Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

dr_rat posted:

Jebs to low energy to be a super-villain. He'd give that speech, forgetting he had actually re-scheduled his 'killing all candidates' master-plan till the next day.

Now tump there's someone who could Ozymandias some poo poo up. Only he wouldn't have any moral doubts only like that original whinny baby.

jeb! is nightowl 2
which makes carly fiorina the silk spectre 2?
rand paul as rorschach
trump as ozymandias
cruz definitely has to be the comedian

dr. manhattan is dr. manhattan because his omnipotent nature supersedes the ability to objectify his consciousness into a singular being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Trump's raw financial numbers got posted earlier, but not how he spent the money.

Politico posted:

He’s spent only $12.4 million since then, with $6.9 million of that coming in the last three months of the year, according to his FEC report.

A significant portion of that, $940,000, was spent on campaign paraphernalia, including yard signs, bumper stickers, buttons, t-shirts and, of course, hats. In fact, about $450,000 ― or nearly 7 percent of all Trump’s fourth-quarter spending ― went towards hats, presumably including the now-iconic hats bearing Trump’s campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.”

That’s more money than the campaign paid its data vendor L2 (which received $235,000 for “research consulting”) or than it spent on strategy consulting ($281,000). It’s almost as much as the campaign spent on field consulting ($551,000) or payroll ($518,000).

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump must spend a fortune on tf2

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

So how will Jeb! deal with getting fewer votes than Rand?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
All those idiot people posted over the past few pages?

Yeah, THOSE are the types of people you President Trump deniers are counting on to save you in the general election.

Actually if those people are actually participating in the primaries/caucuses, they're MORE INTELLIGENT than a sample of typical general election voters.

GOOD LUCK. HILLARY AND THE GENERAL POPULACE WILL SAVE YOU. YES INDEED. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Today is gonna be the day Trump finally knocks these fuckers out
And by now you should have some how figured out when you choose Cruz you lose
I don't believe that anybody feels the way Trump does about America now.

~10.5 hours. V excited.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Boosted_C5 posted:

All those idiot people posted over the past few pages?

Yeah, THOSE are the types of people you President Trump deniers are counting on to save you in the general election.

Actually if those people are actually participating in the primaries/caucuses, they're MORE INTELLIGENT than a sample of typical general election voters.

GOOD LUCK. HILLARY AND THE GENERAL POPULACE WILL SAVE YOU. YES INDEED. HAHAHAHAHAHA

No point melting down before the results are in.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Joementum posted:

In whatever order the precinct chair recognizes them, i.e. whomever puts their hand up first.

From reporting in early January, Trump only had a couple dozen precinct captains lined up. There are nearly 1,700 precincts.

Wasn't he planning talking at caucuses himself? Is he even allowed to do that?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

From a few pages back but loving lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

TheTatteredKing posted:

Wasn't he planning talking at caucuses himself? Is he even allowed to do that?

He is, yes, though he can only do it at one precinct, since the doors close at 7pm.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

So let me get this straight, these immigrants want to come over in order to gain rights and practice their religion. They want to identify proudly as Americans while still keeping their core identity? And live in the same communities as other Americans?

Yeah, you're right, THEY'RE the problem.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Democrazy posted:

So let me get this straight, these immigrants want to come over in order to gain rights and practice their religion. They want to identify proudly as Americans while still keeping their core identity? And live in the same communities as other Americans?

Yeah, you're right, THEY'RE the problem.

So I think her point is that some folk still want to live with the same value systems as if they were in the old country, except they're in America now, and that a little bit of top-down repression would provide an enhanced motivation to assimilation.

That or she wants a hat

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Joementum posted:

He is, yes, though he can only do it at one precinct, since the doors close at 7pm.

His polls are so good but his campaign is such a poo poo show. I have no idea what will happen and it's bugging me.
Someone linked Iowa primary turn out the last few elections, we might see the sort of turn out that Bush caused for Democrats. Or it'll be the Freeper classic of bark and no bite.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
God I can't wait until Trump is declared the CLEAR winner tonight.

The final hold-outs will finally have the blind-fold removed from their eyes and come face to face with reality.

Donald Trump is going to be the next President of the United States.

TRUMP!!!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Joementum posted:

Ivanka is doing it too. Pick the two largest precincts and go there. Also maybe get Carl Icahn and some of his other buddies to stump for him, would really turn out the vote.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
These past 6-7 months have been a wild ride. Today is the day things change for the crazier.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Michael Corleone posted:

Also maybe get Carl Icahn and some of his other buddies to stump for him, would really turn out the vote.

I would *love* to watch Carl Icahn try to work an Iowa caucus precinct. :munch:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

homeless poster posted:

dr. manhattan is dr. manhattan because his omnipotent nature supersedes the ability to objectify his consciousness into a singular being

This is Ben Carson to a T.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Hasn't it been said that people have been declared the winner without being the "real winner" of the state? Is the media running with what aspect of the results they like or is it just reported votes before delegate math?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

God I can't wait until Trump is declared the CLEAR winner tonight.

The final hold-outs will finally have the blind-fold removed from their eyes and come face to face with reality.

Donald Trump is going to be the next President of the United States.

TRUMP!!!

What should we do with Ted once it is over tonight?

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

What if Lord Trump's plan is to rid the US of all religion, a secret Athiest Trojan Horse, if you will.

First we ban the Muslims because they are violent and dangerous.

Then we damage the Catholics by deporting millions of them.

Trump then appoints superliberal justices to the Supreme Court, ushering the dawn of the Godless Age.

Soon, Protestants are in the streets rioting, committing terrorism.

Lord Trump crashes down upon them will the full bully pulpit of the Presidency.

Soon, Christians are killing one another in the streets for saying "Second Corinthians."

Only one man can stop the ensuing Chaos.

Give him your faith, your love, your trust. And some money, too.

Soon all will pray in the Church of Trump

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Oh crap. What's with these late Iowa polls showing a Rubio surge???

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_caucus-3194.html

They're trash, right? Emerson has a C+ from 538 and Opinion Savvy isn't even listed.

DON'T SCREW THIS UP IOWA YOU FLYOVER COUNTRY HICK GARBAGE PEOPLE VOTE FOR A WINNER THIS TIME.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Give him what he wants.

He wants so desperately to be a savior. His Messiah complex is like no other.

Give him what he really wants.

CRUCIFY HIM!!!!!!

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

the trump tutelage posted:

All I do is flex, I don't need a reason
All I want is votes, I don't need a reason
Fly out on a jet, I don't need a reason
Every day's a never ending summer season
All eyes on me

good post here

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

TheTatteredKing posted:

Hasn't it been said that people have been declared the winner without being the "real winner" of the state? Is the media running with what aspect of the results they like or is it just reported votes before delegate math?

It happened in 2012 because the state GOP hosed up the count and declared Romney the winner by eight votes, only to find out a couple weeks later that Santorum had actually won.

Also, prior to this year, the actual delegates were assigned at the state convention and went to the national convention unpledged, hence the Paul strategy of flooding the later-round caucuses with their supporters after the media spotlight faded.

This year there will be the Microsoft app to report results in an attempt to get the count right (I predict this will go hilariously wrong), and all of the delegates are being bound based on the results of the precinct caucuses, to stop the Paul strategy from working.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Boosted_C5 posted:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_caucus-3194.html

They're trash, right? Emerson has a C+ from 538 and Opinion Savvy isn't even listed.

DON'T SCREW THIS UP IOWA YOU FLYOVER COUNTRY HICK GARBAGE PEOPLE VOTE FOR A WINNER THIS TIME.

If you trust The Goblin Nate Silver, depending on which brand of magic you rely on Trump either has a 45% or 55% chance of winning Iowa. The betting markets have 63%. Either way, all you can do now is go to work, relax, come home and watch the returns.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Boosted_C5 posted:

Cruz knows he might lose 2nd place to Rubio, so that's all he's been focused on most of the last week. Rubio for his part sees this as his opportunity to wedge into 2nd in Iowa. Trump, in my opinion, has got this.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
I wonder if Trump is spending so little money because he is approaching politics from OUTSIDE of the campaign-grift-apparatus that most politicians use to run their campaigns. Those consultants can get expensive...

edit: oh yeah, and twitter

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Boosted_C5 posted:

Give him what he wants.

He wants so desperately to be a savior. His Messiah complex is like no other.

Give him what he really wants.

CRUCIFY HIM!!!!!!

Ted Cruz bit the hand that feeds him. His supporters like Mark Levin followed suit. Even now they throw stones at the Trump faithful.

Their betrayal cannot be tolerated. Crucify Ted Cruz, and chain his howler Monkey Mark Levin to the base of his cross, for any and all of the faithful to spit on and admonish.

Little boy Rubio took his discipline well, and has been on his best behavior since the leader hit him on the nose. His loyalty shall be rewarded with Ted's VP spot. Rubio responded so well to corrective discipline, I have high hopes he will respond well to the lessons he must be taught on border security and making illegals GET OUT, GET THE HELL OUT.

For their obedience, Santorum and Huckabee as well will be rewarded. Perhaps a pet JEB! and pet Rand would suit them? I hear the Huckabee clan LOVES pets.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Boosted_C5 posted:

Quinnipiac University Poll feb 1st:
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/iowa/release-detail?ReleaseID=2320

Trump 31
Cruz 24
Rubio 17
Carson 8

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Logikv9 posted:

Today is the day that Jeb! finally reveals what he has been spending millions on... a group of assassins to assassinate every other Republican candidate :ohdear:

The exclamation point connotes murder.

#JebDeathRally!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Ted will do what comes naturally to him: Shed his flesh husk and assume the identity of a new human to continue carrying out his Reptilian plans.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

So how long would it take for a bad report to be corrected? The narrative from this primary is super important. It would be crazy if Trump gets stumped by a bad report and doesn't recover.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Has Rubio already been declared as the expectation game winner by the media yet

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

TheTatteredKing posted:

So how long would it take for a bad report to be corrected? The narrative from this primary is super important. It would be crazy if Trump gets stumped by a bad report and doesn't recover.

Depends who it favors.

For instance, if the state GOP reports Jeb!'s the winner of the caucus, I'm pretty drat certain it'd be called out instantly.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Jeb⚠ is going to kill himself on camera isnt he?

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

The obsession with "winners" in contests that award delegates proportionally is super stupid in the first place.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Shakugan posted:

The obsession with "winners" in contests that award delegates proportionally is super stupid in the first place.

That sounds like something a loser would say.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Jeb⚠ is going to kill himself on camera isnt he?

No, he'll just continue in a persistent vegetative state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Boosted_C5 posted:

Looks like someone forgot one of the most fundamental rules of the universe.

IOWA WILL ALWAYS DISAPPOINT YOU!

• Locked thread