Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I wonder if you do your hair differently if thatd help, like a bun instead of a ponytail or something.

Hopefully Brisbane gets cold soon and he realises its well and truly past breeding time and keeps it in his pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

My partner came across wild ringnecks somewhere in Brussels:

Speaking of birb love:

I got a video but come on is that something people want to see, really (rhetorical)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
GET A ROOM YOU TWO

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Steve and Ohtori are my OTP

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Hopefully Brisbane gets cold soon

Brisbane. Cold.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bonk bonk bonk :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

apparently this is a super comfy way to nap. Note the weird positioning of his right wing. This is because my little finger is underneath it and he doesn't give a gently caress.

if you say so bird.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
It is nested in your warm, claw like grasp. Safe, happy. :swoon:

Or you know, trusts you alot. Damnit Bird, some of us don't get to have birds to fall asleep in our hands, let us have this. :cheeky:

E: Seriously, that second picture is so cute.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I am always surprised by just how tiny Amadeus is compared to all the other conures in this thread.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Thyrork posted:

E: Seriously, that second picture is so cute.
:3: he's a good bird.

Khizan posted:

I am always surprised by just how tiny Amadeus is compared to all the other conures in this thread.
Yeah, he's very small compared to the other GCCs I've seen. That means he's perfect for scooping up in both hands and mashing against my face though :buddy:

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

I wanna pet all your birds :( :(

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I will need you to sign a disclaimer.

And a copy of proof of medical insurance.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Tendai posted:

:petdog:

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Tendai posted:

This is like a lava lamp of birds. I could watch it for hours :allears:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

apparently this is a super comfy way to nap. Note the weird positioning of his right wing. This is because my little finger is underneath it and he doesn't give a gently caress.

if you say so bird.

Ama is so sweet. I would like to request more pictures!!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Potato Salad posted:

Stop letting him near your hair. Sucks, but do it.

Yeah, I've taken to grabbing him preemptively when he hops onto my shoulder/back. Also because he loves trying to pull out my earrings :argh:

Sekkira posted:

Brisbane. Cold.

It's going to hit 40 on Tuesday :cry:

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:3: he's a good bird.

Yeah, he's very small compared to the other GCCs I've seen. That means he's perfect for scooping up in both hands and mashing against my face though :buddy:

Scout is about as big as Ama, she varies from 67-69g.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Depending on how much poop she has to make.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i wonder if i could weigh a cockatoo

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Perch + scale. Tare the scale. Seeds near perch.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Dreggon posted:

i wonder if i could weigh a cockatoo

Depends on how many fingats you want to end up an offering to the mighty fighty bitey whitey

Aug 24, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

Perch + scale. Tare the scale. Seeds near perch.

the perch idea is good, if i put the box of seeds on top of the scale then the bird will stand on the box to eat the seeds

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

I'm gonna guess Gaston is about 875g, he seems like a big lad

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Dreggon posted:

the perch idea is good, if i put the box of seeds on top of the scale then the bird will stand on the box to eat the seeds

put the box and seeds on the scale then zero it out

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
pick up the cockatoo and weigh yourself then put the cockatoo down and weigh yourself again remembering to add on however many grams your missing body parts weigh

Aug 24, 2011

nope

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Dreggon we have the same kitchen scales :eyepoop:

Aug 24, 2011

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Dreggon we have the same kitchen scales :eyepoop:

is your bird scared of it too the cockies wouldnt stand on it

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Dreggon posted:

is your bird scared of it too the cockies wouldnt stand on it

Nah, I regularly pop him on it for weighing. It's funny watching him scoot around on the slippery surface though.

If it was small enough to fit in his mouth he'd probably bite it though, as it is red, which is a Biting Colour.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Sekkira posted:

Brisbane. Cold.

This is the only acceptable response to the heat:

If you haven't sprayed enough, she'll lift her wings to make sure you can get under there.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Now I have uncontrollable laugher.

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

It's going to hit 40 on Tuesday :cry:

:stare: drat! I think it's only ever been that hot where I live maybe, like, 5 times in my life.

You are further confirming my suspicion that Australia is some kind of Hellscape.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

schnickety scribe posted:

:stare: drat! I think it's only ever been that hot where I live maybe, like, 5 times in my life.

You are further confirming my suspicion that Australia is some kind of Hellscape.

It's going to be even worse Back Home apparently (central/rural SE QLD). We hit a top of 45 last year, it was crazy.

My plan is to head into the uni and use all their aircon (and free internet).

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

It's going to be even worse Back Home apparently (central/rural SE QLD). We hit a top of 45 last year, it was crazy.

My plan is to head into the uni and use all their aircon (and free internet).

Want to come to the States? Here, 45 means you have to wear a coat, not that your eyes might melt out of your skull if you step outside.

The downside is most of the population is idiots, barely anyone knows how to use/read metric, and Donald Trump is free to roam the landscape with his sentient hairpiece.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

schnickety scribe posted:

Want to come to the States? Here, 45 means you have to wear a coat, not that your eyes might melt out of your skull if you step outside.

The downside is most of the population is idiots, barely anyone knows how to use/read metric, and Donald Trump is free to roam the landscape with his sentient hairpiece.

If I move overseas it'll probably be to the UK as I have dual citizenship, or wherever in the EU I can work with that. I admit I'm still kind of horrified by news stories from the US on a regular basis. Realistically I'll probably go to Melbourne at some point or go all out and move to Tasmania :v:

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Bird question time. When using a bird phone, do you talk into the butt and listen to the beak, or talk into the beak and listen to the butt. I ask because Simon really likes to be a phone and I want to make sure that I am getting the best reception.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

If I move overseas it'll probably be to the UK as I have dual citizenship, or wherever in the EU I can work with that. I admit I'm still kind of horrified by news stories from the US on a regular basis. Realistically I'll probably go to Melbourne at some point or go all out and move to Tasmania :v:

Bad news; We've had a few 45-degree days down in Melbourne too :supaburn:.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Bad news; We've had a few 45-degree days down in Melbourne too :supaburn:.

Melbourne 45 is not the same as Brisbane 45 :colbert:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

jadebullet posted:

Bird question time. When using a bird phone, do you talk into the butt and listen to the beak, or talk into the beak and listen to the butt. I ask because Simon really likes to be a phone and I want to make sure that I am getting the best reception.

I usually talk into the butt and listen to the beak, because Taco likes to nibble on ears but will bite your chin/lips if you taco phone him.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Im going to spend all day in the ocean. 40 gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

So close, and yet...

Now you have to try and put a hat on one of them it will be cute trust me

jadebullet posted:

Into beak, deal with ear biting. Ohtori will deliberately poo poo on you after bird phone-ing him so...

E: I hoovered and cleaned the floors etc and as soon as I sit down Steve starts eating Zupreem and sending bits flying everywhere

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 1, 2016