Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

hcreight posted:

Secret Life of an American Teenager. That's the one Joel McHale loved to bag on on The Soup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab2MlvPAPiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
New season of The Venture Bros. starts tonight on Adult Swim.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Now I feel like I have to watch the first seasons of Secret Life and Pretty Little Liars before embarking on watching Gilmore Girls.

edit: Also the first half of this season of Once Upon a Time.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 1, 2016

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
drat, Galavant had an incredible season finale.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Davros1 posted:

I honestly thought 24 should have focused on a new and different agent each season instead of Jack Bauer in every single one.

Had the same thoughts about Homeland. Can keep guys like Sal and Dar Adal as constants but thought it'd be better if each season had a new location and new arc with new agents.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

blue squares posted:

My younger self was really sexist when it came to judging female-centric television
Count yourself lucky enough to be self-aware, most manchildren never grow out of it and stay manchildren.

Mu Zeta posted:

The creator of Gilmore Girls also made Bunheads afterwards. Paris and Emily among others are on it. Very similar show but replace Hep Alien with ballet dancing.
Man I feel like I need to rewatch Bunheads cause I do not remember Liza Weil in it at all. Even though IMDB and everything says so too.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Sober posted:

Count yourself lucky enough to be self-aware, most manchildren never grow out of it and stay manchildren.

A liberal arts education has some value after all. (And far too many hours spent on this website).

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
I binged through Gilmore Girls last year, and my current binge-series is Gossip Girls. During the first season, all I wanted was a Blair/Paris spinoff.

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug
Grease live was pretty good

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Sober posted:

Man I feel like I need to rewatch Bunheads cause I do not remember Liza Weil in it at all. Even though IMDB and everything says so too.

She plays Truly's sister.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Billions has some of the WORST dialog i have ever heard.

So much potential... loving awful, the boardroom scene in episode 2 deserves an award for being utterly poo poo.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mu Zeta posted:

The creator of Gilmore Girls also made Bunheads afterwards. Paris and Emily among others are on it. Very similar show but replace Hep Alien with ballet dancing.

I was so annoyed when it was cancelled, ASP did the seemingly impossible task of making a show like GG that even had a stand in for Lauren Graham who had a totally different approach to acting and somehow it actually worked, and was this wonderfully sweet little show in its own rights.

The intro where they did the Bjork track was so good. I don't know if it was the name or the subject matter that put people off (probably a combo of the two, I wouldn't have watched if it wasn't for GG) but they really didn't give it long to find its audience. Ugh.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was on ABC Family and not about teenage sex. Doomed.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

The Collector posted:

Grease live was pretty good

I've seen Grease once or twice when I was younger and half-paying attention and I haven't watched any of the live musical things before so I went into it with a pretty open mind and I can confirm this.

Though 50+% of my satisfaction with it was Wendell Pierce so there's that too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here are the six pilots the CW ordered this year, but only one can become the chat threads favorite show of 2018.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

zoux posted:

Here are the six pilots the CW ordered this year, but only one can become the chat threads favorite show of 2018.

I bet "Untitled Mars Project" ends up being name "Roanoke."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Binging through season 2 of Galavant and holy poo poo is this hilarious

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Riverdale was already done really well on Fox's ADHD block. Obviously this'll be live action and not ten minutes long, but it's still the exact same concept.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Rarity posted:

Binging through season 2 of Galavant and holy poo poo is this hilarious

I liked the first season just fine, but season two was a remarkable step up in my opinion.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's funny how Vinnie Jones has been acting for about 20 years and it took him this long to get a role that actually required some effort and he was remarkably able to step up to the part.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

zoux posted:

The CW just needs to give in and make Global Frequency.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

EL BROMANCE posted:

Riverdale was already done really well on Fox's ADHD block. Obviously this'll be live action and not ten minutes long, but it's still the exact same concept.

If it's anything like the current Archie books being produced, Riverdale is going to more or less be a straightforward teen drama but with Archie characters in it.

Alternatively, if they based it on Afterlife with Archie, I'd totally be okay with that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Manos del Sino posted:

I liked the first season just fine, but season two was a remarkable step up in my opinion.

I've now finished it and if there isn't a season 3 that's a goddam crime. Everything was on top of its game all season long.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

muscles like this? posted:

It's funny how Vinnie Jones has been acting for about 20 years and it took him this long to get a role that actually required some effort and he was remarkably able to step up to the part.

Way back in 2001 he was in a movie called NIGHT AT THE GOLDEN EAGLE and he was great in it. It's taken from then until now for him to actually act again.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
if you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

hcreight posted:

If it's anything like the current Archie books being produced, Riverdale is going to more or less be a straightforward teen drama but with Archie characters in it.

Alternatively, if they based it on Afterlife with Archie, I'd totally be okay with that.

I guess I wouldn't mind watching a zombie Jughead eat brains like burgers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hcreight posted:

It's actually being made by the same guy writing Afterlife with Archie and is said to be Archie meets Twin Peaks.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Rarity posted:

I've now finished it and if there isn't a season 3 that's a goddam crime. Everything was on top of its game all season long.

That was an ideal ending, though.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

ShakeZula posted:

How much murder did you think there would be in Gilmore Girls? Because there's a solid amount of murder in PLL.

Not really all her fault, but a couple of Rory's boyfriends probably might have ended up better off meeting an axe murderer.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Midway through the first season, Leverage decided the lead character was an alcoholic. They never mentioned this before.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rory's rich friends were insufferable. Especially the Australian guy. Also the Krysten Ritter character.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

Rory's rich friends were insufferable. Especially the Australian guy. Also the Krysten Ritter character.

s6 spoilers for the one guy currently watching it: Jess coming back to call out how much Rory's new friends were insufferable, and how much she's changed and not for the better was one of the most satisfying episodes in the show.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

thanks for tagging!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

hope and vaseline posted:

s6 spoilers for the one guy currently watching it: Jess coming back to call out how much Rory's new friends were insufferable, and how much she's changed and not for the better was one of the most satisfying episodes in the show.

Loved that moment. But that character was also a loving Poochie character from the start.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Lmao Kumail Nanjiani in the new X-Files. This must be his dream job.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
Is Galavant worth watching from the start, or would it be better to pick up from the S1 finale? I hear S2 got way better.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

MrBuddyLee posted:

Is Galavant worth watching from the start, or would it be better to pick up from the S1 finale? I hear S2 got way better.

Start at the beginning.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow Kaley Cuoco looks amazing in Lip Sync

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MrBuddyLee posted:

S1 is by no means bad, S2 is just a huge step up. And S1 is only 8 episodes so it's not like a big commitment. Also, some of the main character arcs of S2 won't have the same power if you haven't seen S1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watched the first episode of Horace and Pete last night. It was weird as hell, but I really really enjoyed it.

• Locked thread