Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

A bunch of WWE Studios releases are that bad.

They make them up here in Vancouver because there's a 37% tax break on labour for film and TV, plus our dollar is 68 cents to the US dollar. They're pretty easy to break even, and after that it's free advertising for their mid to bottom tier stars, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Aesop Poprock posted:

Uh oh, senile old man Sakuraba wandered away from his group home

Can't be, you need knees that work for that.

Also I kind of want to see how bad Kane's acting is, I wonder if I can stream WWE Films™ Countdown on Amazon Prime or something.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The_Rob posted:

Get deafheaven to do bayley's theme.

Amesouers did it 10 years earlier.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dillbag posted:

They make them up here in Vancouver because there's a 37% tax break on labour for film and TV, plus our dollar is 68 cents to the US dollar. They're pretty easy to break even, and after that it's free advertising for their mid to bottom tier stars, I guess.

They've lost money on several of their straight to DVD movies. Most of them actually.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

and you can't teach that!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

Amesouers did it 10 years earlier.

Neige's whole career, basically.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I mean, it'll still be better than the DC comic series Countdown, so it has that going for it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

I mean, it'll still be better than the DC comic series Countdown, so it has that going for it.
If Kane doesn't use Ziggler as a bludgeon, I don't think this is accurate, actually.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

LoboLoboLobo posted:

and you can't teach that!

First thing I thought of lmao

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

They've lost money on several of their straight to DVD movies. Most of them actually.

I think it's funny that The Rock hasn't done anything for a WWE Studios movie.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I'd imagine the rocks price for a movie is more than the entire budget of wwe movies

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

oldpainless posted:

I'd imagine the rocks price for a cameo is more than the entire budget of wwe movies

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

But Vince gets to make movies, like a real Hollywood person!

He'll be dead before he ever gets that mainstream acceptance he wants so badly

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He'll get mainstream acceptance when President Trump guest-referees the main event at Wrestlemania 33.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Neige's whole career, basically.

Besides that very very brief time he was in Peste Noire.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Posse parties are the best kinda parties.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Pete Gas living up to that last name

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Same

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

i think i lost a toxx several years ago and was forced to make this my avatar

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Please tell me this was a Make-A-Wish request.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

Besides that very very brief time he was in Peste Noire.

You're alright, DB.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I'd like to see how WWE Studios are losing money because the DTV market is so lucrative. If The Asylum are doing fine then WWE should. It's not like they have to pay Kane a fortune to co-star in something.

Unless they're just not selling TV rights, which is really dumb.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Do they show them on the WWE Network?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ZixTheYeti posted:

Please tell me this was a Make-A-Wish request.

It is. All three guys from the Mean Street Posse are dying and they just wanted to meet a single fan.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:3:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gavok posted:

It is. All three guys from the Mean Street Posse are dying and they just wanted to meet a single fan.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

Man, I don't want Daniel Bryan to screw his brain and body up any further, but the thought of him never getting his dream match with Shinsuke is heartbreaking.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
They already wrestled

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
but his DREAM MATCH

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Pete Gas and Joey Abs look like perfectly normal enormous gentlemen, but Rodney looks like he just broke out of prison and is holding that poor fan hostage.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Davros1 posted:

Do they show them on the WWE Network?

No, which I'm actually pretty surprised by. I just had a look on Flicksearch for what WWE movies are on Netflix and the answer is barely any. If you're in Portugal however, you get to watch 12 ROUNDS. Italy is the only region that has THE MARINE for some reason.

It just seems like WWE Films are relying on wrestling fans to buy the product, instead of getting them out there to the widest audience.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Unless they changed it up, WWE has some sort of deal with Best Buy and Walmart and exclusivity for the DVDs/Blu-Rays. I'm sure that has some sort of impact on streaming rights as well.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MrBling posted:

Unless they changed it up, WWE has some sort of deal with Best Buy and Walmart and exclusivity for the DVDs/Blu-Rays. I'm sure that has some sort of impact on streaming rights as well.

The last time I went to a Best Buy, their bargain bin had like 8 copies each of See No Evil, 12 Rounds, and The Marine.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Lol

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I'm sure the mean street posse sucks now if I go back and watch them again, but I remember thinking they were funny chumps and perfect stooges for Shane.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

This is a quality post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DrVenkman posted:

I'd like to see how WWE Studios are losing money because the DTV market is so lucrative. If The Asylum are doing fine then WWE should. It's not like they have to pay Kane a fortune to co-star in something.

Unless they're just not selling TV rights, which is really dumb.

They've improved lately since they've done so many licensed movies, but their original movies still lose money for whatever reason. Other than the Marine. They just can't market their own stuff... probably because they don't bother marketing it.