Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762459&pagenumber=29&perpage=40#post455700514

Yeah I can literally help with it because it would help for my VCDX cert I am trying to achieve. Didn't know Nimble and storage engineers had deep ties into startups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Endorph posted:

you're already putting kids into the hyperbolic time chamber for no real reason, just let gay couples adopt

the endings even mention that they adopt, the kids just don't show up in the game for some reason

if the US version removed petting but didn't change that it'll be pretty :lol:

alternately in your fantasy video game with all sorts of vaguely-defined magical capacity just make reproduction happen some other way

surely having babies happen by wishing very hard for them can't be out of the realm of possibility when you've firmly established time travel is a thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my fire emblem romhack has a a gay wizard trying to make gay babies, and i hope you all enjoy it when it comes out in the year *rolls dice* 2078

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Endorph posted:

my fire emblem romhack has a a gay wizard trying to make gay babies, and i hope you all enjoy it when it comes out in the year *rolls dice* 2078

i hope i live to be 83

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope I live to be 40 and die immediately after.

GRRM will still not have finished A Song of Ice and Fire.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tag - magic babies

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

you're already putting kids into the hyperbolic time chamber for no real reason, just let gay couples adopt

the endings even mention that they adopt, the kids just don't show up in the game for some reason

if the US version removed petting but didn't change that it'll be pretty :lol:

Though they'd have to rewrite a support or two since Niles' kid is a yaoi fangirl.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
One gay per gender per game is still uhhhhh, lame

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
agh, i lost dorcas. i might just restart this chapter, i feel like i can do better now that i know what goes down in what order

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Seems like a cool and fun manga. Reminds me of Neuro. Hope it does well and someone picks it up for translation. I'd link it, but only Viz translated the first 3 chapters, and that's hosted nowhere sort of like how the first 3 Viz chapters of Black Clover are hosted nowhere (shame since they're better than the early scanlations of Black Clover). It's called Samon-kun wa Summoner for anyone curious.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

should've been at least one m/m and f/f per game imo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

I hope he or she succeeds

DisDisDis posted:

:yeah: But it is still way more gay than I thought there was going to be so I am glad it's there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

i still don't know why they didn't just make the butler and maid the gay options

they're devoted to mc anyway, they're in both routes

it works

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm gonna give this chapter another try tomorrow, i don't want to end this run with dorcas failing to support his family cause he's dead

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

i still don't know why they didn't just make the butler and maid the gay options

they're devoted to mc anyway, they're in both routes

it works

My guess is they decided to put in the gay options late in development and just went with their first idea without really thinking about it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DisDisDis posted:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They probably hadn't even thought about it until that Nintendo Sims thing came out last year (?) and people complained about no same sex marriages.
Wait, wasn't that the game where there was a bug that did let you get gay married but they patched it out?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I want to marry the muscle lady as a lady, in the alternate universe where I own a DS.

the real gay issue is whether you can kiss this guy, in whatever game he's in

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

My guess is they decided to put in the gay options late in development and just went with their first idea without really thinking about it.

But still, it's just one more support to write for Corrin/anybody, or anyone else that has C-A supports already.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

They probably hadn't even thought about it until that Nintendo Sims thing came out last year (?) and people complained about no same sex marriages.
Wait, wasn't that the game where there was a bug that did let you get gay married but they patched it out?

yeah, but apparently that was overblown on the "patched out gay marriage" end since that bug also hosed with your saves or something

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, I can't wait for Tales of the Zesty to go on sale.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762459&pagenumber=29&perpage=40#post455700514

Yeah I can literally help with it because it would help for my VCDX cert I am trying to achieve. Didn't know Nimble and storage engineers had deep ties into startups.

did he really need help resetting a virtual machine tho dilbert???

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

yeah, but that probably would have caused lots of other, less fun bugs if they didn't patch it out since it was a bug and not an actual proper feature

that said, if they make another one it would be cool to actually have that implemented for real

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Tomodachi Life the only place where most of anime dreams can come true.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I thought the tomodachi glitch was specifically a glitch that male characters would show up as female and vice versa, and they patched it out, it was never a gay marriage or trans thing, it was just legit a glitch they fixed

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

FirstAidKite posted:

did he really need help resetting a virtual machine tho dilbert???

automated it at my job of WMI or PID

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
if a tomodachi life 2 gets made it'd be cool if it had more stuff going on tho

such as, say, gay loving poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

automated it at my job of WMI or PID

automated what exactly

restarting a virtual machine?

just shoot him a message if you wanna help him

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sometimes bugs that seem to allow simple, harmless things can help to introduce some serious, game-breaking poo poo because programming's a big pain in the rear end like that, so patching the bug out was probably better in the long run

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
con girls are truly weird

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Motto posted:

But still, it's just one more support to write for Corrin/anybody, or anyone else that has C-A supports already.

the supports cannot possibly be that intensive to write, especially for an actual writer who writes video game characters kissing each other as their day job

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

FirstAidKite posted:

automated what exactly

restarting a virtual machine?
Vmware tools has some fun powershell and powerCLI expands on it

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

sometimes bugs that seem to allow simple, harmless things can help to introduce some serious, game-breaking poo poo because programming's a big pain in the rear end like that, so patching the bug out was probably better in the long run
yeah but it still came across as kind of a slap in the face, i cant blame them for patching it out but i cant blame people for feeling like it added to the feeling of being ignored/disregarded either

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Ahhh :cry: Grimgar and Haikyuu both teamed up to make me upset this week apparently

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Vmware tools has some fun powershell and powerCLI expands on it

thats not an answer to my question dilbert....

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

thats not an answer to my question dilbert....

Nice bum where ya from?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought the tomodachi glitch was specifically a glitch that male characters would show up as female and vice versa, and they patched it out, it was never a gay marriage or trans thing, it was just legit a glitch they fixed

Yeah, but it got reported as 'Nintendo removes gay marriage for the West!' by the usual media idiots.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
gasp, media overinflating a thing without fully understanding what's really going on?

surely not here in my country!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

yeah but it still came across as kind of a slap in the face, i cant blame them for patching it out but i cant blame people for feeling like it added to the feeling of being ignored/disregarded either

i think the big issue was all the media sites that kept reporting it as nintendo censoring gay marriage

plus I would not be surprised if tehre were contracts involving the celebrity miis and that the contracts would be violated in some way if you could use the glitch to make shaq gay (i don't know how the original glitch worked so idk if it would have affected the celebrity miis or not)

• Locked thread