level Democratic Iowa caucuses shall be the candidate identified in the answer, according to Iowa Democratic Party.

Maybe I'm reading into this a bit too much, but previously vague rules have affected the outcomes. For IACAUCUS16.GOP does the Republican Party declare the winner based on votes cast or delegates awarded? Interesting to see they are using the votes cast metric for GOP.2ND, and the DEM market uses delegate support.

EDIT: Looks like in 2012, Rick Santorum was declared the winner based on votes cast, but didn't get any delegates. So the two Republican markets are based on votes cast while the DEM market is by delegate count. Interesting. Anyone disagree?

Crossposting from predictit thread because this is an interesting question.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

FourLeaf posted:

Embarrassing. What will they think looking back on this photo in 3 years?

"I can't believe how excited I was for Jeb!."

You've not met many cute Republican field staff, have you? I have. So what if they're in a different party? I don't discriminate based on politics; I trust my own views as correct.

Having met and dated individuals who worked for R candidates, what I've found is that there are generally three categories of Republican women staffers: You have the true believer subset, the religious conservative subset, and the highly ambitious self-organized go-getter subset.

What all the individuals I've met who fall into these subsets shared in common was their white, upper-middle and upper-class background.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I created a TV/IV thread for the caucuses: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762524

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Thanks for putting in the time zone.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
The weather is looking clear for Iowa on Monday. There won't be any weather slowing down the Trumpkins, the Cruz Crew, or the Rubio Retinue. The four college interns that Jeb has in Iowa will be 100% active. Predicting zero percent turnout for Dr. Ben Carson, as his supporters fail to realize that he is anything more than a really inspirational author.

edit: sorry broke tables :gonk:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sharkbomb fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 1, 2016

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/693931443446087680

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
What states are considered the "home base" of the Republican Establishment?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

sharkbomb posted:

The weather is looking clear for Iowa on Monday. There won't be any weather slowing down the Trumpkins, the Cruz Crew, or the Rubio Retinue. The four college interns that Jeb has in Iowa will be 100% active. Predicting zero percent turnout for Dr. Ben Carson, as his supporters fail to realize that he anything more than a really inspirational author.

Ben Carson isn't supported for the wit of his prose; he's supported because he represents the feeling that now is not a good time to discuss race in America.

Unfortunately for Carson, this feeling is rooted in political correctness; when Trump smashed political correctness with his call for banning muslims migrants to America until they can be fully vetted by appropriate and redundant institutions, Trump devoured Carson's lane.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

New York, Illinois, and California.

Texas has been trying to inch itself into the running since the 2000 election. Unfortunately for Texans, oil glut means gently caress off.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Well, considering their last two presidents came from Texas...

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Peachstapler posted:

I highly doubt they get anything except a share of the snack tray at local Jebquarters. Canvassers are given a list of likely GOP voters in a given precinct and they're told to go out and knock on these doors, place signs in strategic locations, distribute fliers, put out doorhangers if no one's home, then come back to headquarters when their list is done and they get to do it all over again until there's no more daylight. At least that's what these kids should be doing.

e;fb

I forgot that Jeb Bush is running a conventionally fiscally conservative campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Well, considering their last two presidents came from Texas...

Reagan came from California; GW came from New York, and was merely marketed as coming from Texas.

See through the messaging and understand the candidates as individuals.

blue squares posted:

I forgot that Jeb Bush is running a conventionally fiscally conservative campaign

Now is not the time for traditional fiscal conservatism. Now is the time for massive spending on remilitarization and TrumpWall.

• Locked thread