Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

64bitrobot posted:

drat. So, apparently, calling the skyranger for Evac doesn't take any time. It's instant.

If you have the option. Some missions have you tailing it out to designated evac points which can certainly end up iffy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
This sounds super hard. Is there a casual/easy mode, or do I just resign myself to never finishing it? Dadgamer life.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Piquai Souban posted:

This sounds super hard. Is there a casual/easy mode, or do I just resign myself to never finishing it? Dadgamer life.

Yeah, there is, Beagles just playing on super hard mode.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Piquai Souban posted:

This is literally the hardest difficulty. There are three easier difficulties.

YouSpoonyBard
May 10, 2007
You Killed Anna!

Piquai Souban posted:

There is an Easy difficulty :)

Don't worry if you're watching Beagle's Stream I believe he's playing on Legendary which is the most difficult setting.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Piquai Souban posted:

Keep in mind that the streamer everyone's watching right now is playing on literally the hardest built-in difficulty setting (and even modded it to be harder in an earlier preview campaign). The game is a lot more forgiving on lower difficulties, though you still do need to think and play tactically in order to succeed.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
IIRC the only reason Beags removed the ini tweaks he made to make super-hard mode even harder is because his stream chat was whining about the constant wiping, he seemed to be enjoying it

dude's nuts in the best possible way

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
Any deals going on for Pre-order? GMG discounts don't seem to be working.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Haha, the enemy won't go near his over watch camping.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Jabor posted:

Keep in mind that the streamer everyone's watching right now is playing on literally the hardest built-in difficulty setting (and even modded it to be harder in an earlier preview campaign). The game is a lot more forgiving on lower difficulties, though you still do need to think and play tactically in order to succeed.
For comparison to EU, the difference between the easiest and hardest difficulties included halving your base health, anywhere from +10 to +20 aim for the aliens, +dmg for melee aliens, +10 crit for all aliens, +will for the aliens, assorted health benefits to the aliens (usually enough to pull you to one more hit required to kill), more aliens per pod, more pods per mission, and the game literally cheating for you on everything below classic, including shackling the AI and making the gambler's fallacy an actual thing. That's in addition to a bunch of Geoscape changes including less money, less power, no starting satellite, no free OTS, and more panic generated.

The jump from easy to impossible is incredibly significant.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 1, 2016

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tormented posted:

Are you doing the "GMG VIP" section of the site? I ordered mine last night from there at a discount and it worked fine.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Tormented posted:

GMG still has it, it just moved to the VIP section.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Speedball posted:

Haha, the enemy won't go near his over watch camping.

They were sitting right on the edge out of his vision in the open just waiting, it was great.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Chiwie posted:

The ignore and report buttons are probably more useful tools to use then.

He has been reported and probated out of this thread's successor 4 times

He is herpes at this point, face it

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Coolguye posted:

Gross

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Speedball posted:

He keeps making MGSV references, I love it.

Wait is Bradford doing this or beagle

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
I can't tear myself away from this stream. I apparently have class today, but I don't imagine that is going to happen.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Coolguye posted:

Wait is Bradford doing this or beagle

Beagle, he made one soldier look like Venom Snake, complete with ponytail and red arm. "Let the legend come back to life!" *misses pistol shot* "Engravings don't give you tactical advantages!"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I am embargoing myself from streams and stuff so that both makes me sad (for not seeing it) and disappoints me (for Bradford not shamelessly quoting Kaz or something)

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

Coolguye posted:

I am embargoing myself from streams and stuff so that both makes me sad (for not seeing it) and disappoints me (for Bradford not shamelessly quoting Kaz or something)

If it helps, Bradford got SUPER mad about burgers at one point. No, not making that up.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Speedball posted:

Beagle, he made one soldier look like Venom Snake, complete with ponytail and red arm. "Let the legend come back to life!" *misses pistol shot* "Engravings don't give you tactical advantages!"

I wish the game came with a Beagle commentary track.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Coolguye posted:

Do you think Junpei's posts should be entered into the griefing thread because jesus christ he's gotten under your skin.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The moral differences between Vahlen and Shen from 1 was a pretty neat feature, I wonder if they are going to carry on that trend into the sequel

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Blowing up floor beneath enemy units is the best :v:

edit: goddamn beagle, this is crazy. I'm gonna stick to normal difficulty.

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 1, 2016

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Any reviewer that complains about the pauses while the CPU tries to figure out a good strategy should be kicked in the taint. I would much rather wait ten seconds and have the AI make a good move then for it to rush and be an idiot.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Chiwie posted:

The ignore and report buttons are probably more useful tools to use then.

Why is there a problem with giving the kid some good advice on why he isn't getting the responses he's been wanting? Like, ignoring the kid is a lot more cruel than just giving it to him straight.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The moral differences between Vahlen and Shen from 1 was a pretty neat feature, I wonder if they are going to carry on that trend into the sequel

I liked that a lot, but it got kinda derailed when Kind Humanist Shen said, "I can give this guy some cybernetic enhancements," and you said, "Ok," and then he dismembered your healthy volunteer to mount their torso on a walking tank that hadn't even been built yet.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Mordaedil posted:

Why is there a problem with giving the kid some good advice on why he isn't getting the responses he's been wanting? Like, ignoring the kid is a lot more cruel than just giving it to him straight.

It's because he doesn't change and continues to poo poo post, which is impressive considering that most posts ITT are empty hype posts.

^^It's imploded that the limbs can be reattached later, as Vahlen saves them. Meld is the super material after all.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Keep in mind that "volunteer" in this case means "the one that the Commander says volunteers"

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I sure wish they would release a soldier creator so I could get the hours I'm going to waste on that out of the way ahead of time.

HenryEx posted:

Keep in mind that "volunteer" in this case means "the one that the Commander says volunteers"

I always only 'volunteered' soldiers who were gravely wounded.

"He's no good to me like this".

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Holy poo poo this luck Beagle keeps having. :fuckoff:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Zernach posted:

"Ha ha we're in a building below your sniper and flanking everybody else" :stare:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Blast Padding's explosive protection seems to be custom-made for blowing a grenade at the soldier's feet to hit everyone around them.
Also, naming a pistol "Six Bullets are All I Need" in honor of Ocelot.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Tried to generally avoid the hype, but cannot stay away. Bought the book and spent all afternoon reading it covertly at my desk this afternoon on my kindle app. Model employee.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

dogstile posted:

Do you think Junpei's posts should be entered into the griefing thread because jesus christ he's gotten under your skin.

If you like I guess, see how that would turn out for you

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Zernach posted:

And the final pod on his map is a Captain with 2 Stunlancers, haha.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I wonder if the devs sent a special "get hosed" copy to beags' house.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stun lancers seem pretty brutal

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

I wonder if the devs sent a special "get hosed" copy to beags' house.

Sure looks like it. That's a lot of missed overwatches

edit: lol beagle making an Evanescence reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Elliotw2 posted:

GMG still has it, it just moved to the VIP section.

Found it thanks. Guessing I should hold off on the season pass as well?