Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amante
Jan 3, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

Also, at what level are marketplace and chat restrictions lifted for non-premium players?
Level 15, as far as I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
16, that threw me "15 or lower" can't use them.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

jaffyjaffy posted:

I have a question about crafting professions. Do they actually become worthwhile to make money at level 3? Right now I profit maybe 2 silver on each Bell I make, which seems very lackluster. On future characters I'm tempted to just do gathering exclusively if there is a relatively clean way to move stuff between characters (mail, etc).

From what I heard, pottery makes the most money. You'll need to get the secret technique at brightstone ruins first though and after that craft the pots that everyone uses for their crafting. Outside of pottery I don't know of any other worthwhile professions. I am a cook and weaponsmith so I don't really do anything but burn money.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Amante posted:

Level 15, as far as I know.
Nope, just got to 15 and still no marketplace access.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm making about 1.5 gold every 12 hours making the purple gem pouch for Jewellery

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I appreciate the idea of loot auctions, but god drat do they double the length of every dungeon run.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

tyblazitar posted:

Nope, just got to 15 and still no marketplace access.

There is a quest in Jadestone that teaches you about the market stuff, it might require 15 and that quest if you haven't completed it yet.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Actually, you get it and market access at 16. Unless you're premium :smugdog:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I feel like a free win for FM/SMN as a KFM, but on the other hand I don't think I could lose to a BM/BD if I tried.

Finally got a destroyer in a 1v1, I barely won but that was really close all the way to the end. I think if I knew more about how destroyers worked I would have done better, but I'm not sure he knew how KFM worked either.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 1, 2016

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I think if I knew more about how destroyers worked I would have done better, but I'm not sure he knew how KFM worked either.

That's how I lost my first match against a KFM as a Sin. I seriously underestimated how much damage he can put out. I should have played the matchup a bit more safely like how you "should" play against Des (but I usually gently caress up and get nervous so I get aggressive and die).

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

What's a sin?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
What isn't a sin?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ass_Burgerer posted:

What's a sin?

An rear end

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Ass_Burgerer posted:

What's a sin?

Deso = Destroyer
LBD/LBM = Blade Dancer
BM = Blade Master
FM = Forcemaster
KFM = Kung Fu master
Sin = Assassin
Summ = Summoner
Lock = Warlock

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

jaffyjaffy posted:

That's how I lost my first match against a KFM as a Sin. I seriously underestimated how much damage he can put out. I should have played the matchup a bit more safely like how you "should" play against Des (but I usually gently caress up and get nervous so I get aggressive and die).

If you do your log trick and he dashes backward, make sure you either let his counter run out or get behind him or he's going to counter your stealth attack and beat the snot out of you.

At least, that's what I do.

Also I bet if you use your counter once they're in range at the start a KFM will charge right into your log.

Also I'm hitting my first big money problems just after scorching desert. My next weapon breakthrough will cost like 2.5g, so I guess I'm probably just way ahead of the curve?

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 1, 2016

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

HapiMerchant posted:

Deso = Destroyer
LBD/LBM = Blade Dancer
BM = Blade Master
FM = Forcemaster
KFM = Kung Fu master
Sin = Assassin
Summ = Summoner
Lock = Warlock

Man I can't keep up with you kids and your gang-names and your internet maymays.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Is there a waiting list to get into the Mushin clan since it's full? My character name is: Relg

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Also just to confirm: most of the active Goons have transferred to blue side, right? So I should do so even if the new clan is currently full?

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Yup, we're all blue now. We're getting people to actually hit cap so its about time to shill for donations to increase the clan's capacity.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

If you do your log trick and he dashes backward, make sure you either let his counter run out or get behind him or he's going to counter your stealth attack and beat the snot out of you.

At least, that's what I do.

Also I bet if you use your counter once they're in range at the start a KFM will charge right into your log.

Also I'm hitting my first big money problems just after scorching desert. My next weapon breakthrough will cost like 2.5g, so I guess I'm probably just way ahead of the curve?

Gotcha. It is definitely just going to be a process to learn the class, but making a KFM alt should help.

Also yeah you are a little bit ahead of the curve. As you get into Act 3 (Moonwater) the quests start giving significantly more money (3-8 silver), but I believe the transformation stone that the level requires is like 6g or something still. If something rewards one later on I don't know but I haven't found anything yet.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

HapiMerchant posted:

Deso = Destroyer
LBD/LBM = Blade Dancer
BM = Blade Master
FM = Forcemaster
KFM = Kung Fu master
Sin = Assassin
Summ = Summoner
Lock = Warlock

Why would you abreviate assassin as sin when nothing else is. it should be AS or rear end. Same with summoner and warlock why are they 4 letters when nothing else is. Nothing even shares the same letters.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

randombattle posted:

Why would you abreviate assassin as sin when nothing else is. it should be AS or rear end. Same with summoner and warlock why are they 4 letters when nothing else is. Nothing even shares the same letters.

because sin is a term used for the assassin class in a million other kmmos that came before this one, just like how warlock has been lock since probably even before wow.

it's the same reason some people say 1kk for 1 million. it's just what they've always done.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

randombattle posted:

Don't ask me i didn't start the trend. I guess cuz rear end has the obvious 12 year giggle factor and DES is another term i've seen for Destroyers as well. And summ/sum is interchangeable i guess. WL is the other warlock term too.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Is the patch going to introduce a better way to make cash dollar bills than grinding dailies? Because if I have to get the ~60 gold to upgrade sord that way I'm going to burn out and quit. I'm hoping doing arena PvP will be relatively lucrative.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

it's the same reason some people say 1kk for 1 million. it's just what they've always done.

i am 25 and i have actually never seen that before.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man, Dura just refuses to drop her costume. Thankfully destroyers are made for farming mini dungeons and each run only takes like 4 minutes, but still.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
At least you don't have to shoot a bird 30 times while he constantly knocks you down.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
So I just downloaded this and got to the place where I choose my faction and the blue one is full. I guess that kinda sucks, but the red one has a cooler outfit and a catchier slogan anyway. Does this game do the TERA thing where it just dumps a shitton of consumables and currencies on you all the time? It was really overwhelming since everything was so esoteric (usually applying to a specific tight level/item range, even early-game) and an actual item instead of like a currency that had its own tab.

I like the contextual battle system but as a Kung Fu Master it's sorta frustrating to Counter the wrong opponent. Also, what's the trigger for being able to use Stomp? It says something like "Render near death" but I have no idea what that means.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

You can get into X faction by spamming the NPC for a little bit. This should probably be in the OP.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Amante posted:

You can get into X faction by spamming the NPC for a little bit. This should probably be in the OP.

Hahaha you think people actually read that thing.

:smith:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Skwee posted:

i am 25 and i have actually never seen that before.

I've seen it done once, in Elite: Dangerous, by a oval office.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
So can I go change my faction? Or do I need to reroll if I already picked one? I know it said something about defecting.

cathead posted:

I read most of it, though some of it is full of terms that are pretty meaningless before you start playing.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Is there anything more infuriating than playing tag match, having some fun times, getting some win streaks with your friends, and then suddenly, BAM, triple summoner enemy team?

Can you even DO anything to win against a triple summoner team? It just seemed absolutely hopeless from moment one.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hogshead Pastures has great quests.

linall
Feb 1, 2007

cathead posted:

I refer to the bit about crafting and soul shields fairly often. Also, if I hadn't read about the Wheel of Fate ahead of time that first world boss would've been real confusing.

e: speaking of crafting, I've found this site: http://62fatamorgana.blogspot.com/search/label/Blade%20and%20Soul fairly helpful. Granted it could explain things better, but it helped me pick up a couple of flowers I was missing for herbalism, so I guess I'm not mad.

linall fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Feb 1, 2016

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Countblanc posted:

So can I go change my faction? Or do I need to reroll if I already picked one? I know it said something about defecting.
You can pay 6 silver to change it at NPCs that start showing up in the first Cinderlands town.

cathead posted:

Fair enough. I should know by now that people never read the OP :)

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I put it in there anyway on the off chance it helps somebody!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

linall posted:

I refer to the bit about crafting and soul shields fairly often. Also, if I hadn't read about the Wheel of Fate ahead of time that first world boss would've been real confusing.

e: speaking of crafting, I've found this site: http://62fatamorgana.blogspot.com/search/label/Blade%20and%20Soul fairly helpful. Granted it could explain things better, but it helped me pick up a couple of flowers I was missing for herbalism, so I guess I'm not mad.

That's my grandmas cooking and gaming blog. She's 62 and obese, loves certain LoL characters

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I'm not sure if the duelists founder pack is really worth it.
Any insights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Michaellaneous posted:

I'm not sure if the duelists founder pack is really worth it.
Any insights?

Not at all, you are basically paying for the xp buff food and leveling is dirt easy in the game.

• Locked thread