Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Davincie posted:

you should hav ebeen here to own the retard americans

Yeah, I saw some opportunities for lazy, but high quality burns and now wish I had a time machine!

Alright, I'm going in!

PS: everybody watch My Teenage Romantic Comedy Snafu because it's a good show and would still be great even without Iroha and hikki's sister it's that good!!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

CANNAE! CANNAE! CANNAE! CANNAE! CANNAE!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

when the cannae chapter shows up im posting every single page from it

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I read a cool analysis of Cannae that despite it being a disaster Varro going to fight instead of keeping his head down like Fabius was actually a smarter choice because it showed the minor italian tribes and cities that Rome would fight for them and removed any potential support that Hannibal could have gotten from them.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rome quickly recovering due to allied reinforcements and getting Scipio Africanus to gently caress up the Carthaginians

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im reading sea of fallen beasts cause erg was first. chapter 1 was cold war, now whalers

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davincie posted:

im reading sea of fallen beasts cause erg was first. chapter 1 was cold war, now whalers

Is that by the author of Professor Munakata

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Rome quickly recovering due to allied reinforcements and getting Scipio Africanus to gently caress up the Carthaginians

It was probably the loss of any ability for reinforcement that led to hannibal's downfall, especially since the mainland carthaginians didnt trust the barcid dynasty at all, even though it eventually bit them in the rear end too.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like aemilia tertia

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Is that by the author of Professor Munakata

yes

this is the second manga i've read in 2 days with secret christian japanese being amazed by a jesus figure

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

It was probably the loss of any ability for reinforcement that led to hannibal's downfall, especially since the mainland carthaginians didnt trust the barcid dynasty at all, even though it eventually bit them in the rear end too.

The gauls were also notoriously untrustworthy and left in masse as soon as the tide changed. A good parallel to the Third Punic war can be seen on the WW2 Eastern Front all things considered

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

cannae is cool, even now its studied as an example of military genius when u take classes on military history

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

cannae is cool, even now its studied as an example of military genius when u take classes on military history

im bummed because its probably still gonna be a handful of chapters till we get to it, but with all the hype theres no way it happens offscreen like trebia did

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Srice install sven coop!!

Sure I'll get it installed tonight

Gonna have a busy week but will hopefully have time to try it out at some point

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lol this one is basically brazillian indiana jones complete with a sneaky japanese guy and a fatcat industrialist facing our noble brazillian hero

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davincie posted:

lol this one is basically brazillian indiana jones complete with a sneaky japanese guy and a fatcat industrialist facing our noble brazillian hero

!!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

leon is a big dweeb

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

*is about to die from RSI-related medical complications and manages to catch one more glance at his monitor*

37% sorted.

:suicide:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

that chapters coool tho

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lmao the next one is about a killer sea cow

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i didnt know stellars cow was that big though, educational comics

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davincie posted:

lmao oh poo poo i'm reading it and it's the prequel to loving the last of us????

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the sea of fallen beasts was cool. first chapter was once again the weakest one tho

anyway i love this guys mix of historical and mythological, especially when loving nessie hosed up a uboat

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

i didnt know stellars cow was that big though, educational comics

well, they did make it bigger in the manga

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

well, they did make it bigger in the manga

i meant in real like, they were 30 feet long, thats dang big

i seen regular manatees, they arent that big

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

this fukken page

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Manhole is good, cops vs a weird disease/parasite thing. The horror is mostly body horror stuff, and IIRC it's more of a mystery than anything. The two leads are pretty great as well, lady cop and old man cop.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Good morning new chat thread.

Why is it Monday already?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i found this list of manga while trying to add fallen beasts to mal and every single one of these i've read has been excellent so im assuming every single one of them on the list is good

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

the sea of fallen beasts was cool. first chapter was once again the weakest one tho

anyway i love this guys mix of historical and mythological, especially when loving nessie hosed up a uboat

LMFAO it was actual nessie, i was not expecting that

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

i found this list of manga while trying to add fallen beasts to mal and every single one of these i've read has been excellent so im assuming every single one of them on the list is good

have you read snow ridge snow dance, its super cool

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

but yah thats a dope curated list of comics

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i read a chapter of that bakuon once and it seemed really deperessing though, so i didint go back and try to read it all

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its been added to my ever expanding list

i also found odd dad manga

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

its been added to my ever expanding list

i also found odd dad manga

minotaur dad

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008