Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
The insufferable twats at INN weigh in on the Star Marine debate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea_S910A89k

No timestamp because I refuse to watch it

Also this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Is it possible that Sandi lies pathologically about her past because she's a recently constructed robot with poo poo-poor AI and they didn't think to include a feasible backstory?

If this is too goon-creepy I will edit it out..

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Those guys got like the most unflattering hair/facial hair on the Internet

Compared to them Erris is downright handsome

He's gotta get a lot of citizenette tail :huh:

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Also this

@fart in left upper corner

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:lol:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Also this

Well, I'm convinced - time for Chris Roberts to take all my money

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Also this

This is the first time I've heard Dolvak. Is this some kind of a Joke? If he was an actor he would be chastised for such an insulting portrayal of a nerd.

... The guy at the upper left. Jesus! And that bowtie!

Edit: Never mind, the dude on the top left wins.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 1, 2016

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Haskell9 posted:

Hey Lethality I wasn't kidding I will subsidize your voice here even You need a platinum account to read this message

Lowtax banned me so I lost plat and can't read these anymore.

:(

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Hav posted:

Right now, it looks like it's being turned into set-top/incorporated stuff by Chinese manufacturers; I don't know what Razer were thinking, but it's solid alibaba level jank.

Lest anyone forget, they were producing the 'Stradivarios' of controllers, assuming that Stradivarios went for 'vague and plasticky' in his controller line.
"Y" would you say that?

lol

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

trucutru posted:

This is the first time I've heard Dolvak. Is this some kind of a Joke? If he was an actor he would be chastised for such an insulting portrayal of a nerd.

Got a treat for you friend

Check out 49.40 for some nice Dolvaksturbation

Those guys got such chemistry (mostly ipecac)

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
At this point Bootcha should just do the Goon de Yadda video with what he has and use the "LET ME loving FINISH" audio for the Warlord's contribution.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FrankieGoes posted:

Is it true that some dolphins like to have sex with humans, and it makes their genitals glow red like on that episode of King of the Hill? Asking for a friend.

Dolphins have a pretty complex level of sexuality. It's kinda crazy. They are known to masturbate and engage in homosexual behavior, but they are also known to engage in cross-species sexual activity. It's pretty common to see them engaging in 'sexual assault' on humans - essentially masturbating on them or their dive gear. What's more unsettling than the fact that they will hump you is the fact that on occasion dolphins have been known to 'court' humans, sometimes pretty seriously.

A misguided experiment in 1965, for example, saw a young woman attempt to live with - and teach English to - a bottlenose dolphin. The two were confined into a house that was specially modified and flooded with eighteen inches of water, allowing Peter the dolphin to move freely throughout. Early in the experiment, Peter started getting protective, loudly chattering and interrupting any time Margaret was on the phone to someone "on the outside". Then the dolphin began getting erections any time she would play with him. At some point Margaret "took care" of the problem, and then the dolphin started behaving differently towards her. Peter became very gentle and caring, and would rub his teeth up and down her shins in an attempt to "woo" her.

So basically never give a dolphin a Hojo, or they will fall in love with you and get clingy.

Also, of note is the fact that the scientist who ran that insane experiment was named John C. Lilly. He did a bunch of experiments with dolphins, but also a bunch of experiments with acid. Later in his career (in the tradition of all great 60s scientists) he started thinking more about human consciousness and headspace and whatever, and came up with the idea for the Earth Coincidence Control Office, or E.C.C.O. A dolphin scientist tripping balls on acid came up with a mind-expanding manifesto called E.C.C.O.

Yep, Ecco the Dolphin is basically a documentary.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Tortolia posted:

At this point Bootcha should just do the Goon de Yadda video with what he has and use the "LET ME loving FINISH" audio for the Warlord's contribution.

this is a good idea

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Got a treat for you friend

Check out 49.40 for some nice Dolvaksturbation

Those guys got such chemistry (mostly ipecac)

No, noooooo! the guy on the top left has a wedding ring! What the fuuuuckkk.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

So basically never give a dolphin a Hojo

Truth

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Tortolia posted:

Yes! Just this out of loving nowhere.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Also this

Randomly fast forwarded into it where they were talking about software versioning. I can't wait for the Starbucks barrista complaining about hating companies that go over 9 in minor version number (so for example 2.10.1) to tell me about how i an not understanding game development.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Also this

what kind of pathetic nerd watches this

why

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

trucutru posted:

No, noooooo! the guy on the top left has a wedding ring! What the fuuuuckkk.

I'll just choose to believe he's married to Dolvak

Like they got separate rooms with their own lovely camera setups and never speak to each other analog like

You can tell they go well together because they occupy completely separate parts of the audio spectrum

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Dolphins have a pretty complex level of sexuality. It's kinda crazy.

Most of the liebe und licht crowd got quite annoyed with the fact that male bottlenoses will occasionally isolate a female. Or other animals. Nothing destroys the majesty of dolphins quite as quickly as knowing that they're fans of a bit of the old 'in and out' and have no truck with the idea that it's just for making little dolphins.

Pretty much the best evidence for actual sentience, IMO.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

Everyone is ignoring the status of a very important aspect of the game, and that is the $1 million space plant.

I hope the CIG forum bird person adds this to his repertoire of Import Features to ask about

Happy Sisyphus posted:

cobblers reveal yourself

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

Randomly fast forwarded into it where they were talking about software versioning. I can't wait for the Starbucks barrista complaining about hating companies that go over 9 in minor version number (so for example 2.10.1) to tell me about how i an not understanding game development.

Yeah, like those idiots making the Linux kernel

lol

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Wow, how sad. "Bill" is an older guy with a decent job and nothing better to do than defend scams online. Not doxxing, he signs some posts with his full name.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
I just read--glanced at because lol, no--a transcript from 10 for the Chairman, and the answer to every question was some variant on "We don't know; it's not done yet." I thought it must have been an old one and I ought to locate a more recent one.

It was from last week.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon posted:

Dolphins have a pretty complex level of sexuality. It's kinda crazy. They are known to masturbate and engage in homosexual behavior, but they are also known to engage in cross-species sexual activity. It's pretty common to see them engaging in 'sexual assault' on humans - essentially masturbating on them or their dive gear. What's more unsettling than the fact that they will hump you is the fact that on occasion dolphins have been known to 'court' humans, sometimes pretty seriously.

A misguided experiment in 1965, for example, saw a young woman attempt to live with - and teach English to - a bottlenose dolphin. The two were confined into a house that was specially modified and flooded with eighteen inches of water, allowing Peter the dolphin to move freely throughout. Early in the experiment, Peter started getting protective, loudly chattering and interrupting any time Margaret was on the phone to someone "on the outside". Then the dolphin began getting erections any time she would play with him. At some point Margaret "took care" of the problem, and then the dolphin started behaving differently towards her. Peter became very gentle and caring, and would rub his teeth up and down her shins in an attempt to "woo" her.

So basically never give a dolphin a Hojo, or they will fall in love with you and get clingy.

Also, of note is the fact that the scientist who ran that insane experiment was named John C. Lilly. He did a bunch of experiments with dolphins, but also a bunch of experiments with acid. Later in his career (in the tradition of all great 60s scientists) he started thinking more about human consciousness and headspace and whatever, and came up with the idea for the Earth Coincidence Control Office, or E.C.C.O. A dolphin scientist tripping balls on acid came up with a mind-expanding manifesto called E.C.C.O.

Yep, Ecco the Dolphin is basically a documentary.
How do Dowlphins fit into this?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Welp, sounds like dolphins are the go to fish in the Stimpire.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
This is a strange turn even for the fart shitizen thread

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
:siren: Head over to the You must upgrade your account to platinum to view this message thread, some poo poo's going down, we need to keep this out of reddit so be careful yeah? anyone with any legal knowhow or Is good at writing this up into an article should pm me ASAP :siren:

Derek If you read this, this is some serious poo poo, I recommend you You must upgrade your account to platinum to view this message before You must upgrade your account to platinum to view this message

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Berious posted:

This is a strange turn even for the fart shitizen thread

Agreed. Let's fix it and get back on track.

GOLDEN BEET SALAD

2 bunches golden beets
1 bunch frisée or lettuce of choice
1-2 green endives
1-2 red endives (if unavailable, may substitute green endives)
several sprigs watercress, leaves only
5 green onions, thinly sliced
handful filberts
2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
lemon honey vinaigrette or other vinaigrette of choice (I like to use plain balsamic vinegar)
olive oil
salt and pepper

Trim greens off beets; save for another use. Scrub beets, place on foil-covered baking pan, drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in 350° oven 1 hour or till just tender. Cool, peel, and slice. (Alternatively, wrap beets in foil and bake. This should prevent the smoke detector from going off if you have a hypersensitive one.)

On serving platter, arrange frisée with curly ends facing out. Arrange endive leaves over frisée with pointed ends facing out. Top with sliced beets.

Sprinkle watercress, green onions, filberts, and goat cheese over beets. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve at once.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Colostomy Bag posted:

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Tortolia posted:

Agreed. Either he turns in his goddamn contribution in 1 weeks' time from now, or Bootcha just use that and finish it up.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

I have no idea what goon-de-yadda is, but derek please, goon-de yadda.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

I hate the stimpire because it's one of those phrases you'll never forget. Can't remember some boring ITIL bollocks but I'll remember the sickening and heartbreaking truths of the forth stimpire until the sweet release of death. I didn't even google that, gently caress you brain

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I think I've been compromised You must upgrade your account to platinum to view this message I need you to bring the van round asap, if I don't come out then phone You must upgrade your account to platinum to view this message

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

fuzzknot posted:

GOLDEN BEET SALAD

no offense, this looks awful. who would want to eat this? can we keep vegan food out of this SC thread please? more burgs, more fun, six flags.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Genitals on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched testicles wither in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

therobotking posted:

lol reddit post about new f42 studio opening

wtf

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43l1pr/so_whats_happening_with_this_new_foundry_42/

Another studio? I know F42 just got that fat cash injection but is there a need for another location? It might only be a handful of people but there are still costs associated.

Shouldn't really be surprised at this point but drat.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

When's the last time they released a major patch?

2.0 was 12th of December https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15106-Star-Citizen-Alpha-20-Available

Been nothing major since, unless you count the patch which managed to fix the worst of the crashing as major. Figure another 2-3 months of tiny patches before Citizens figure out 2.0 isn't a priority.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

fuzzknot posted:

GOLDEN BEET SALAD

2 bunches golden beets
1 bunch frisée or lettuce of choice
1-2 green endives
1-2 red endives (if unavailable, may substitute green endives)
several sprigs watercress, leaves only
5 green onions, thinly sliced
handful filberts
2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
lemon honey vinaigrette or other vinaigrette of choice (I like to use plain balsamic vinegar)
olive oil
salt and pepper

Trim greens off beets; save for another use. Scrub beets, place on foil-covered baking pan, drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in 350° oven 1 hour or till just tender. Cool, peel, and slice. (Alternatively, wrap beets in foil and bake. This should prevent the smoke detector from going off if you have a hypersensitive one.)

On serving platter, arrange frisée with curly ends facing out. Arrange endive leaves over frisée with pointed ends facing out. Top with sliced beets.

Sprinkle watercress, green onions, filberts, and goat cheese over beets. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve at once.

That looks great, OTOH :effort:

Have you tried spiralizing? I got a cheap spiralizer recently and have been eating loads of raw veg. Makes it more tasty and fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
My loving Kobo ebook reader broke

Evening is officially ruined

• Locked thread