Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
"I think I might have met a girl." :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
drat that episode owned

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Helper you straight up murdered a fellow machine!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Google Glass
2013-2016

A good bump.

Also lol at Helper shoving the other robot off the roof.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Good episode, atleast we get another 12 or something before they go on break forever again.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

"I think I might have met a girl." :smug:

And a mergirl to boot!

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Wow that went quick. It was more about setting everything up for the season than telling an episode long story but it was good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's still weird to have this show back.

Also, in the future if an episode leaks can you fuckers like wait until it actually airs to start posting unspoilered quotes from it?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

Good episode, atleast we get another 12 or something before they go on break forever again.

7 :smith:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Not Mr. Reachmore!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The gill girl thing is definitely foreshadowing Hank attempting to have a fling with a guild member (she was in the guild building after all) which is obviously not going to go well.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Caidin posted:

I have missed you, Venture brothers.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
god that was great. This show was sorely missed .

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

axleblaze posted:

The gill girl thing is definitely foreshadowing Hank attempting to have a fling with a guild member (she was in the guild building after all) which is obviously not going to go well.

She'll be the Catwoman to his Batman.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Tenzarin posted:

Hey, not forever. Just 2021, apparently. On Polish television.

Also, I love how the Captain America analog wears women's garters.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 1, 2016

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
drat, that was good. I feel like I need a cigarette.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
There's an epilogue:

https://www.facebook.com/adultswim/videos/10153810359556745/

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Hahahahahahahah oh my god Hank

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
this is not what newark airport looks like!!!

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
It was an OK episode. Not the best season opening, but it seems like they were just trying to set up storylines and such. It seems like they might breakup Girlfriend and Monarch with a love triangle with whale.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Forceholy posted:

It was an OK episode. Not the best season opening, but it seems like they were just trying to set up storylines and such. It seems like they might breakup Girlfriend and Monarch with a love triangle with whale.

She granted the whale guy arching rights to Dr. Venture, so the Monarch can't arch him, that's all.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

So good to hear some of the Thrilling Adventure folks and James Adomian doing voices.

Since I missed the midseason special, what happened to Ned? Or is it best not to ask?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Forceholy posted:

...I don't see any indication that Dr. His Wife has the slightest interest in Whale whatsoever. More like a thing she felt she had to do to save the guild.

Poor Sheila -.-

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Kesper North posted:

...I don't see any indication that Dr. His Wife has the slightest interest in Whale whatsoever. More like a thing she felt she had to do to save the guild.

Poor Sheila -.-

No! Seriously:

null posted:

She granted the whale guy arching rights to Dr. Venture, so the Monarch can't arch him, that's all.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
ok, i watched the whole episode. i liked it, but it really felt like they had introduced too many things and were attempting to clean the playing field so that they could write a coherent storyline lol

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I thought that was just something she made up to get Sgt. Hatred not to drag him away. Happy to be wrong.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Well, Rusty *did* shatter all the windows in his building pulling a 'tower flyby' with the new VenJet.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Is this anywhere else? Facebook keeps giving me errors

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
So so happy to have the show back. The scene with Night Dick was magical.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Fantastic return to the show. Lots of fun new characters, a new arch for Rusty, and it seems like Hank's getting a Romeo and Juliet plot line.

The only thing I have to wonder about is Brock not destroying the not-Avengers instantly; I mean, it is New York, so you can't have the local heroes be utter pushovers, but I don't know how I feel about Brock not being able to just massacre everyone.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I hope Ned's okay on Spider Skull Island.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

pnumoman posted:

Fantastic return to the show. Lots of fun new characters, a new arch for Rusty, and it seems like Hank's getting a Romeo and Juliet plot line.

The only thing I have to wonder about is Brock not destroying the not-Avengers instantly; I mean, it is New York, so you can't have the local heroes be utter pushovers, but I don't know how I feel about Brock not being able to just massacre everyone.

He was handling Fallen Archer rather well, and he and Stars & Garters were pretty even, wasn't till the amazon showed up that he lost

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought the show was airing at 12:30, but when I turned on Adult Swim at 12:15 it was midway thru the show. I would have missed the episode all together if it weren't for streaming sites of questionable legality.

So, what are the odds that gill-woman is a red herring?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Giant novelty checkbook is a good gag.

null posted:

Haha, I knew someone wasn't going to get that. Yeah, they're swingers; he's only jealous about his feud with Venture.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

pnumoman posted:

I mean I feel like by the time we hit Sphinx/OSI2.0 Brock had dropped most of the "Swedish Murder Machine" characterization, and even before then he was only killing henchmen and road hauling idiots in fruit bat costumes. Almost-wrecking not-Hawkeye before the rest of pretty-much-The-Avengers got the jump on/subdued him feels about right.

RandomPauI posted:

Red herring or red-haired-girl?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Maybe The Monarch will join up with The Peril Partnership or the Fraternity of Torment to get arching rights from them?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

RandomPauI posted:

Hell, what are the odds her name is Red Herring?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

qirex posted:

Hell, what are the odds her name is Red Herring?

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
For the life of me I can't catch what is said right after Night Dick says 'he laughed at the name.' Any guesses? (Please don't clothes/clones this).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

It's a Sicilian thing.