Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

trapped mouse posted:

I feel like a lot of the "White Pride" people are now going to "Love your heritage" because it's a much better dog-whistle. Not to say that all the "Love your heritage" people are totally racist, but the image of a conventionally attractive aryan woman along with that message seems like it's geared toward this idea of the purity of the white race.

:agreed: I also get the feeling that this sorta thing will be posted by the racist "white pride"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

chitoryu12 posted:

American presidential elections are actually held every 4 years in November. There's just a bunch of buildup as the two parties (and the tiny ones that nobody cares about because we're dominated by Democrats and Republicans and some independent or Green Party motherfucker is almost like a historical footnote) decide which candidate they're going to put up for the real election.

Are you loving making GBS threads me? There's going to be almost an another entire year of this?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Dr_Amazing posted:

Holy poo poo! When will you guys hurry up and pick someone? It's been like a year and you still haven't even gotten through the pre-election bullshit. When do actually know who's president?

We don't. It's kind of like Christmas except poo poo. Once the elections are over you get like a week of everyone being optimistic about how good the new guy will do/pessimistic about how he'll kill us all and then everyone starts to prepare for the next election.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Dr_Amazing posted:

Are you loving making GBS threads me? There's going to be almost an another entire year of this?

We don't like it any more than you do, but the news stations need SOMETHING to try and keep relevant.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

"We haven't even sent a rover to mars, I'm not even convinced it exists."

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Elderbean posted:

"We haven't even sent a rover to mars, I'm not even convinced it exists."

These people should be the first ones sent to repopulate Mars imo

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Okay, I know, I'm heartless. It's a publicized murder that people have been following. The exclamation points are really strange, and he couldn't end up spelling the word "devastated" right. Plus the avatar, it's all weird to me.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

trapped mouse posted:

Okay, I know, I'm heartless. It's a publicized murder that people have been following. The exclamation points are really strange, and he couldn't end up spelling the word "devastated" right. Plus the avatar, it's all weird to me.

It does kind of convey more of a "oh no, I totaled my car!" vibe than the loss of a child but some people are just not naturals at the internet

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't think it's fair to expect people to act in a nuanced and rational way when hearing news like that, really.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Are we really that desperate for content we're now going for poorly worded grief

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
It's weirder that 8 people liked it

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

artsy fartsy posted:

It's weirder that 8 people liked it

A like in those circumstances is more of a "I want to express my support in my time of need" than a "I like this"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah I can't really laugh about that :smith:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

This isn't exactly social media but I want to share it with you anyway.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Did you search for "donald trump yaoi"??

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is Barack into really short, pudgy dudes?

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

trapped mouse posted:

As for the avatar: 2nd Virginia Tech student arrested in Lovell case; pond searched

quote:

Online, Lovell’s family and friends have been memorializing the 13-year-old and changing their profile photos to a drawing of a panda on a sparkly purple background in her honor.

I assume it's a picture that she liked and that's why they're doing it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Florida Betty posted:

As for the avatar: 2nd Virginia Tech student arrested in Lovell case; pond searched

I assume it's a picture that she liked and that's why they're doing it.

:smith:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I can always rely on this thread for a morning pick-me-up

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Brawnfire posted:

I can always rely on this thread for a morning pick-me-up

In cheerier news; Dawkins managed to retweet an obnoxious photoshop this morning without noticing the attached QR code which led to a copy of the 14 Words white power creed. Tweet has gone now, but he's getting increasingly weirder on there.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

subpar anachronism posted:

I've noticed everyone who is against abortion has never needed to get one.

That's not even remotely true though

http://www.prochoiceactionnetwork-canada.org/articles/anti-tales.shtml

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Dear Richard

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762459&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/693810116563304448

Lowtax posted:

She also tried to sue the Pleasant Hill PD for $80 million because she was thrown in jail after assaulting shmorky and she claimed it was the most traumatizing event for her since 9/11 and the only reason she was pulled over was because she was Jewish(????) and the cops were racist(???) and her family is full of lawyers(???) and she printed out a photo of her arms which she spent all night cutting with a knife to show them proof that they had gosh darn better well get the $80 million check ready.

Needless to say, nothing was heard of the lawsuit since then.

Long story short, schmorky's insane fiance is off her meds and posting like there's no tomorrow on every social media platform she can get her hands on. She's convinced Lowtax is a pedophile and his wife is going to murder her. The thread linked above is trying to track all of it while it happens live, but GODDAM there's a lot to look at.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I finally have some original content to add. It stinks my friend has chronic pain, but I do hate it when people start grasping at straws to fix themselves.

Oh those nasty "toxins" everyone hates them, yet nobody can tell you what they are.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
For one, I'm guessing your poop will look like a typical curry.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

paradoxGentleman posted:

This isn't exactly social media but I want to share it with you anyway.

one shot?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Single, stand-alone story. I hope.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

As opposed to series.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Grey Fox posted:

Dear Richard

:suspense:

Indolent Bastard posted:

Oh those nasty "toxins" everyone hates them, yet nobody can tell you what they are.

I love how asking a simple question like "what are toxins?" makes these people freeze up.

"They're bad things in our environment."

"Okay, what bad things, specifically?"

"...look, I don't have time to do the research for you, just google it"

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Takoluka posted:

Single, stand-alone story. I hope.

Certain masterpieces must be left the way they are, since no sequel can hope to aspire to their height.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
A lot of times "one shot" means "I didn't feel like separating my massive fanfic epic into separate chapters because I have no concept of pacing" though.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

A lot of times "one shot" means "I didn't feel like separating my massive fanfic epic into separate chapters because I have no concept of pacing" though.
Really? That has no been my experience at all, people love to split their stuff into chapters.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

paradoxGentleman posted:

Really? That has no been my experience at all, people love to split their stuff into chapters.

Depends on the website I guess. It was rampant on FF.net but AO3 seems...uh...not professional but y'know. They take pride in their West Wing smutfics.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
what the gently caress is this

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

mng posted:

what the gently caress is this

Something Awful, often abbreviated to SA, is a comedy website housing a variety of content, including blog entries, forums, feature articles, digitally edited pictures, and humorous media reviews. It was created by Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka in 1999 as a largely personal website, but as it grew, so did its contributors and content. Since then, the website has helped to perpetuate various Internet phenomena,[2][3][4] and it has been cite

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lady Naga posted:

Have you ever heard of microfiction?

EDIT wait what am I doing defending smut fanfiction?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
>Idiots on Social Media: They take pride in their West Wing smutfics

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

I feel like if it were directed a non-white audience they probably would not have used a super pale girl with white-blonde hair.

Of course, he's still voting Trump.

Literally every point after the first one is at best an exaggeration, but mostly just plain old lies, so that macro is just plain old IoSM.

And even the first one is dubious, "let" in this case implies they weren't doing it out of negligence and idiocy.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Literally every point after the first one is at best an exaggeration, but mostly just plain old lies, so that macro is just plain old IoSM.

And even the first one is dubious, "let" in this case implies they weren't doing it out of negligence and idiocy.

I just noticed that it says "banksters." That's pretty iosm.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

I've noticed everyone who is against abortion has never needed to get one.

Hilariously, not even true

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-some-pro-life-women-have-abortions-and-profess-to-still-be-pro-life

quote:

Clients would attempt to justify their own abortions as necessary compared with the frivolous abortions of other women. Many health workers said, as Janice did, that they often assured such clients that their situations were not unusual. This recurring conversation frustrated staff members, who often found it easiest to simply ignore clients' anti-abortion remarks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.