Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Evil races can bank in kelethin and many other banks using invis, and it costs like 200 plat to become allied to Neriak's main faction. Good race is convenient but it isn't that hard to bank as an evil. I'd give the edge to troll/iks for a new blue player because they won't be farming hundreds of thousands of plat for spell:torpor any time soon tbh. Iksar also get by far the best 1-30 leveling path.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Sorry for those that have been looking for me in game for red, Grep especially. My cold came back, and was offline for almost a week easy. Barely got back on the computer 2 times to see what was going on. Still a bit sick, but working on getting back to full and I should be up and running full strength again soon.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

I just started my first P99 character, having a blast. I had forgotten what a naked corpse run felt like, it really adds some significance to getting killed.

Is the goon guild good for a worthless newb like me, or is there a goon endorsed leveling guild out there? I doubt I'll ever be a raider, but I miss that green text in guild chat.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Aades posted:

I just started my first P99 character, having a blast. I had forgotten what a naked corpse run felt like, it really adds some significance to getting killed.

Is the goon guild good for a worthless newb like me, or is there a goon endorsed leveling guild out there? I doubt I'll ever be a raider, but I miss that green text in guild chat.

Ya, do / all "Unknown Guild".

I can do an invite on "Mauzer" atm, if you're on. What's your name?

ChairmanMauzer fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 28, 2016

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Thanks man, I wont be on until tonight. Name is Barone, barb rogue. I will look you guys up.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Pwnz0r posted:

Sorry for those that have been looking for me in game for red, Grep especially. My cold came back, and was offline for almost a week easy. Barely got back on the computer 2 times to see what was going on. Still a bit sick, but working on getting back to full and I should be up and running full strength again soon.

No worries I have been working all week so I haven't had a chance to get on. Glad you feel better. I'm currently stuck in plane of fear actually and can't get a port out, which is proving to be extremely productive for my professional life haha.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Shame that will never happen on 99.
Actually it isn't a shame because Luclin and everything after completely sucked loving balls

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Aades posted:

Yeah "Unknown Guild" is the goon guild like Mauzer said and its perfectly fine for leveling. The only time to leave is when you get to high level if you wanna raid, if you just wanna shoot the poo poo with green text then join on up and stay along. You're free to go group with whoever happens to be your level and most people don't even know that Unknown Guild is the goon guild, although I've had a couple people recognize it. We don't have a huge notorious presence in 1999 like say, EVE, so people aren't going to be excluding you from groups or griefing you for being in <UG> or anything.

There's usually at least one of us hanging around the EC tunnel with <Unknown Guild> over our heads. If you manage to find somebody poke em and they'll get you invited.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Shame that will never happen on 99.
Actually it isn't a shame because Luclin and everything after completely sucked loving balls

I liked Beastlord, but I'm terrible and absolutely love pet classes in games regardless of how well or poorly designed they end up.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I might be in the minority but I liked Luclin and PoP for the most part.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

PoP though...

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
Classic eq ends with PoP, you kill the gods then wake up with it all having been a dream, perfect ending.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
PoP was definitely wayyy better than Luclin and I kind of wish they had just skipped Luclin altogether. Still though, PoP had that same engine overhaul\graphic style as Luclin so it always felt like "new EQ" to me compared to classic\kunark\velious. The zones need to look like jagged geometric nightmares for it to feel like EQ, basically.

Not to mention that prior to PoP, new planar zones were introduced very slowly and their content was digested over a longer timescale. Then PoP came out and they were like welp here are all the rest of the planes at once! I mean, I don't know if it's necessarily worse that way, it's just a difference.

Relayer fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 29, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ChairmanMauzer posted:

I might be in the minority but I liked Luclin and PoP for the most part.

I wasn't a huge fan of Luclin (although I don't completely loathe the new models like some people, but I prefer the classic ones) but I never even played PoP. It wouldn't be the end of the world if they added them though, IMO.

I'm pretty cool with 1999 sitting on Velious, I really need to get my poo poo together and explore more of velious since I haven't ever seen even half of it.

That said I'm not a fan of the classic zones they re-did and I prefer 1999 having the original oasis of marr and such.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

am i gonna get deathtouched if I afk my swimming skill?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

a real jerk posted:

am i gonna get deathtouched if I afk my swimming skill?

I think you have to actually move to level swimming right? So are you planning on like running a script? That could get you in trouble, but somebody would have to notice and really give a poo poo to report you.

It doesn't take that long to level swimming though, just hop in some big body of water, press numlock and watch some TV for 10 minutes.

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...

Zaphod42 posted:

I think you have to actually move to level swimming right? So are you planning on like running a script? That could get you in trouble, but somebody would have to notice and really give a poo poo to report you.

It doesn't take that long to level swimming though, just hop in some big body of water, press numlock and watch some TV for 10 minutes.

Yeah, its been set up so that you need to swim in a circle or at least have multidirectional inputs going on in order to get skillups. What I did was swim laps around the dock in FP for awhile, but from what Ive heard the absolute least painful way to do it is to get a levitate cast on you and just run about in a zig zag on the surface of some body of water. This apparently works, as does running through the Thurgadin river in GD.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You guys are dumb, I put a liquor bottle on left and forward and it worked like a charm.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You guys are dumb, I put a liquor bottle on left and forward and it worked like a charm.

Now that's using your brain!

or... not :cheeky:

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

no script, you can tab out with directions pressed and you'll run/swim in circles

some guy was yammering about GM killing him for it, P99 forums ignore 'afk' in searches so I gave up searching

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Best place to raise swimming is pond dancing in Innothule Swamp. Auto-run with left arrow to run in a circle then click outside the EQ window. Keep your chat window in view and watch some Netflix. Easy.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right
Don't swim, just get levitation and run over the water. You'll gain skill-ups faster.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

You can hold W+A and then hit enter to open chat entry, you'll autorun and turn left at the same time. No macros required

Scrum
Dec 12, 2003

All I got for Christmas was this shitty custom title.
This damned game. Tried GW2, WoW, SW:TOR, etc and I keep coming back to this.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Scrum posted:

This damned game. Tried GW2, WoW, SW:TOR, etc and I keep coming back to this.

They're just not the same. EVE is the only other sandbox MMO but its a whole other beast.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

insulated staircase fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 30, 2016

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Big patch today. Velious helm graphics are in.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2178785&postcount=1

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 31, 2016

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
* Holgresh Elder Beads no longer drop.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Zaphod42 posted:

They're just not the same. EVE is the only other sandbox MMO but its a whole other beast.

Isn't EQ sort of the opposite of a sandbox? There is literally zero player-made environmental objects.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

hayden. posted:

Isn't EQ sort of the opposite of a sandbox? There is literally zero player-made environmental objects.

Sandbox in this case meaning there no training wheels or rails guiding you where to go and what to do.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

The Sleeper WILL Awaken

http://www.twitch.tv/hokushinp99

Rampage waking the sleeper live on twitch

get your rear end to a Velious zone to die at his feet

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
sleeper was awoken. watched it on twitch.

the twitch chat was hilariously bad. everyone crying and bitching about their precious high end loot tables being ruined from now on. it looked like i was in high-school all over again. 0.1% of high level dedicated neckbeards would ever even be able to see the inside of sleeper's tomb.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

but but pixels

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl
The Sleeper's awakening went down a lot better in game. A ton of people showed up to Skyshrine and elsewhere for the express purpose of getting murdered by Kerafyrm, and maybe seeing him romp around a bit before dying. It was awesome. I'm pretty sure everyone who actually showed up for the event had a blast, regardless of their guild or progression.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
glad im lootin shrouds and proccin primals still.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Sad I missed it, but glad someone did it, very classic.

Pwnz0r posted:

glad im lootin shrouds and proccin primals still.

Primals that proc still drop off of MOTG and the Progenitor.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Sad I missed it, but glad someone did it, very classic.

Primals that proc still drop off of MOTG and the Progenitor.

So are there any items that you 100% can never get again after the sleeper is woken? Cause if not, I really don't get why nerds get so upset about it. Especially if they still drop from mobs inside sleeper's tomb, cause you'd still have to at least be advanced enough to go there anyway, you just have to kill a different mob to get your primal?

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
dont prismatics eventually get the same proc as primals just with worse stats? its really not a big deal at all

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Did anyone record it! I wish I could have seen that !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
This is some BDA guy's video of Kerafyrm punking Yelinak and then everyone else in the zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58VUVkrPChI

Relayer posted:

So are there any items that you 100% can never get again after the sleeper is woken? Cause if not, I really don't get why nerds get so upset about it. Especially if they still drop from mobs inside sleeper's tomb, cause you'd still have to at least be advanced enough to go there anyway, you just have to kill a different mob to get your primal?
All the non-primal stuff that's off the warders is gone forever. Scepter of destruction and mask of tinkering (gnome illusion) are both droppable but things people are mad they'll have to pay oodles of plat to get. Shroud of Longevity is probably the biggest one to get butthurt about as it's by far BiS for a monk and no drop.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 1, 2016