Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Sandi is literally the female David Brent and is a huge source of comedy for the thread, and I would like to personally encourage people to continue making fun of her for her underlying personality.

Would Chris be Mr Bean?

e: or Alan Partridge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Sandi is literally the female David Brent and is a huge source of comedy for the thread, and I would like to personally encourage people to continue making fun of her for her underlying personality.

Her personality is hilarious and her lies are a good source of comedy and perfectly fine targets for ridicule. It's when people (and I am not saying someone is doing that right now) start analyzing the way she pauses between words and how this means some poo poo or when people start digging into the trashcan of history looking for dirty laundry that it goes full goon into webdog territory.

Edit: I'll look for some content to post here to contribute...

Edit2: gently caress! There is nothing funny at reddit.

Edit3: So I went to r/dereksmart and, :yikes:, I think I am not going back there again.

(we have been infiltrated)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 1, 2016

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Geguri Gegogi posted:

That's the one I'm hoping for, really wanna hear that coke-rant

You guys remember when Wingman would get drunk and turn on the live stream in the middle of the night?

Fun times.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

SuitDude posted:

Thinking about buying into this game with a starter pack or something. Is the community GamerGate friendly or no?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

trucutru posted:

analyzing the way she pauses between words

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Lesnick is going to be the sob story guys, not Sandi. Get the canon correct!

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

In the interview, she mentions that Chelsea comes from a hospitality background. Chelsea left last year, at around the time when Sandi recorded herself firing someone via phone telling them they come from a hospitality background, and telling them to work at McDonalds. I think it was hinted by someone else that Sandi recorded a real firing for that showreel (which explains why she actually has emotion in her voice and face). Was this how she fired Chelsea?

[Showreel: http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/sandigardiner - Click media, then 'Reverse the Verse (Performance Video)']

This will be the most direct thing I will have said.

You know that old adage about "act with what you know"? Those words, used by Sandi in that recorded talent tape, were used on someone within CS dead in front of the Santa Monica HR person. The CS person was not fired that day. The CS person left.

Chelsea did come from a hospitality background. Sandi could learn something from the hospitality industry.

Like work ethic, and teamwork, and responsibility, and service...

And humility.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

fuctifino posted:

Would Chris be Mr Bean?

e: or Alan Partridge?

My knowledge of the British sitcom canon isn't strong enough for this :(

He's kind of like Mr Bean crossed with the dad from The Squid and The Whale. :shrug:

trucutru posted:

Her personality is hilarious and her lies are a good source of comedy and perfectly fine targets for ridicule. It's when people (and I am not saying someone is doing that right now) start analyzing the way she pauses between words and how this means some poo poo or when people start digging into the trashcan of history looking for dirty laundry that it goes full goon into webdog territory.

Edit: I'll look for some content to post here to contribute...

:agreed:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

natetimm posted:

Lesnick is going to be the sob story guys, not Sandi. Get the canon correct!

Maybe his wife will, having lost her man to a con artist who also ruined his (and maybe by proxy her) health and well-being. Lesnick has too long a history of being a toxic bastard to really be worth any sobbing.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

My knowledge of the British sitcom canon isn't strong enough for this :(

You should brush up. Alan Partridge is even actually funny.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Bootcha posted:

You know that old adage about "act with what you know"? Those words, used by Sandi in that recorded talent tape, were used on someone within CS dead in front of the Santa Monica HR person. The CS person was not fired that day. The CS person left.

Chelsea did come from a hospitality background. Sandi could learn something from the hospitality industry.

And humility.

:eyepop:

so she was so proud of dressing an employee down that she memorized it and acted it out afterwards and put it on her resume. goddamn is she heinous.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Tippis posted:

Maybe his wife will, having lost her man to a con artist who also ruined his (and maybe by proxy her) health and well-being. Lesnick has too long a history of being a toxic bastard to really be worth any sobbing.

He's intensely unlikable but I still pity him more than anything. He's a traumatized grown child attempting to live his dream and it's going to burn down all around him and leave him worse off than he was when he started. Chris, Sandi, and all the real pieces of poo poo will have something squirreled away to at least try and make off with. Lesnick is going to be left holding an empty bag to cry into. I can't bring myself to hate him because I'm so absolutely sure that he's going to end up devastated. His fate is pretty much written in stone at this point.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Bootcha posted:

And humility.

Thanks for this.

I seem to remember Sandi and Ben joking on a RTV or ATV about 'firing people', so I wonder if that happened at the same time too?

No wonder the 'CS' person left after that... that's a loving nasty thing to happen. I've worked in similar toxic environments, but nothing as openly berating.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Bootcha posted:

And humility.

unadulterated trash of a human being

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Bootcha posted:

And humility.

This is awful. What a great place to work. You can always expect top quality products from companies that run their business this way.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Bootcha posted:

And humility.

that is loving crazy.

on behalf of adelaide south australia, mega apologies to all that somehow we produced this turd

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wow, Ben really has put on like 50 pounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCPm1w4OyLw

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

spacetoaster posted:

Wow, Ben really has put on like 50 pounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCPm1w4OyLw

lol hahaha fatboy lesnick has a loving wing commander tattoo "death from above" ffs

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Agrajag posted:

lol hahaha fatboy lesnick has a loving wing commander tattoo

Someone should ask him to show his tattoo in the next RTV. It would be interesting to see how it's stretched.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
So a dude named Kyle Bromley, an Illfonic employee, posted this a few hours ago:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/0EaVG

quote:

I was one of the primary environment artists creating Gold Horizon along with several other talented people.

I worked on every aspect of the level including environmental art and design, destructible assets, LOD's, collision, set dressing, lighting, and am responsible for several materials used throughout the level.

Sure looks nice!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://youtu.be/IRE2BBQR4tc?t=1777

SANDI DID EVERYTHING GUYS.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

alf_pogs posted:

that is loving crazy.

on behalf of adelaide south australia, mega apologies to all that somehow we produced this turd

It's all good. The Tim Tams make up for it. They came from some goon in the thread whose name Bootcha can't remember.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

lol hahaha fatboy lesnick has a loving wing commander tattoo "death from above" ffs

I thought that was a Starship Troopers reference.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fuzzknot posted:

It's all good. The Tim Tams make up for it. They came from some goon in the thread whose name Bootcha can't remember.

I remember his face. That face, that face, that ginger-ish face.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Bootcha posted:

And humility.

lmao there is always more and it's always worse

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

(The best part is that he's posting while lying right next to me.)

Next time, though, we're watching the real Producers. No more remakes.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fuzzknot posted:

(The best part is that he's posting while lying right next to me.)

Next time, though, we're watching the real Producers. No more remakes.

Time to put you to sleep you narc.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThrVQKl04Ak

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bootcha posted:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
this loving abortion is still moving forward.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

natetimm posted:

He's intensely unlikable but I still pity him more than anything. He's a traumatized grown child attempting to live his dream and it's going to burn down all around him and leave him worse off than he was when he started.

And all that is fair enough. My point is one that has been made numerous times about Ben and “him, in the wheelchair”: just because there's some cause for pity does not mean a person stops being a complete asshat. They're not mutually exclusive states, and it's important to remember that one does not cancel out the other. At best, one can offer an explanation for the other, but no excuse — without such an excuse, I just can't see any reason why it would be sob-worthy.

quote:

Chris, Sandi, and all the real pieces of poo poo will have something squirreled away to at least try and make off with. Lesnick is going to be left holding an empty bag to cry into. I can't bring myself to hate him because I'm so absolutely sure that he's going to end up devastated. His fate is pretty much written in stone at this point.

Maybe so, but his own asshattery started long before SC with his zealous hunt for thought criminals in the WC community. He's most likely a highly crucial component in what has made SC such a cesspool. If his fate is sealed, then at the very least he held the candle that melted the wax it was stamped in. Or, as the saying goes, karma is a bitch — other people being worse doesn't make it any less so.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Tippis posted:

Maybe so, but his own asshattery started long before SC with his zealous hunt for thought criminals in the WC community. He's most likely a highly crucial component in what has made SC such a cesspool. If his fate is sealed, then at the very least he held the candle that melted the wax it was stamped in. Or, as the saying goes, karma is a bitch — other people being worse doesn't make it any less so.

His biggest sin of all is that he hates Freespace 2 and thinking WC:Prophecy is a better game :barf:

Bolow fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 1, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

So a dude named Kyle Bromley, an Illfonic employee, posted this a few hours ago:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/0EaVG

Sure looks nice!

:rip: all that hard work

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

I can't stop looking at CR's chins.

e: also lol at sandi's in and out again accent that seems to go away then come back randomly.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Goobs posted:

I can't stop looking at CR's chins.

That's how he gets you. You're lost now. You know the singleplayer story in Freelancer? It's actually Chris' subconscious trying to send a warning to the rest of the world.

Say goodbye to your wallet while your mind is still your own.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:rip: all that hard work

By the look of it, it had promise. Until CIG hosed it all up.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Bolow posted:

His biggest sin of all is that he hates Freespace 2 and thing WC:Prophecy is a better game :barf:

Who doesn't love the ending of Prophecy? It was such a fulfilling end to the WC saga.

Really wrapped it all up in a neat little package.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6314387/#Comment_6314387

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6314355/#Comment_6314355

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6314396/#Comment_6314396

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

A Neurotic Jew posted:

"environmental art and design, destructible assets, LOD's, collision, set dressing, lighting, and am responsible for several materials used throughout the level."

Sure looks nice!

This implies the whole thing was like 90% ready if they had assets working and whatnot. I wonder what happened.

Oh right "the vision".

Also, to those wanting to spend 45 dollars on this you'll get a hours worth of fun and 5 hours of trying to actually do anything. If you want to ram things for a hour, play carmegeddon or such instead.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Hey Lethality I wasn't kidding I will subsidize your voice here even You need a platinum account to read this message

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

hello readers of r/dereksmart

• Locked thread