Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Play a good shooting game, like FEAR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Space-Pope posted:

wow imagine if you were like me and spent over 1800 hours in a good game

heroes of might and magic 3

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FEAR is another good game. Monolith makes (made) good stuff

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Space-Pope posted:

civilization 3

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Space-Pope posted:

mu online

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Space-Pope posted:

lineage 2

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

in other news, defiance is as expected, shallower version of destiny set in faux-realistic setting, with something like 100 hours of content tops, by the look of it, unless lots of pvp is involved

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
ok now you're just getting ridiculous

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

kalstrams posted:

in other news, defiance is as expected, shallower version of destiny set in faux-realistic setting, with something like 100 hours of content tops, by the look of it, unless lots of pvp is involved

i'm amazed the servers are still running

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

though i guess i could say the same thing about these forums :xd:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Space-Pope posted:

ok now you're just getting ridiculous
for the time i sunk massive amounts of time into it - 2007 and whereabouts - it was legitimately good game. pve was non-existent, rng grindfestival rivaled by a few, easy target for hackers, certain balance hiccups, poorly thought out crafting - yes, valid criticisms to rise to reflect upon the game now, in 2016. back then, however, half of these things were "industry's golden standard".

futhermore, it's not like someone loved the game for this. every lineage 2 player loved it for pvp, and pvp there, especially c4 era, is one of the best in the history of the genre, sitting high up there together with games like ultima online, eve online, guild wars 1, and dark age of cumalot

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Space-Pope posted:

dota 2

ok but whats the good game you played

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

now mu online - that was hot garbage for sure, chinese pitch on mmo market with cocktail of hot takes from late 90s bideo shame design. ive played inane amount of it just because it was national mmorpg of latvia until 2005 or so

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
wolfenstein new order is high quality shootmans, icing krauts has never been more fun

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
The only problem w/ Wolfenstein is that there isn't more Wolfenstein.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Shaggar posted:

idk i got bored of it halfway through the prequel

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i want to like mmos but every one i've tried has had crippling issues that made it bad

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Shaggar posted:

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i'm glad they arent making mmos anymore

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
i need to restart and pick the other timeline

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Space-Pope posted:

they make, but genre is undergoing interesting transformation. i will not be overly surprised to see that mmos will advance towards providing players with more satisfying storylines, and both pve and pve content suitable for friend-sized groups of people

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i just want a big open rpg that i can do stuff with my pals in

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

i want to like mmos but every one i've tried has had crippling issues that made it bad
yea, i generally have hard time playing the unless there's reasonably compelling single player component, or if i have good company

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

on pc idk even, borderlands series or the upcoming division (and maybe wildlands after it too but both might turn out shiteful) - most of formal mmos will take their toll one way or another

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Squeezy Farm posted:

Play a good shooting game, like FEAR.

FEAR is the mind-killer

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
didn't fear come out on gog recently

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Space-Pope posted:

ff14 is objectively the best mmo and a good game with a massive amount of content but i'm so worn out on wow-style gameplay thanks to playing wow for so long

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

also arkham knight is insanely cool and good

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Panty Saluter posted:

wolfenstein new order is high quality shootmans, icing krauts has never been more fun

it's excellent. notably, it feels a poo poo ton to me like half-life 2.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
current bloodborne status: feelin really dumb that I didn't use the hunter axe much before this

Whirlygig Saw is still better overall for hilariously broken damage potential and Ludwigs is still overall really good but wow that charged R2 on the tricked Hunter's Axe rules

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

it's excellent. notably, it feels a poo poo ton to me like half-life 2.

maybe wolfenstein is a mod for the unreleased HL3, gaben answer for these crimes!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

same

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Al! posted:

quiggy im watching the stream you posted and it makes me feel like an old person because i dont really watch any streams. its kind of sad how hard that man has to work engaging his audience, because the meat of the tutorial is very good

tbf a number of schools use das's stuff to teach ksp as an intro to spaceflight kinda thing, so yeah he's intentionally very strong about trying to engage people

also he's a cutie :swoon:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

triple sulk posted:

ff14 is objectively the best mmo and a good game with a massive amount of content

yep
i found out today i have like 1670 hours in this game though so i should probably kill my self

if you like new order your gonna love the old blood, new order feels clunky in comparison

Liver Disaster fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 1, 2016

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

bethesda sned the multiplayer non-mmo elder scrolls

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

kalstrams posted:

tread carefully, it's easy to burn out on

yeah luckily im dad now and about to double dad so i'd love to have the amount of time it would take to burn out on anything

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ahmeni posted:

yeah luckily im dad now and about to double dad so i'd love to have the amount of time it would take to burn out on anything
congrats :patriot:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont burn out on dadding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

ahmeni posted:

ugh please do not bring new life to this poo poo world.

• Locked thread