Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

kelp is http://orcz.com/Marvel_Heroes:_Promo_Codes in the OP? it should be

:siren: new duders: redeem all those codes for free stuff :siren:

Dp being helpful?? What the hell is happening??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

El Generico posted:

Have they improved performance in this game at all?

set everything to max to make the game run better (lol unreal engine 3)

if that doesn't improve things, then you are SOL

unless you mean the performance issues introduced this patch, then idk check the official forums. they have a thread there with some fixes.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

So I read some emails for once, and saw deadpool got his rework. How is it?

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Is good.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Nomadic Scholar posted:

prob one of the better reworks gaz has done. He is good and fun.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Man. They really need to dial back the number of seeds on uniques and lower drop rates in CMM. The drop rate of uniques in other areas are decent if you weren't getting garbage 99% of the time. CMM is the only place that gives you the sheer volume required to get strong rolls across all the good item affixes.

that's not really something they can easily go back on now

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Man it's pretty awesome having to relog every second time I use a travel power.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Sweet. I'm glad I got him as a random somewhere last year then. He looks drat fun from that gif alone.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I think my favorite part of the Deadpool rework is completely dumping Spirit costs, because sometimes it's nice to not have to lean on a 25% core to fix a character's resource problems.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Theres a very good balance reason why some characters don't have to worry about spirit and some can't even dash to the boss without running dry. You see, there's a very strict quarterly spirit budget

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Looking over a ton of builds as I'm getting ready to sleep and I have a suspicion that Ghost Rider is getting a very nice bump from all the new items released.

With the amount of area, physical and mental he does, he should be able to get down to sub 5 minute ttk without psi overload at this rate. Lots of stuff to swap around.

New medallion will take him way up: Skrull X-Men Medallion for sure.
New artifact options in Chapter 10. Lots of contenders to buff.
Uniques: Slot 2 will become Standard X-Men Issue and Ring might become the ranged/melee hybrid. That's gotta be mathed up.

I really want to take him for a spin. Great trash clear and with higher damage, he could be a real joy.

I'm excited to put these new Items in action.

Edit: Psylocke, the original Waifu, is also a big winner with these new items. Except she will be any hero uniques basically everywhere hahaha.

She will also rock a Glinting Einherjer Brooch and good luck getting that.

ICR fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 1, 2016

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I'm not gonna lie, I have no motivation to get ready for this contest at all

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Nodoze posted:

You also hate Jean's new look and I can't believe it! I thought it was very well done.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

re: Deadpool

Can we just get all heroes to not have to use a resource? Just let us shoot and cut and burn and explode things as we want. tia gaz

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nodoze posted:

I got ready but now I'm like procrastinating on actually doing it because holy gently caress why are all the abilities routinely disabled by travel powers what the gently caress gaz

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

She will also rock a Glinting Einherjer Brooch and good luck getting that.

Glinting Einherjar Brooch

just do the lower asgard event to defend the treasury? or whatever

costs 275k from the vendor and :siren: it is real good, probably BIS for anyone that can proc it aka melee preferably with a melee tagged dot or 10 :siren:

if a pubbie tries to sell you one, tell him to gently caress off

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 1, 2016

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Catsworth posted:

re: Deadpool

Can we just get all heroes to not have to use a resource? Just let us shoot and cut and burn and explode things as we want. tia gaz

For real, stuff like Momentum on Juggernaut or Odinforce on Thor can stay, but if everyone on spirit could just switch to nothing but cooldowns that's be rad. Late levels it doesn't matter much, early on it just makes a lot of characters like Black Cat and Gambit a lot less fun than they need to be. There'd need to be reworks for stuff like that one Gambit power that is more expensive and does more damage the more you cast it, but I'd say that's worth it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is this site accurate for good artifact list?
http://jm.shost.ca/useful-artifacts/

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Is this site accurate for good artifact list?
http://jm.shost.ca/useful-artifacts/

Not really. It tends to be super out of date.

If you're looking for what artifacts are worth selling then you want this list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ujxq2RlpF1pYuYRAcTM_QtI9ISeO7wMLr-fATKrRvuU/edit?pli=1#gid=0

If you want to know what artifacts are BiS for your hero, then you kinda have to cross reference that hero's official subform, also the ttk spreadsheet in this thread, and also the builds on http://marvelheroes.info/ to suss out what the best gear options are for your guy.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Feb 1, 2016

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Yall need to be farming Hightown for that sweet new loot

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Glinting Einherjar Brooch

just do the lower asgard event to defend the treasury? or whatever

costs 275k from the vendor and :siren: it is real good, probably BIS for anyone that can proc it aka melee preferably with a melee tagged dot or 10 :siren:

if a pubbie tries to sell you one, tell him to gently caress off

Isn't the one from the vendor just the regular version?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Drythe posted:

Isn't the one from the vendor just the regular version?

No the vendor has the real thing.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

:gaz:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jusupov posted:

No the vendor has the real thing.

Always max roll or no?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Not a max, but it has only 3 stats and 1 of them is the taunt so pretty easy to reroll.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Good to know. So I have a new vendor to roll daily.

Last question: do the dots from a melee count toward the proc? Or is it the hits from the melee itself that trigger proc?

Edit: Trying to see who is gonna be able to keep that proc up 100%.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

soscannonballs posted:

Yall need to be farming Hightown for that sweet new loot

My favorite part about this picture is how Black Cat is a character that can wear three different bodysuits at once.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

DrProsek posted:

For real, stuff like Momentum on Juggernaut or Odinforce on Thor can stay, but if everyone on spirit could just switch to nothing but cooldowns that's be rad. Late levels it doesn't matter much, early on it just makes a lot of characters like Black Cat and Gambit a lot less fun than they need to be. There'd need to be reworks for stuff like that one Gambit power that is more expensive and does more damage the more you cast it, but I'd say that's worth it.
Yeah, the way they rework stuff like that is make it: 1. Deal more damage the more you use it (like DP and RR's machine gun skills); 2. Scale off of maximum "[we're not calling it || we're not making you spend] Spirit" (like DP's skills that still scale off of Awesome + Hulk's that scale off of max Anger). There, done, great. Then prune out every Basic whole sole purpose is "restores X Spirit on hit" and you're pretty well close to done.

The fact that they've taken as long as they did to do something as obvious as standardize free travel powers tells us how likely they are to do something this reasonable + fun, unfortunately.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Strange Matter posted:

My favorite part about this picture is how Black Cat is a character that can wear three different bodysuits at once.

She needs to to keep her evil cleavage from busting out.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Good to know. So I have a new vendor to roll daily.

Last question: do the dots from a melee count toward the proc? Or is it the hits from the melee itself that trigger proc?

Edit: Trying to see who is gonna be able to keep that proc up 100%.

I'm gonna try this with Magik. I'm hoping seven league step will help.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Strange Matter posted:

She's only wearing two bodysuits, her slot 3 is a coat.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The proc on it was also apparently lower than it was supposed to be, Asros said it was patched three days ago, so it should be good now.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
I'm guessing that vendor only has a chance to have the brooch? I've done the event a few times and he didn't have it.

I was enjoying Black Cat but something about her just doesn't feel right. I think I figured it out though, she feels incredibly slow and sluggish. Her "dash" might be the slowest dash in the game and even just running around normally feels slow, like Colossus levels of slow. Which just adds to the irony of her artifact being for movement powers.

I thought Gaz finally got their poo poo together when I saw DP unlocks his spec at 14 but BC doesn't get hers till 42 for some reason. I don't get it.

It's also incredibly hard to go back to playing a character with spirit after playing DP.

HandsomeBen fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 1, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Did Gaz patch out the artifact then? rip getting it if they did

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
No we had half the SG there this morning buying them

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

HandsomeBen posted:

I'm guessing that vendor only has a chance to have the brooch? I've done the event a few times and he didn't have it.

I was enjoying Black Cat but something about her just doesn't feel right. I think I figured it out though, she feels incredibly slow and sluggish. Her "dash" might be the slowest dash in the game and even just running around normally feels slow, like Colossus levels of slow. Which just adds to the irony of her artifact being for movement powers.
Her slowness is really mindblowing

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Someone buy me one in case gaz gazes out and removes them.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I had to refresh the vendor's inventory to get it to appear, try that.

BC's dash is really horrible. It's like BP's stealthydash except he gets a normal dash as well, and she gets nothing.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Why are times and video links listed in the 110 spreadsheet?

Aren't those supposed to be kept hidden until the stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Drythe posted:

Why are times and video links listed in the 110 spreadsheet?

Aren't those supposed to be kept hidden until the stream

Yes. I'll have to fix that. One second.

• Locked thread